Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDo you prefer playing printed cards or real cards? EmptyDo you prefer playing printed cards or real cards?

more_horiz
I'm still wondering if people like using printed or real ones. Printed cards are cheaper, of course.

descriptionDo you prefer playing printed cards or real cards? EmptyRe: Do you prefer playing printed cards or real cards?

more_horiz
What do you mean printed? Like just take YGO card picture from Interwebz and print it out?

descriptionDo you prefer playing printed cards or real cards? EmptyRe: Do you prefer playing printed cards or real cards?

more_horiz
Yes with the same materials and color.

more_horiz
I wouldnt waste my time to do print cards when you just can use DN lol and the printed cards wouldnt be Tournament legal so I don't see the point of printing them out. Just make little square papers write monster name on it and but it in a sleeve with and original card if you wanna test cards in irl and stuff.

more_horiz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOqHu574Kbw

We had these in my country back in 2003. Later on around 2005 they improved the fakes so much that you actually wouldn't want to buy the originals since there was no official ygo tournaments in my country after all lol. But imagine 1$ is what around 100 cards cost and you get pretty random cards like even the god cards lol. It was pretty funny to play at that time since all you got was randomness but actually anything was possible, some cards that did not even exist in anime at that time were there LOL. Of course the eng and german anime was delayed with dubbing process but still it was awesome to see some cards that were not yet on your TV :D Deck making took skill at least, nothing like today archetype or banlist force of using meta decks. I mean really, what would be a meta deck with complete random packs LOL. You could of create good decks from there but they took skill to build and compose some relation between the cards. The most awesome thing was that later on when I saw how much cards cost as originals on internet and stores... I was LIKE STUNNED LOL. I bought like 1000 cards for 10$ and they bought a mirror force for 50$ HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA. I had mirror forces with all the colors possible (fakeness level asian) for those 10$ :D

Yeah when you actually see that all that color and paper for 100 cards costs just 1$ you actually realize that all those people who bought cards for decks like dino rabbit at its meta times had cost like 1000+$ which is so absurd... have no life at all Razz Sorry if you find yourself there but the only way I see playing ygo is online. I mean online it just takes your soul LOL, but in real life it takes all your money that you have it and all the money that you will earn later that month too LOL. Pretty absurd compared to all the people that are starting and have nothing to eat Wink

more_horiz
So yeah to conclude it, I would prefer printed over real ones pretty much ^^

more_horiz
Well printed cards are pretty more convenient when it comes to playing with friends just for fun, not playing in a tournament. Both have pros and cons so I can't decide D:

Yeah let's all agree using Internet is better.

more_horiz
In 2003 I had a 200 printed cards deck xD

more_horiz
Hardcore lute is hardcore. Well guess printed cards are better.

more_horiz
I'd prefer real cards for official usage. But printed ones for cases where I wanted to have fun. ;3
I remember actually using index cards to draw out YGO cards. ._. It was pretty stupid.

more_horiz
You're always stupid.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply