Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Awards 2016

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+19
Debi
Lux
Galaksii
Booked
psychoturtle
Anzo
Jin Kazama
PowerNova
Drunkion
Kangaroo-Jolty
Linda-Senpai
Centrik
DDS
Salader
Moka
PaNiCMaKeRz
faervel
Alisae
Staxx
23 posters

descriptionDA Awards 2016 - Page 3 EmptyDA Awards 2016

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Welcome to DA Awards nomination for 2016. As per usual, at the end of every year we nominate people for a set of prizes of categories in your opinion they did great at.

During this year we've had to overcome many hardships, most notably the downfall of Dueling Network, but even so, we've all overcome them together. Now, I could go on about how thankful I am to all of you for contributing and spending your precise time here on Duel Academy, making it better and more enjoyable for everyone else, but you'd probably be reading this till 2017 and'd miss out on nominating people for the awards. So to keep it short, thank you for deciding to stay with us here, as apart of our little family.

DA Awards is an event that allows you as an individual to nominate people for prizes - from your perspective they did enough to earn these prizes.

You can nominate 1 person for each prize, you can also use 'N/A' when you don't want to nominate someone for a certain category, for instance:
- Member of the Year (2016): Anzo
- Duelist of the Year (2016): N/A
(These are mere examples)

However, we prefer that you refrain from using too much of "N/A", for it'll make our job a tad harder when counting total nominations and deciding the winner of each category, but it's all up to you.

The categories are as the following:

- Admin of the Year (2016): This prize is given to the person - in your opinion - is the Admin who worked for the better good to assure this community's ever growing growth continues.

- Mod of the Year (2016): This prize is similar to that of an Admin's, only difference, is you'll be nominating the Mod who in your opinion deserves such an award. Someone who has always been there for you when you sought help.

- Assistant of the Year (2016): Similar to the two other awards above. This prize is given the person - in your opinion - did the best among all the other remaining Assistants.

- Member of the Year (2016): This prize is given to the most loyal, active, and friendly member who in your opinion deserves to be entitled member of the year.

- Duelist of the Year (2016): This prize is earned rather than given; however, you're the one who decides who 'earn' this prize. After all, you're the one who decides who has been the best all-around duelist in Duel Academy for this year.

- Artist of the Year (2016): This prize is given to the best artist in this community, someone who always seems to make cool GFX and Tags from time to time.

- Underdog of the Year (2016): This prize is given to someone who started from the bottom and worked his way up to the top of the food chain claiming his righteous place as a real duelist. Someone who was good, then turned great during this year as a duelist.

- Spam-Bot of the Year (2016): O'well, this one doesn't require elaboration, simply put: someone who spams a lot no matter what topic it was. He'll always be there making sure he or she increases his post amount at the end of the day.

- Grammar-Nazi of the Year (2016): The prize is given to the person who, in your opinion, always use proper spellings, and correct others when using improper grammar. Someone that you want to punch in the face using a steel chair each time he tells you to use commas.

Nominations will take place starting today: 14th of December until the 28th of December.
(Note: It's preferable that you provide reasons for why you're nominating each person)

You can use this layout to make things easier for you.

Code:

[b][color=#ff9900]Admin of the Year:[/color][/b]
[color=#ff9900]Reason:[/color]
[b][color=#ff9900]Mod of the Year:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff9900]Assistant of the Year:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff9900]Member of the Year:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff9900]Duelist of the Year:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff9900]Artist of the Year:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff9900]Underdog of the Year:[/color][/b]
[color=#ff9900]Reason[/color][color=#00ff99]:[/color]
[b][color=#ff9900]Spam-Bot of the Year:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#ff9900]Grammar Nazi of the Year:[/color][/b]

descriptionDA Awards 2016 - Page 3 EmptyRe: DA Awards 2016

more_horiz
I fail to understand how does Supreme King title make you Duelist of the Year

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:

I held the title for almost the entire 2015 and didn't get voted DotY so agreed.

more_horiz
psychoturtle wrote:
Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:
psychoturtle wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Can I vote for myself?

I don't think so, I mean Jolty did but she has a god complex so...

your point is?

So let others vote for you, the point of the awards is others seeing value in a person that makes that person stand out above the rest.

Simple, you cant vote for yourself, my votes for myself will be disregarded, i just put that cos i could, i knew they wouldnt count.

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:

Well ive done alot more than just holding my title this year, turt and yourself havent been the most active over the full course of this year to notice this.  and as i stated im my comment above, my votes for myself will be disregraderd as i cant do it, was just for lol's

more_horiz
So do i won duelizt of the year or wut

more_horiz
4 more days left

more_horiz
Might as well close it now, no one else is gonna vote if they didnt vote for 2 weeks

more_horiz
I'm gonna vote in the next couple of days so keep it till the deadline DA Awards 2016 - Page 3 3974120512

more_horiz
You have 3 days left lol

more_horiz
Admin of the Year: @Anzo
Reason: Only admin who has been in the position the entire year. Being prior staff, he may be silent, but I know his role and he runs it well. If not for @DDS recent demotion/step down, it'd be him. @NightBot will more than likely own this in the upcoming year.
Assistant of the Year: @CrimsonOverlord
Reason: He held down the position up until his recent promotion to Mod. Admin in the making? @Anzo
Member of the Year: @Drunkion
Reason: One of the few members that can show up in chat and any active member throughout the year knows, talks to, and duels at almost any given moment. One of the few individuals who is worthy of nominations that has been a regular to DA this year.
Duelist of the Year: @JC the shadow hunter
Reason: Consistent tops in any event he takes part in, strong member in DA War Team, and has held various titles directly related to dueling. Even inactive, I'd bet he can go into a game today and beat most whom consider themselves a top duelist on DA currently. Without a doubt though, @psychoturtle would claim this if he'd not disappeared for some time
Artist of the Year: @Galaksii
Reason: With very few battles to determine this, I wouldn't have thunk he'd show any potential in GFX nor was he into, so it's been a complete surprise to see him topple those I actually know do this regularly here on DA. I'm digging the work I've seen
Underdog of the Year: @Pepchoninga
Reason: I'd have to say I didn't have any expectation with how flamboyant you've been about your dueling skills since day 1, but nevertheless you've impressed me to some extent. Strive to be the duelist of the year by this time in 2017
Spam-Bot of the Year: @Dice Jar
Reason: There isn't a single bot who spams better than this guy

more_horiz
lov u novs <3 @powernova

more_horiz
Drunkion wrote:
lov u novs <3 @powernova

I gotchu bruh @Drunkion surprised at the collection of nominations thats been given
Not hating on anyone, you all are deserving, but seems for the most part it might've been a popularity contest

more_horiz
I love you too Novabro, apretiate the comment! <3

more_horiz
No problem bruh @Galaksii You honestly surprised me bruh, I'm liking the work. Didn't know you even did GFX keep em comin

more_horiz
PowerNova wrote:
Drunkion wrote:
lov u novs <3 @powernova

I gotchu bruh @Drunkion surprised at the collection of nominations thats been given
Not hating on anyone, you all are deserving, but seems for the most part it might've been a popularity contest

A pointless awards this is anyway; because most of the people are subjective and not objective when it comes to voting.

Members like Dan, Crims and more get unnoticed because some simply like to vote for someone who's been active for 3 weeks total. 

This is all just for an userbar anyway, but I'm just pointing out how silly this is because even when someone could get credit they deserve (like members I mentioned) they don't get it.

more_horiz
PowerNova wrote:
Drunkion wrote:
lov u novs <3 @powernova

I have never won an award during DA's awards, for various reasons. Just saying.

Also - I can't cast votes here, I haven't been active enough this year.

more_horiz
PowerNova wrote:
it might've been a popularity contest

No, not might. It is a popularity contest heh
75% of the ppl probably wont admit it but chet is chet

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
PowerNova wrote:
Drunkion wrote:
lov u novs <3 @powernova

A pointless awards this is anyways; because most of the people are subjective and not objective when it comes to voting.

Members like Dan, Crims and more gets unnoticed because some simply likes to vote for someone who's been active for 3 weeks total. 

This is all just for an userbar anyway, but I'm just pointing out how silly this is because even when someone could should get credit they deserve (like members I mentioned) they don't get it.

You don't use 'because' after a semi-colon. Just saying. I'll also highlight all of your other grammatical and syntax mistakes.

I'm bored, deal with it.

Carry on.

more_horiz
Jin Kazama wrote:
PowerNova wrote:
Drunkion wrote:
lov u novs <3 @powernova

That's weird, I'm sure you deserved an award on multiple occasions.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Lux wrote:
PowerNova wrote:
Drunkion wrote:
lov u novs <3 @powernova

A pointless awards this is anyways; because most of the people are subjective and not objective when it comes to voting.

Members like Dan, Crims and more gets unnoticed because some simply likes to vote for someone who's been active for 3 weeks total. 

This is all just for an userbar anyway, but I'm just pointing out how silly this is because even when someone could should get credit they deserve (like members I mentioned) they don't get it.

You don't use 'because' after a semi-colon. Just saying. I'll also highlight all of your other grammatical and syntax mistakes.

I'm bored, deal with it.

Carry on.

Stepping your Grammar nazi game? 

But actually, thank you. I always look to improve my grammar.

more_horiz
psychoturtle wrote:
Jin Kazama wrote:
PowerNova wrote:
Drunkion wrote:
lov u novs <3 @powernova

That's weird, I'm sure you deserved an award on multiple occasions.

It's definitely, 100% a popularity contest. For the most part (apart from when I was the Admin in charge of events, in 2014) I worked behind the scenes.

Behind the scenes tends to be good for credibility (as usually people take what I had to say in public seriously) but bad for popularity (as some of the things I did publicly were disciplinary measures, 'bad news' posts, etc).

Personally? I'm not surprised I've never got an award, actually. Remember that the last official year I could have obtained one was 2014. I had to leave back then, thanks to university.

In 2012-2013 I was 100% behind the scenes. In 2011 there was no DA awards.

more_horiz
as i said 75% of the ppl wont admit the fact that this IS popularity contest and 50% is unaware that they r doing it
Anzo wrote:
an userbar

"A" userbar? y not "an" tho tbh correct form in here in userbar(s) heh

more_horiz
userbars is plural.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
userbars is plural.

ofc it is Captain Obvious ._.

my point is that IS the correct way to use it here, u dont know how many userbars will u get. Maybe 1 maybe more >.> hence the (s)

more_horiz
You will get* not will u get

more_horiz
the y shud be lower case since it is in mid sentence, both r fine either ways

n stop spamming petty grammar spelling lessons in awards threads now

chet

more_horiz
When you wanna win Grammar Nazi award so bad...

more_horiz
Bookingly wrote:
as i said 75% of the ppl wont admit the fact that this IS popularity contest and 50% is unaware that they r doing it
Anzo wrote:
an userbar

If the first letter sounds like a 'y' then you use 'a'; using 'an' will sound weird.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Bookingly wrote:
Anzo wrote:
an userbar

If the first letter sounds like a 'y' then you use 'a'; using 'an' will sound weird.

Words which start with A, E, I, O, U go with 'an'. No matter if it sounds weird.

more_horiz
Member of the Year:Pepchoninga
Reason:Pepchoninga, is kind of cool, kind of reliable, kind of not really. However, he is a good guy, and very respectable, IMO.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply