Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Empty♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards

more_horiz
♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Create22
This is my latest card, he's capable of 2 effects and he has reasonable defense.

♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Create19
This card can destroy spells and trap cards. Sometimes trap cards are treated as monsters.

♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Create21
Methok is capable of attacking a single target multiple times and burning in extra during the end phase.
She also has the capability to be defensive in attack mode.

Last edited by Dr.Kran on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:34 pm; edited 6 times in total

description♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards EmptyRe: ♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards

more_horiz
i am...........................

so confused.

i think you may not know how yugioh works

more_horiz
MetaphysHunter wrote:
i am...........................

so confused.

i think you may not know how yugioh works

Advice please?
x increases your card's combo while the attack points still remain the same so they can attack multiple times.

For example, Methok is actually stronger than she looks.
The 12x - 250 is 12 attacks combos doing 250 damage each attack doing a total of 3000 damage in total.
'x' meaning combo adding extra moves to the card allowing them to attack multiple times instead of adding it to an effect.
'x' meaning multiple attacks to the same target each doing the same damage per 'x'.

Last edited by Dr.Kran on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
ok
now it makes sense

but first off remove the "combo" mechanic, while it saves time making cards it's not an actually mechanic and will confuse people, like me.

replace with effects like "this card can make up to X attacks per battle phase" X being the number of attacks

For methok just give it an effect similar to that of invoked cocytus
♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Invoke10
so methok now becomes
♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Methho12

makes sense?

If not, I can edit for you.

more_horiz
This needs new text....

Dr.Kron Of Dark Matter
Atk: 1400 Link-2
2 Monsters with 1400 Attack
This card is unaffected by cards whose original Attribute is Dark. This card can attack twice per turn; If both attacks are completed you take no battle damage from battles with this card next turn. Once, for each card which could target or effect this card, whose original Attribute is Dark, and if the requirement is met, you can pay the cost of 1 of those effects; Activate that effect. Only monsters in this card's column, or Link Monsters, can target this card for attacks.
  Link Direction: North-South

This one is to make up for such an overpowered effect.
also add a dark requirement for this/2800 atk base
Once per turn, at Damage Calculation, you may activate this effect; This card's attack becomes 1400, and can attack once more each Battle Phase, until the end of this turn. If this card completes two battles in one turn, you take no battle damage from battles with this card next turn.

Juzzo: Level 4
Atk: 2100 Def: 2300
This card can only attack Machine-type monsters. This card can activate this effect; move this card to a column occupied by a card in your opponent's S/T card zone. During your battle phase this card can target a S/T card in it's column; destroy it, then if it was a trap card, deal 500 damage. This card cannot attack the turn it activates this effect, unless it can attack more than once per turn. If so, it cannot preform 1 of it's attacks this turn.

Meth'hok Level 6
Atk: 250 Def: 2600
This card can attack in Defense Position, up to 12 times per turn. When attacking declare a multiple of 250 at damage calculation, up to this card's current Atk or Def(Whichever is higher), and treat this card's Defense as that number during this calculation. This card loses that much defense after damage calculation until the end of the turn.(This effect cannot be negated) If this card can still preform an attack and attacks directly, you may end the Battle Phase, then deal effect damage equal to it's current Defense. As this effect resolves, you may end the turn. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this effect.

Offensive in Defense
Though weak at defending in Attack Position, it can still deal damage equal to it's Defense.

more_horiz
First, as Metaphys said, "Combo Attack" is not a mechanic in Yugioh.  Instead, attacking multiple times per Battle Phase is an effect cards can have.  Second, some of the effects you chose are a bit overpowerd.  I would recommend modifying them a bit.  For example, Dr. Kron of Dark Matter being able to use the effect of any face-up DARK-Attribute monster is insanely overpowered.  I would recommend either removing it or giving it a more difficult to achieve summoning condition.  I'll make another post later with my recommendations.

more_horiz
For Dr. Kron, there are a few problems I have with it.

1. As I previously mentioned, being able to use the effect of any DARK monster is something nothing should have.  Instead, I would give it an effect that lets you temporarilly negate DARK monster effects.
  2. The effect that Special Summons it during the End Phase is unspecific.  It implies you can summon it whenever you want during the duel, which is another effect nothing should have.  Instead, I would go with an effect that Special Summons it from the Graveyard during the End Phase of the turn it's destroyed.
  3. If I understand the combo thing correctly, the xn (where "n" is a number) is a number of additional attacks, meaning Dr. Kron can attack three times per Battle Phase.  This is another very strong effect that it probably shouldn't have.  At most, I would give it two.  Personally, I wouldn't give it the extra attacks at all.  Regardless, I will show it with that effect in the other options below.

Overall, this is what I would go with.  Other options are listed below.

Dr. Kron of Dark Matter
DARK
Level 4
Spellcaster / Effect
1400 / 1700
This card is unaffected by the effects of DARK monsters. This card cannot be targeted for attacks, except by monsters in its same column, but does not prevent your opponent from attacking directly. Once per turn: You can target one other DARK monster on the field; negate its effects until your opponent's next End Phase. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon it from the Graveyard during the End Phase.

Other options for Dr. Kron :

Juzzo only has two problems, and one of them is fairly small.

1. Attacking Spell/Trap Cards isn't either a mechanic or an effect cards have had.  What cards can have, however, are effects that destroy Spell/Trap Cards.
  2. Its effect that only allows it to attack Machine-Type monsters is extremely limiting.  I would suggest removing it and either increasing its level (recommended) or lowering its ATK and DEF.

Overall, this is what I would go with.  Other options are listed below.
Juzzo
EARTH
Level 6
Spellcaster / Effect
2100 / 2300
Once per turn: You can target one Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

Other options for Juzzo :

Lastly, we have Meth'hok.  There are a few problems with it.

1. The extra damage is unspecified.  You need to specify how much damage is done by an effect.
  2. Treating something as though its in a differnt position is another mechanic that's never been done.  This effect also doesn't have a working counterpart that easily emulates what you were going for.  There isn't anything wrong with doing things that haven't been done, but the issue here is how other existing mechanics would interact with it.  For example, cards in Defense Position cannot attack, unless it has an effect that says it can.  Also, if it is attacked, we would need a ruling on if this card's ATK or DEF is used for damage calculation.  To keep it simple, I would just give it an effect that switches it to Defense Position if it's attacked.
  3. 13 (or 12, depending on how your combo thing works) attacks is still overpowered, even if it only has 250 ATK.  The reason for this is because of cards that change ATK.  Unstable Evolution with this card basically gives you a monster with 2400 ATK that can attack 13 (or 12) times.  The easiest way to fix this is to make it so Meth'hok cannot infict battle damage, but it does 250 effect damage when it successfully attack directly (which also links it to the burn effect you mentioned).

Overall, this is what I would go with.
Meth'hok
DARK
Level 6
Spellcaster/ Effect
250 / 2600
This card cannot inflict battle damage to your opponent. If this card successfully attacks directly, inflict 250 damage to your opponent. If this face-up Attack Position card is attacked by an opponent's monster, before damage calculation: You can change this card to Defense Postion.

I believe that should cover it.  Don't be discouraged by the recomendations.  You just need to try to balance the effects a bit more.  Chances are, the ideas you have can still become balanced after thinking them over a bit more.  It just sometimes takes a while.  (I may or may not have spent 1 1/2 - 2 hours rebalancing these, which is far longer than I probably should have.)

description♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards EmptyVerly nice advice but I'm still trying

more_horiz
@DanelerH - These are the best suggestions, thenks for these suggestions.
@TricMagic - I really like your suggestions too
@MetaphysHunter - Mmmmm, not my type of suggestion but thenks though. 'x combos' are really my invention though.
I like your suggestions, but these cards are specificly for rigged games.
I'm was trying to squeeze in my own special damage types. I'm a scientist you know so I'm inventing new ways to do yu gi oh as of the real creators are.

Inventions by yu gi oh card company
They've invented synchro cards, xyz cards, polymerization cards, ritual cards and even pendulum? Yeah, you shallen't limit yourself to just those. Make a new card type and you have a whole new category of strategy in your hands.

I like the idea of having stronger lower level cards like for example the emperor meklords].
And these are real cards.
♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Meklor12♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Meklor11♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Meklor10

♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Slint10
These cards are going to be added to 'The mastors of disastors structure deck'.
Combo's the new thing and the function should be added to yu gi oh. The function allows you to attack the same target multiple times and I'm certain you will like it. Think of it as a weak sword doing multiple slashes instead of 1 powerful attack.

Dark magician duel Simulation
I summon dark magician and equip him to 'The damage separator flute' which s which removes the zero from the end of his attack and replaces it with an x10.

Now dark magician has x10 - 250 attack points. Doing 2500 damage again.
Now dark magician can hit the same target multiple times with a combo, but he's much weaker.

My dark magician vs your dark magician.
♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Dark_m10 VS ♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Dark_m11
x10 - 250 vs 2500
Your dark magician wins because 250 is lower than 2500, but! however... If I had only attacked you directly he does 2500 damage of direct damage to your life points.

If I added the slightest equip card to the dark magician I had that would make him even stronger than yours in attacking you.

more_horiz
So i that the combo thing is a good idea, but i do have some comments. See instead of just putting the "2x" and calling it a combo attack, do something like:
"We have added a new Mechanic to the game. The '2x' you see next to the monsters attack points is called a 'Combo Modifier'. A monster with a Combo Modifier can attack the same target an equal amount of times shown on the Modifier during each Battle Phase. During this assault Abilities and/or Card Effects that trigger during the damage step can trigger during each attack. Monsters that do not have a Combo Modifier on their card are treated as having a '1x' modifier."
With that you can have cards that lower attack/defense points with each attack, spells and traps that increase the Combo Modifier and so on.
But i do agree the abilities at the moment are overpowered and written horribly, just remember your Power Budget when making the cards. (Also the Meklords are strong yes, but they have a weird way of being summoned and prevent your other monsters from attacking.)

description♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Empty1 star cards?

more_horiz
@Cinque
But there are cards that can support 1 star cards on the field.
Just imagine if the meklords had been level 4 or so, now those are strong cards.
Every now and then there should be some powerful low level cards too.

more_horiz
Yes Level 4 Mecklords would be strong, but if they did that then they would have to adjust the way they were summoned to make it harder or remove some of their good qualities so that they aren't overpowered due to Level 4's having the most support.

description♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards EmptyMusic player.

more_horiz
Cinque wrote:
Yes Level 4 Mecklords would be strong, but if they did that then they would have to adjust the way they were summoned to make it harder or remove some of their good qualities so that they aren't overpowered due to Level 4's having the most support.

How did you get that music player on that signature of yours?

more_horiz
Dr.Kran wrote:
♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Create22
♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Create10
This is my latest card, he's capable of 2 effects and he has reasonable defense.

♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Create19
This card can destroy spells and trap cards. Sometimes trap cards are treated as monsters.

♕ Dr.Kran's newest cards Create21
Methok is capable of attacking a single target multiple times and burning in extra during the end phase.
She also has the capability to be defensive in attack mode.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply