Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionThunder King Rai-oh vs SD/AM EmptyThunder King Rai-oh vs SD/AM

more_horiz
Question about ruling between Thunder King Rai-Oh and Stardust Dragon or Stardust Dragon /Assault Mode

Ok it is my opponents turn and Stardust Dragon or SD/AM is on my side of the field and Thunder King Rai-Oh is on his/her. He use an effect that destroys a card on the field so I use Stardust Dragon or SD/AM to negate it and on the End Phase it comes back on the field right? so can Thunder King Rai-Oh Negate the special summon of Stardust Dragon or SD/AM?

descriptionThunder King Rai-oh vs SD/AM EmptyRe: Thunder King Rai-oh vs SD/AM

more_horiz
2deathy wrote:
Question about ruling between Thunder King Rai-Oh and Stardust Dragon or Stardust Dragon /Assault Mode

Ok it is my opponents turn and Stardust Dragon or SD/AM is on my side of the field and Thunder King Rai-Oh is on his/her. He use an effect that destroys a card on the field so I use Stardust Dragon or SD/AM to negate it and on the End Phase it comes back on the field right? so can Thunder King Rai-Oh Negate the special summon of Stardust Dragon or SD/AM?

It's an inherent special summon, so yes.

more_horiz
Wrong. It is not an inherent Special Summon, so he can't negate Stardust AM summoning himself.

more_horiz
Well I have been searching rulings on Yugioh wiki site and Thunder King Rai-Oh Works like Solemn Judgment or Black Horn Heaven which means that It can't negate monsters that Special summon that does not chain or something like that haha.

This mean that SD/AM can be special summon and can't be negated by Solemn Judgment, Black Horn Heaven, Thunder King Rai-Oh IF I use their effect right?

more_horiz
You are right. Black Horn of Heaven, Solemn Judgment and TKRO can only negate summons that doesn't start a chain, like Cyber Dragon, Dark Armed Dragon etc.

more_horiz
Good Examples Evil Bakura. Oh yea one more question If Cauis The Shadow Monarch is Tribute Summon can SD/AM negate its effect as of I know Cauis's effect is Mandatory or has Prior when Tribute Summoned.

My Hypothesis is that when Cauis use its effect SD AM negate it and then SD AM doesn't get remove from play because it is on graveyard and Caius gets destroyed am I right?

more_horiz
When Caius is summoned his effect will activate usually as Chain Link 1 unless the tribute monster was Sangan/Dandylion/etc, and you can then use Stardust AM to negate and destroy Caius. Since Caius's effect was negated Stardust AM will be in the Graveyard, and will be Special Summoned in the End Phase.

more_horiz
So Cauis doesn't remove a card on the field?

THX Evil Bakura for helping ^^, appreciate it.

You can also close the thread after you answer this final question

more_horiz
Correct, since his effect was negated he will not remove the targeted card.

No problem at all Smile

I can't lock this topic, so someone else will have to do that.

more_horiz
Hmm... I guess I shouldn't have just assumed, because I don't know the rulings for SD/AM, but why isn't it an inherent special summon?

more_horiz
When Stardust AM has tribute itself after negating something and it goes to the End Phase, it's effect activates and can be chained too. If not, then it will resolve and be Special Summoned back to the field.
Since it uses the chain it can't be an inherent Special Summon.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply