Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionNovice Questions EmptyNovice Questions

more_horiz
Is it mandatory to play 'Quick-Play' Magic Cards on your opponent's turn? Someone on DN told me that using a QP Magic Card on your opponent's turn was optional and could be played on either players' turn.

Was he lying so he could play Mystical Space Typhoon? Are there exceptions/special conditions on certain cards QP Cards?

Also, I was told the Trap Card, Call of the Haunted, could be played on either players' turn.

How much of this is true? What more 'special conditions' should I keep an eye out for?

descriptionNovice Questions EmptyRe: Novice Questions

more_horiz
1. It is totally optional but you have to set it first to activate it on your opponent's turn. and when you set a quickplay it follows the rules of traps when they are set.

2. Unless a QP states otherwise, then no there are no special conditions.

3. Any trap card can be played on either players turn but it must be set first and you cannot activate a trap the first turn you set it.

4. All of what I have said above is true.

more_horiz
Yoshiya Joshua Kiryu wrote:
1. It is totally optional but you have to set it first to activate it on your opponent's turn. and when you set a quickplay it follows the rules of traps when they are set. Meaning that when they are set, you cannot activate them until the next turn, aka your opponent's.

2. Unless a QP states otherwise, then no there are no special conditions. You can activate quick-plays as you would with a normal spell cards during your turn.

3. Any trap card can be played on either players turn but it must be set first and you cannot activate a trap the first turn you set it. No traps can be activated the turn they're set. Good example would be Scrap Iron Scarecrow. After using its effect, it sets itself and can no longer be used again until the next turn.

4. All of what I have said above is true. True story.

Last edited by Alikaey on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
They can be activated on any turn, but QP and Traps need to wait a turn after being set.

more_horiz
Thanks, guys! This is really helpful. The only way to get better is to ask I suppose. (:

more_horiz
Answered, locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply