Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionThunder King Rai oh vs. Gorz EmptyThunder King Rai oh vs. Gorz

more_horiz
so here's the deal i have TK rai oh and Cyber Dragon on my field while my foe has no cards on his field

its my bp and i atk with Cyber he takes 2100 and summons gorz with token, so can i negate his summon with Raioh? and if i can what about the token? also are there other cards like solemn or Horn of heaven that can negate this even if Raioh can't?

ur responses are well appreciated :D

descriptionThunder King Rai oh vs. Gorz EmptyRe: Thunder King Rai oh vs. Gorz

more_horiz
Thunder King Rai-Oh works like Solemn Judgment and Black Horn of Heaven, so if 1 of them can't, the other 2 can't as well.
Those 3 cards can only negate inherent summons, which are summons that doesn't use the chain.
When you attack your opponent while he has no cards and he takes battle damage, he can activate the effect of Gorz and it will start a chain. Since he does use the chain, he can't be negated by Rai-Oh/Solemn/Black Horn.

If they could have negated the summon, the token would never have been summoned in the first place.

Cards that could have stopped him are stuff like Divine Wrath and Gladiator Beast War Chariot.

more_horiz
ok i get it. im guessing the same applies to Trag too.

anyway thnx for the xplaination it was relaly helpful

more_horiz
As you said, the same applies to Tragoedia.

No problem with the helping.

more_horiz
wait, how about with cards like Opression and Shadow imprisoning mirror ?

more_horiz
Oppression cannot activate in the damage step. Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror only negates effects on the field or in the grave. Neither can stop Gorz/Trag. The only things capable of stopping Gorz/Trag are cards like Divine Wrath and Gladiator Beast War Chariot, who both are Counter Traps so they can activate in the damage step and they negate the monster's effect and destroy it. Light and Darkness Dragon can also stop Gorz/Trag, but they will remain in the hand afterwards since LaDD doesn't destroy what he negates, meaning the opponent can attempt to activate Gorz/Trag again the next time you attack.

more_horiz
ok, i got it thnx for the answers guys. i really appreciate it. and since question is answered u can close this now ^^

more_horiz
Doomcaliber can negate Gorz7trag aswell.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply