Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

My Input on Getting Activity Going.

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+5
CrimsonOverlord
Staxx
Booked
Drunkion
kyosuke kiryu
9 posters

descriptionMy Input on Getting Activity Going. - Page 2 EmptyMy Input on Getting Activity Going.

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Hello, this is my feedback on getting people to want to duel again. I posted an idea on my other thread where I suggested ABD dorm to be back, but to keep those 2 subjects separate here is my idea.

I mean to create more activity and more activity in the dueling scene it's possible, but we need to advertise more! I remember back in my days when I ran an academy (Duel Kings Academy for those who were from the old times.) with my partner Silentherox we established prizes such as points for advertising.

Example, Staff or committed members would duel random people in lobby and after we beat them on a duel we would say that there are better duelists in our academy and ask if they were interested in joining an academy and link them to it, sorta like selling something to someone. Yes, it can get people annoyed, but it works! I even got people/staff from KCVDS to join(KCVDS is equivalent to like DN forums.) It's all about being committed members and on your spare time dueling random people to advertise the academy, the concept of an academy is cool to some, so you will get many to join. Feel free to explain what we do here such as battle people with talent, without having to duel noobs who don't know much about the game! You can explain the fun games we have to offer such as dice games, and the point system this academy has implemented. It's free, so you are not selling anything just asking people to join. You can tell them to try it out and if not they can leave anytime. But point is to bring people because how else are we going to make the duels more exciting without more people!

Anyways. back then, we also would ask our members to advertise and we gave them points or compensation for advertising. Even ranking up depending on how many duelists they recommended a month. Keep in mind that to be in another rank other than slifer it's not just about being good at dueling, you have to be helpful and essential to the academy or community as well. Now, the way we determined if someone new was recommended by someone trying to get points, I would tell the new member to make their introductions in the intro section and include if someone recommended them and put their name on their intro, and grant them their points then and there (of course more work on staff). In Duel Kings, we had a testing system and point system similar to what we have here, or had. We are so used to basing our ranks on dueling skill level, which is good and all, but when in reality those who advertise get better at dueling. How do you ask? The duel random people which they get better and then asking their opponents to join at the same time so that's profit for both that persons skills, and for the academy. Slifers, which is what we start off newbies as, will gain motivation to rank up by advertising (Yes, I know we are not trying to make it easy on the slifers to move up, but it has to be done to gain activity and bring back dueling here). We are so used to making it more difficult for these new members moving from a simple slifer to Ra. I feel like the old point system was always better. Now a days these people lack motivation to rank up or stay since they start from the lowest of low but then you do have some who like the challenge, but those who like the challenge won't mind starting from the bottom, but since barely anyone duels now a days they have no one to compete with. I think that everyone starting from Slifer was the lazy way to do things per say. I feel like when we actually "tested" someone based on rulings, and dueling skills and ranking them was way better, a bit unfair at times yes, but it was fun! I mean, mainly the point is that we need to bring people here, and really advertise the heck out of this place. Those who do YouTube, can advertise there. You can make an "Advertising" team (should be staff ranked, so it will give people motivation to do that) made here dedicated for just that if you have to!

I feel like we have given up, so start advertising, and you will see that the activity will grow a bit more. Of course in other forums, make banners like the old days with "Join Duel Academy" with a hyperlink attached. Or add them to your profiles in other forums. Of course make sure they allow advertising in your signatures on those forums.

descriptionMy Input on Getting Activity Going. - Page 2 EmptyRe: My Input on Getting Activity Going.

more_horiz
okay pep, it would be definitely appreciated.

STX - I am glad that you ask that question. I have been doing research since on the staff section I asked for our affiliates list to increase to help promote ourselves, and as well, as I have been asking to let us war these people some more, which by the way the staff are against warring these academies. Anyways, here is the links of some academies I have compiled.

http://gx-duelacademy.forumotion.co.uk/forum
http://mada-2014.canadian-forum.com/
http://yosenjuacademy.forumotion.com/
http://soaduelacademy.forumotion.com/

They are in order from active to somewhat active. I am sure theres more like DNF, DGz, ect.

descriptionMy Input on Getting Activity Going. - Page 2 EmptyRe: My Input on Getting Activity Going.

more_horiz
If we are to war again, revamp prerequisites to get in. You should want the best of the best.

more_horiz
Hello guys this is a follow up on my initial idea on advertising the academy.

Respawn a mod in DB has confirmed that we can advertise the academy inside the game and on their Discord in the general section. So I've been advertíng a bit with STX. We just stay in unrated with a note to join our academy and has been working as you can tell, we have been gaining a bit more people.

Unfortunately, since I'm not always online I can't always advertise, so I need help, please let your friends know about us, or on your free time advertise it, it would be highly appreciated. I am willinging to give people 25 DP from mine for each person you bring, So if we have our loyal members advertising we can make more friends here easily.

Always advertise our discord with it so they will see that this ain't a dead academy! In the works we have a cool signature in the works you can use to advertise our academy in other forums.

Don't think that the staff and I haven't been working on stuff behind the scenes because we have! Just be patient a bit. We need more people to be able to help this be a fun place and so we can host more events and tournaments. I will make announcement on this later, but wanted to get our members opinions

more_horiz
I'll begin to advertise as well where applicable.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply