Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

LESSON #11 [Solved: kiryu ]

+3
prettydummy
';..;'
VantageSP
7 posters

descriptionLESSON #11 [Solved:  kiryu ] EmptyLESSON #11 [Solved: kiryu ]

more_horiz

LESSON #11

Stunning Revival
For this lesson we will take a look at the card "Call of the Haunted". Back in the day this card used to be banned. Over this time it spawned many similar cards. Many are archetype specific, or level/attack dependent. None beat the original. Call of the Haunted has many benefits. Aside from the obvious in this lesson we will be talking about one aspect of Call of the Haunted I love the most. My best duel style is "Stun" and that's just how I play.My plays are meant to limit the opponent's options of disrupt their plays. Call of the haunted can do just that. Call of the Haunted is Spell Speed 2, meaning it can be chained to non-counter traps. Being Spell Speed 2 it has a ton of advantages. The main one we will focus on for this lesson is chain Call of the Haunted in a stun like manor. What are some good cards you can special summon with Call of the Haunted by chaining it? And why? Describe some notable scenarios when chaining Call would be beneficial. Now for the tricky part, aside from this explain it's stun side. How can you make full use of Call to stun the opponent. What monsters are good for special summoning with Call when chained to certain cards? Explain some scenarios.

The one with the best description and in depth critique of how it can be used to stun the opponent gets the DP.

Last edited by VantageSP on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:44 am; edited 4 times in total

descriptionLESSON #11 [Solved:  kiryu ] EmptyRe: LESSON #11 [Solved: kiryu ]

more_horiz
uhhmmm...

i guess... use it on vanity feind to disrupt their attemp of special summoning monsters?

LESSON #11 [Solved:  kiryu ] 1174271126

more_horiz
good cards that should be chained with Call of Haunted: Sangan, Card trooper, Dandylion, Fossil Dyna (when ur opponent has a field of weak monster xyz/synchron materials). Normally i chain call to my opp's MST so i get +1 (sangan and card trooper). to stun them, i chain call to bring the fossil dyna they suicided with card trooper =) when they normal summon junk and activate its effect (i love the LOL on their face)

more_horiz
Call of the Haunted Using And Strategies

Good cards that are that u can summon with Call of the haunted while its getting destoryed are cards that have prioity like Grandmaster hanzo, Elemtal Hero Stratos, and Infernity Archfiend. When they are summoned u can call Prioity and add a Card to your hand which means u get a +1 to your hand. For Example say your opponent plays HEavy Storm while u have a hazno in your grave u can call chain and Summon it call prio and get its effect to add a Ninja to your hand.

Some other cards that are good for u to summon are Dandyloin, Card Trooper, And Sangan. They all allow u to do An effect if destoryed so if call is destoryed. For Example if your opponent plays Dark Hole To kill your dandy then plays heavy storm u can chain call of the haunted and summon dandy again so u can get a +4 monsters so u can use for tuning next turn or for tributing.

good cards that would stun would be archlord krystia, fossil dyna, and Thunderking Rai-Oh. They stun because if your opponent uses monster reborn u can chain and get out fossil dyna or archlord krystia to prevent them sp summoning which means they lose there reborn and a chance to get back a monster. another way is if they play monster reborn and target a card in your grave then u can chain and take that card and sumomn so they waste a reborn. Also, when they have sangan and plan on sacing it for a search which means u can sp summon Tking to prevent the search and prevent them from sp summoning fusions synchros or XYZ. means they have limited options.

Well i Had A lot More but i screwed up

Last edited by tnacrimson on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Can you reexplain it? I'm dumb most of the time o.o

more_horiz
It is easily the less broken of the big 3 resurrection cards, simply because it only targets something in your yard, and you have to set it. The only top deck that should really be using it is Zombies, and that’s because of all the Mass synchro summoning that you can do. If you are using a non tier deck, this card would also be in there for the most part, just because of the power it has. Because the game isn’t about using Tribute monsters, you are better off letting your opponent to kill the card so you can chain it and get a plus off some grave effect card. If you are using Zombies, or a non top tier deck, use this card without a doubt.

more_horiz
changd it back to wat i had before only took 2 hrs

more_horiz
kiryu basically summed it up. Basically call is great for chaining to cards to either stop it or gain some form of card gain. Using Call on Rai-oh to mess with Duality and Sangan/searhers/floaters or even chaining it to cards that SS and grabbing Dyna to stop it. Heck you could even use it in response to a summon to make them not be able to go for a synchro/xyz by getting Dyna, or scaring them with Rai-oh.

@';..;': Fiend can't be SSed unfortunately.

more_horiz
DP transferred and locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum