Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionNeeds to be some more activity going on... EmptyNeeds to be some more activity going on...

more_horiz
I might've just became a Moderator, but I have to admit, that was practically pointless. My permissions are a bare minimum, and there is little to moderate. We need something to spice things up. I recommend:

-Getting an article team. There is all of one article in your "Library".
-Send out a newsletter. I know it sounds corny, but people who get newsletters are more likely to be reminded that they -are- a member of this forum and are more inclined to return.
-Beef up the GFX areas. Have contests.
-Encourage deck discussion. There's a lot of talent going to waste because there's so few decks posted.
-Have feature interviews with winners and nominees of the 2008 BC duelist awards.

descriptionNeeds to be some more activity going on... EmptyRe: Needs to be some more activity going on...

more_horiz
I support this idea 100%. Tsurin being my associate and admin (at the BC Team/Academy Universe) understands the need for academy reform the same way I do.

Duelists on KCVDS are often n00bs or beginners who have no way of quickly learning the game. Instead, they continue to duel and learn the hard way making the process long and painful. But there is a solution isn't there? Academies were made for this very purpose or at least, this is what the word means.

If we continue to work on academies in the right direction. This "educational" reform will help shape the new members of BC. For that reason, I agree that an article team is necessary as well as more stimulated deck discussions. His other suggestions are excellent ways to trim the academy.

Don't worry, these changes should apply to all academies, even Duel Kings. No academy has truly satisfied me with its activities yet. However I'd be delighted and impressed if DA would be one of the first to start shaping up.

Props to Tsurin for putting this together!

descriptionNeeds to be some more activity going on... EmptyRe: Needs to be some more activity going on...

more_horiz
Perfect!
I was hoping to see a suggestion that can make DA the best and it has come

2 things in DA that make a beginner a good duelist --- Deck Fixing and Articles,

I found that a few fix decks to get more posts!. We can give prizes for the best fixes and stuff and I bet there will be better and better fixes.

Articles --- We have only ONE Article in our Article Section so far. As Tsurin said if we have an Article Team and if they HAVE TO write articles it would be better. We can give prizes to the best article and stuff too

Another talent that is recognized thanks to DAs GFX. We must disallow simple ratings and useless comments abt GFX. It wont help the Artist to become an expert. Only Commnets on how to make the pics better should be allowed. The GFX Tutorials should be continued too. We had only 1 Class till now. xD

Well done Aster, u r a great asset to the academy. xD

more_horiz
To all DA members and staff viewing this topic, please read these posts at DK as well:

http://duelkings.forumotion.net/site-suggestions-f19/important-directions-t1618.htm

more_horiz
In addition, we need teachers. Dueling only gets us so far.

more_horiz
I support all of your ideas..Tsurin
About Article Team...I'll discuss this with RebornShadow and we'll sure have one and we'll think of a good and responsible leader

about Graphic Contests,We're supposed to have one at graphic war but inactivity delays this

We're still in the start if you didn't know,so don't worry this all gonna be fixed..All Your ideas are considered

Finally I found considerable ideas

more_horiz
Happy to see this academy improveing...cuz this thing has future.
And i also agree with Aster's suggestion's good ideas dude..
Twisted Evil

more_horiz
lol i agree ik my suggestions i have made b4 were not the best at least they werent even needed, but whats done it done.

those were some ideas aster i agree with what oyu are saying and if you could please visit my site (ik don't post) to mkae suggestions. Ill send the link in a PM to the mods and admins so that you can make suggestions.

Srry...went off topic, but haven't been here long, im sure it will work out to make this site ONE of the best...lol...ill help in anyway i can just give the wolf a call.

more_horiz
Thanks for ur contributions Aster
Ur suggestions are being considered by EJ as u already know

message to DA

We will soon have an Article team and also Teaching staff -- I hope so

Off Topic -- We need suggestions like this one to help DA. xD

more_horiz
Can I set up a meeting with DA admins please?

more_horiz
Loger0050 wrote:
Can I set up a meeting with DA admins please?

PM EJ abt it or ask him in ham. I dont think he saw this message

more_horiz
old topic
closed

more_horiz
Archived.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum