Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDA Mafia: Roles Suggestions EmptyDA Mafia: Roles Suggestions

more_horiz
Have you got a suggestion for a new mafia role you'd like to see in the next Mafia game? Or maybe a change to an existing role? Don't be afraid to voice your opinion here! Give your suggestion and I'll consider it for the next game :D

descriptionDA Mafia: Roles Suggestions EmptyRe: DA Mafia: Roles Suggestions

more_horiz

Mafia

Sex offender:
Roleblocks someone at night. Can only be used 2 times safely, after that, the chance of getting caught increases.

more_horiz
Salader wrote:

Mafia

Sex offender:
Roleblocks someone at night. Can only be used 2 times safely, after that, the chance of getting caught increases.

That's the gang banger.

more_horiz
Name change then DA Mafia: Roles Suggestions 2896007000

more_horiz
Salader wrote:
Name change then DA Mafia: Roles Suggestions 2896007000

Why? I don't want the game to get shut down.

I have two new neutral roles in mind:

Executioner
The Executioner is given a target at the beginning of the game.
In order for the Executioner to win, their target must be lynched before the end of the game. If the target is killed at night, the Executioner will become a Survivor with no vests.

Survivor
The Survivor may choose to use a vest at night, which will make them immune to being killed (except by roles that pierce immunity) that night. The Survivor has three vests to use. In order for the Survivor to win, they must be alive at the end of the game

more_horiz
How about...

The Lunatic:
The lunatic can kill one person in the night. However, they can only do this if they have posted an even number of times in an odd numbered day, or an odd number of times in an even numbered day. They may also not use a randomly selected vowel (randomly picked before the start and given along with role) in any of their posts, including their lynch votes. The lunatic wins when all people who signed up with names containing the vowel they may not use are dead.

more_horiz
That makes no sense

more_horiz
RIght, I'll explain. The lunatic must post an even number of times if the day number is odd or an odd number of times if the day number is even. But this is only if he wants to kill somone in the subsequent night.

At the start of the game, a lunatic will be given a randomly selected vowel. They will not be able to use this vowel in any of their posts on mafia. Their win condition is that when all people with this username (except the person themself, if they have that vowel in their name) are dead, if they are still alive then they have achieved their win condition.

more_horiz
thats silly.

more_horiz
It's awesome. It's inspired by OCD and is the perfect kind of stuff for a lunatic.

more_horiz
I was thinking about a "good serial killer." They'd be in the Town faction and kill off people every two nights. The thing is, they're really bad at their hobby, and leave evidence behind on every murder. They also don't know if who they kill is Mafia, Town, or Neutral. Their main goal is to take down the Mafia. If they attempt to target the Cult Leader, the Don, the Bully, or anyone who is protected, they get killed. Once they picked off everyone that is not the Don in the Mafia, they can pick off the Don last.

The Serial Killer can also choose not to kill anyone. In doing this, they'll have to wait another two nights before choosing another target. The serial killer can escape death once, but they'd be revealed.

This is a rough draft of a bad role. So I'm not super sure about it. :I Do what you like with it, and you can go from there.

more_horiz
XraishionX wrote:
I was thinking about a "good serial killer." They'd be in the Town faction and kill off people every two nights. The thing is, they're really bad at their hobby, and leave evidence behind on every murder. They also don't know if who they kill is Mafia, Town, or Neutral. Their main goal is to take down the Mafia. If they attempt to target the Cult Leader, the Don, the Bully, or anyone who is protected, they get killed. Once they picked off everyone that is not the Don in the Mafia, they can pick off the Don last.

The Serial Killer can also choose not to kill anyone. In doing this, they'll have to wait another two nights before choosing another target. The serial killer can escape death once, but they'd be revealed.

This is a rough draft of a bad role. So I'm not super sure about it. :I Do what you like with it, and you can go from there.

That's pretty interesting, I'll keep it in mind.

more_horiz
Priest: Town role-
During the night, they can choose one person who will be resurrected during the next day. They will only be able to say 2 words and will immediately perish again at the end of the day. These words could be a vote.

Jester: Neutral role-
The jester's aim is to be lynched during the day. They win if they are lynched (although it is notable that multiple different factions can win). When they are lynched, a randomly selected person who voted for them will die.

Witch: Neutral role-
The witch has a night action in which they will pick two targets. The first target's night action will be resolved against the second target, however they will not know they have been controlled in this way. (An investigative role could be completely ruined by thinking they investigated one person when they in fact investigated another). The witch's aim is to live to see all of the town dead.

Amnesiac: Neutral role-
The amnesiac's first win condition is that they must survive till the end of the game. However, they can choose to remember a role that has been killed, and will take that role's night action and win condition instead of their own for the remainder of the game. When an amnesiac uses this ability, it is announced that "An amnesiac has remembered the role 'XXX'", however the name of the amnesiac is not revealed.

Beguiler: Mafia Role-
The beguiler can decide to hide in someone's house at night. Any action taken against the beguiler during that night will be instead resolved against the target of this action. This action can be used 4 times.

more_horiz
The Beguiler is flawed. Anyone who uses an action against them will know that the target changed, and realize that their original target was the Beguiler.

Jester's only weakness is being role-killed? And that's also a flawed role, where the Jester is revealed when they are targeted for a lynch.

Witch is scary to me. Anyways, I actually like them, jj.

more_horiz
The Hero: Town Role
This person cannot be voted out or killed during the day. During the Night Phase the Hero will know about 1 killing. The Hero can choose to save the person being killed by redirecting the killing towards himself. This does not work against Lynching.

The Butcher: Neutral Role
Once every 3 nights The Butcher may remove all actions of 1 person. (Includes Voting) for the rest of the game. The Butcher's vote counts for -1.

The Shining: Neutral Role
During the night The Shining may inspect 1 player. If the inspected player is a town role The Shining may kill that person and pin the blame on any other player. The Shining will automatically die if the inspected player is anything but a Town Role. The Shining's vote counts as +0

more_horiz
most of those are either flawed are OP or just plain silly. I like Witch and Priest though.

more_horiz
Jester is neccesary. Completely. It's an awesome role that spreads confusion like a disease. And beguiler is cool as well.

Also, with witch, depending on whether or not you tell players when they have been mind controlled, the person may not whether know they have targetted the beguiler or not.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum