Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

pollDo you play OCG, TCG or both?

TCG
45%
OCG
0%
OCG+TCG
55%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

description[Poll] Need some information Empty[Poll] Need some information

more_horiz
This poll will help us to see what tournaments would be better for our community.

description[Poll] Need some information EmptyRe: [Poll] Need some information

more_horiz
Ocg plus tcg is the obvious choice.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Ocg plus tcg is the obvious choice.

Unstable

more_horiz
No lol. OCG+TCG is the best one. It gives the people the most chance to be creative and all that. 

Also I still don't see why you are all making polls about that. Just make different ones so you can keep the interest up. From a technical stand-point everybody will just choose the ones that they have the best decks for.

more_horiz
TCG only please.....

Gay cards are everywhere (Lawnmowing, Brethen, dem XYZ monsters,...)

But yeah if people decide to go with OCG/TCG then I'm okay with it. But TCG FOR NOW.

more_horiz
If we only play TCG we basically become slaves to the competitive game. It's not wise to do so since it will take away the fun at some point.

more_horiz
I thought we already agreed a long time ago that we'd go with TCG+OCG tournaments?

more_horiz
Dunno, I made this poll because I realised there are some only OCG tournaments that could be played. 

Pep how would TCG only make it less fun. That just sounds so stupid lmao

more_horiz
DA has people from literally all regions, restricting the tournaments would mean we're only inviting some of our users to participate in our events.

more_horiz
That's just one of the ways you can take it. If someone is used to OCG only and we offer some of the TCG stuff, you could also consider that to be an opportunity to try something new. Works vice-versa too.

more_horiz
I said with time. TCG gets cards that are already out in the OCG (Exept TCG exclusives off course). That means that everything hot and new is in the OCG. Everything that can get people to experiment and try new things is first in the OCG. That's why making tournament only TCG will reduce the fun with time. While the TCG does get new cards consistently it's not nearly as fast as OCG. 

Also what Anzo said is another factor. I belive that there should a mish mash. Try everything, so there will be an inspiration for people to try something new. And at the end of the day if they don't like it, they can always return to there preferable format (TCG/OCG, TCG only, etc.). That's why I belive a good schedule (if the one you're going to use isn't checking the things I previously mentioned) should be made. Only an opinion.

more_horiz
I currently prefer TCG, but its only due to me getting back into the game IRL. I do however play TCG+OCG to learn what will hit our shores as well as finding something new I may like.

more_horiz
I would recommend anyone looking into the ocg meta right now becosue trust SHIT IS GOING DOWN, Zodiacs are going to hit the meta like a fucking truck, waaaaaaaaaaay harder than ABC, right now OCG META is 20 different decks, but the only difference is that they are all zodiacs variants, the entire archtype deserves to be completely banned [Poll] Need some information 3974120512 

https://ygorganization.com/ocg-28112016-ocg-japan-decklists/ <<<<< #fun

more_horiz
Zodiacs are no nearly as popular on here. We don't really have big meta hunters to my knowledge, so we should be fine.

more_horiz
Zodiac variants are pretty broken. Won't be surprised if we see a mid-format ban update.

more_horiz
well, thing is u can change the rules as you see b4 u host anyways

just use this poll to balance out what tournaments to be picked to host

more_horiz
Where are all reasonable staffers?!

TCG has larger player base when it comes to Duel Academy. It's the most balanced format and where most skill is shown. Basically what you guys want is TCG format with OCG exclusives?! What the fuck? Why do you even looking trough OCG Meta when it doesn't matter jack shit. This isn't the World's format... 
You cannot use something that's meant for one thing for another. It's making this place look less serious and more like joke. It would be best to host pure TCG or OCG. TCG+OCG is for kids and you cannot base the whole tournament system on joke format but what am I even talking about when I'm not playing anymore and you guys can't realise the basic things.

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Where are all reasonable staffers?!

TCG has larger player base when it comes to Duel Academy. It's the most balanced format and where most skill is shown. Basically what you guys want is TCG format with OCG exclusives?! What the fuck? Why do you even looking trough OCG Meta when it doesn't matter jack shit. This isn't the World's format... 
You cannot use something that's meant for one thing for another. It's making this place look less serious and more like joke. It would be best to host pure TCG or OCG. TCG+OCG is for kids and you cannot base the whole tournament system on joke format but what am I even talking about when I'm not playing anymore and you guys can't realise the basic things.

I agree with every word that has been said here.

more_horiz
What you say doesn't make sence. Firstly this place is not made to be a YCS or a regional. It is meant to be fun and get people to enjoy the decks they want and not be restricted to cards/decks that they can use in the world championships that they probably will never go to. This doesn't make the forum a joke. Most of us play YGO as a hobby and not as a very serious job. 

We are here to have fun. And making people only be able to play one thing or another is dumb. That's why OCG+TCG is the best format. Books said it. You can always ban zodiacs or anything that you think will ruin the experience of the other players.

more_horiz
Mmmm, this topic went out of control. All I need is votes so I can see what tournaments would suit people.

I'll lock this now, those who want to want may vote.

~Locked

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply