Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionGemini Spark and Thunder King Rai-Oh EmptyGemini Spark and Thunder King Rai-Oh

more_horiz
Ok lets say I am in Battle Phase I attack them with Thunder King Rai-Oh so they chain Call of the Haunted or Scapegoat can I negate it with Thunkder King Rai-ohs effect?

Ok last one I have a gemini monster lets say neo alius and I am at my battle phase. I attack them then they chain Dimensional Prison can I chain my Gemini Spark to destroy my Gemini Monster then destroy a card and draw?

Explain why or why not please. Thx

descriptionGemini Spark and Thunder King Rai-Oh EmptyRe: Gemini Spark and Thunder King Rai-Oh

more_horiz
2deathy wrote:
Ok lets say I am in Battle Phase I attack them with Thunder King Rai-Oh so they chain Call of the Haunted or Scapegoat can I negate it with Thunkder King Rai-ohs effect?

Thunder King Rai-Oh's effect can only negate inherent special summons. These include monsters that are special summoned from the hand during the main phase (cyber dragon, dark armed dragon . . . etc), synchro and fusion summons. The reason for this is because Rai-Oh negates the summon of a card, not the effect of a card that special summons something. If a card such as Call of the Haunted special summons a monster, Rai-Oh cannot negate the effect of the trap card. When CotH is summoning the monster, it is in the process of resolving its effect, so no new effects can be added to the chain at that time. By the time it has finished resolving its effect, the monster is successfully summoned to the field, which is after the window of opportunity for negating a summon.

2deathy wrote:

Ok last one I have a gemini monster lets say neo alius and I am at my battle phase. I attack them then they chain Dimensional Prison can I chain my Gemini Spark to destroy my Gemini Monster then destroy a card and draw?

Yes. Chain is:

1. Dimensional Prison activated
2. Gemini Spark chained to D-Prison and Neos Alius tributed for cost of Spark.
3. Spark resolves and you destroy a card and draw a card.
4. Prison attempts to resolve but its target is no longer on the field.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply