Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionControl Sams (Post Banlist, pre lack of Priority, RL) EmptyControl Sams (Post Banlist, pre lack of Priority, RL)

more_horiz
Monsters: 16
3 Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki
3 Legendary Six Samurai - Kagemusha
3 Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan
2 Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
1 Hand of the Six Samurai
1 Spirit of the Six Samurai
1 The Six Samurai - Zanji
1 The Six Samurai - Irou
1 Great Shogun Shien

Spells: 17
1 Gateway of the Six
3 Six Samurai United
1 Book of Moon
3 Shien's Smoke Signal
3 Upstart Goblin
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Giant Trunade
1 Reinforcement of the Army

Traps: 7
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Musakani Magatama
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck: 15
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2 Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Naturia Barkion
1 Naturia Beast
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Magical Android
1 X-Saber Wayne

Side Deck: 15
2 Kinetic Soldier
2 Cyber Dragon
2 Smashing Ground
2 D.D. Crow
2 Nobleman of Crossout
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Effect Veiler
1 Starlight Road

Thoughts?

descriptionControl Sams (Post Banlist, pre lack of Priority, RL) EmptyRe: Control Sams (Post Banlist, pre lack of Priority, RL)

more_horiz
As far as I'm aware of the new ruling change will take place on March 19th for OCG Territories only. The TCG's Judge Manager sent out an e-mail to all registered judges specifying that. Hmm... can you give me test results ? (mainly for Great Shogun Shien and Spirit of the Six Samurai) I grabbed some time only to see how Reinforce Truth goes because I'm not sure about the changes in my monster line-up yet.

descriptionControl Sams (Post Banlist, pre lack of Priority, RL) EmptyRe: Control Sams (Post Banlist, pre lack of Priority, RL)

more_horiz
masterkoitsu wrote:
As far as I'm aware of the new ruling change will take place on March 19th for OCG Territories only. The TCG's Judge Manager sent out an e-mail to all registered judges specifying that. Hmm... can you give me test results ? (mainly for Great Shogun Shien and Spirit of the Six Samurai) I grabbed some time only to see how Reinforce Truth goes because I'm not sure about the changes in my monster line-up yet.

Spirit was a mainstay in the deck (and resulted in a Nationals Invite) and that won't change.

I'm not teching Bottomless because I'm a Judge and received that message. Shogun creates a lock with Shi En and at 1 it shouldn't create dead hands. I haven't been able to test just yet, mainly due to midterms - will test on March 2nd when the first new banlist tournament is. I want to be more control and less swarm.

Who knows, Red and Blue may be playable in this. I tested them and they sucked with last banlist.

more_horiz
What exactly do you mean by saying "Shogun creates a lock with Shi En" ?

more_horiz
Irou, Zanji and Spirit... They are good but there is no good use for them in this Legendary version. Especially Zanji and Irou because you maybe use Spirit for tuning. Upstart Goblin is just.. I don't know. However Reckless Greed is better I think. Traps, Side and Extra looks good enough.

more_horiz
Shogun comes on the field with Shi En, your opponent can only activate one spell/trap per turn due to Shogun's effect. Shi En can negate anything except Counter Traps.

The only way out is a Debris Dragon, and I almost guarantee I have an out to it.

As for Zanji/Irou, I'm thinking about Irou for X-Saber/LS/Plant/Reaper. Zanji can switch for Yaichi.

Edit: Uh... Reckless Greed is a -1. Upstart is 1000 LP (gained by opponent) for a 0 and a deck thinner. With only 2 Warnings this format and Trap Stun seeming to be one of the good choices for decks, I would rather my Upstarts.

more_horiz
Thought exactly the same thing the first time I was searching for possible cards to add for the new banlist, but then I came across a ruling provided by Netrep and figured out that Shogun is just a nice addition to your field development since a "lock" isn't basically created that way.

If “Great Shogun Shien” is face-up, and the activation of your opponent’s Spell/Trap Card is negated (by “Magic Jammer”, etc.), they can still activate 1 more Spell/Trap Card after that.

more_horiz
Oh, bah. I actually kind of figured that with how Shogun's worded. But anyway. Maybe Shogun will bait out a Warning or something. Don't really know. I won't be able to test tomorrow, chances are.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply