Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

EURO 2016

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+3
Eustass Kid
CrimsonOverlord
Lux
7 posters

descriptionEURO 2016 - Page 4 EmptyEURO 2016

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

So far I did realize that there are not too many folks on DA who are discussing sports but anyway I still have faith in y'all EURO 2016 - Page 4 3974120512 

Anyone hyped up for EURO 2016? I can't wait. 

descriptionEURO 2016 - Page 4 EmptyRe: EURO 2016

more_horiz
Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

more_horiz
Not even ref could help

more_horiz
Perišić what a player

And even better we played with 4-5 players who are not in the starting squad lul

more_horiz
What did I tell ya? Hungary and Iceland to progress from Group F ... That's what happened. I'm well aware Portugal also progressed, but still ...

Rd of 16 predictions:

Poland 1-0 Switzerland
Wales 2-0 N.Ireland
Croatia 2-1 Portugal
France 3-1 Ireland
Germany 3-0 Slovakia
Hungary 1-2 Belgium
Italy 0-1 Spain
England 3-0 Iceland (Tho I WANT Iceland to win this)

more_horiz
Portugal a shit, Hungary played extremely well,they didn't deserve muh bs cr7 goals. Also biased Italy fan here,no freaking way will spain beat italy lol

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Portugal a shit, Hungary played extremely well,they didn't deserve muh bs cr7 goals. Also biased Italy fan here,no freaking way will spain beat italy lol

Doesen't really matter if you're Italy fan, I am as well. It's a clear fact. Spain isn't playing so good in last few years, Italy will beat them with no problems

more_horiz
This is the worst Portugal team I've seen in a while. Croatia should really have no issues dealing with them. Also, CR7 is an arrogant prick (what was that about Iceland having a 'small mentality' and doing nothing again, Christiano? Pretty sure they finished above you in the group Razz)

Italy/Spain could easily go either way, but whoever wins I have going out in the 1/4 finals anyway (Germany will most likely await them). Tbh; Either Croatia or Belgium should make the finals without many issues (each other being the toughest challenge), whereas Italy's side of the draw has them running through Spain/Germany/England or France.

Hungary and Iceland have been brilliant to watch though, especially Iceland. For a country with 330,000 people, they've done very damn well in their 1st ever major international tournament; won over a lot of people. No matter what happens.

more_horiz
Cristiano* Sorry, I hate correcting others.

Yeah, we do have a nice chance. But Croatia wouldn't be first nor last to fall under the pressure. Yes, euphoria is nice, but we should not underrate Portugal or overrate us too much. They are still very dangerous team. And I wouldn't say they have worst team recently, in fact, I think this is their best team in CR7 era. But their perfomances are bad. 

I hope we don't fail in this pressure and do what we are capable of, get into at least 1/4.

more_horiz
The 'H' is for how much I hate him. Literally cannot stand the guy and his arrogance. Especially when he has a habit of 'going missing' in big games at times. As for Portugal, they've been woeful outside of a fw moments this tournament, whereas Croatia are coming off ending a 12 year undefeated streak at the Euros (spanning the past 3 tournaments) of Spain (who, btw, didn't change anything from their previous 2 group games). Anything can happen though: I just think i's highly unlikely Croatia lose this.

more_horiz
Imo, it all depends on Modric. He's like the brain of the team. All the good actions from the middle are just some of his amazing work, both for Madrid and National team. Croatia had some trouble with Czech in group stages because he was out. I also though this may be the problem against Spain but other players prooved he's not really a must must, they're able to do crazy shit even without him and I was like daaaamn. If he's going to play, chances are doubled lmao...

Anyway, I stated who are my favorites. Neighbours ofc and Italy. I'm sure they'll both pass even if it has to be penalty kick offs

more_horiz
I think Perišić is our best performer though. But yeah, game by game!

more_horiz
I really dont want portugal to take it. I wouldnt handle ronaldos huge selfish grin

more_horiz
Lul my brother is CR7 fanboy EURO 2016 - Page 4 3974120512

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
I really dont want portugal to take it. I wouldnt handle ronaldos huge selfish grin

He's just like that only when it comes to football, Ronaldo is one amazing human being

more_horiz
I have a great respect for him as a both player and a human but I think that his sportmanship is on a really low level. 

more_horiz
Not that way.
NOT that way
Not THAT way.

Croatia just needed to finish their chances ... heartbreaking to see them go out like that. Were the better team for the majority of the game too.

more_horiz
This was the only way they could lose... They just weren't lucky, same thing happens to every Ex-Yu country that goes on major tournaments

more_horiz
The defender had poor positioning. Maybe it was the intensity during those minutes, but if he had found himself a better position, he'd intercept that pass and save the goal

more_horiz
That's football sometimes. Gotta make the most of the opportunities you get. Still heartbreaking to see tho, but it is what it is.

more_horiz
No one can describe the situation right now. The only reason to be proud Croatian these days is gone. We are very proud of our boys. Situation is very dead, the silence after the game described everything 
EURO 2016 - Page 4 3152200200

If someone is guilty for this loss (except lack of luck) it is our coach Čačić who hasn't made a sub this tournament before 87th minute and he has been waiting FAR too long to sub out very bad Mandžukić and didn't sub very good Pjaca. I also blame criminaly bad Strinić...who should better leave the team...so sad.

more_horiz
Germany and Belgium did some nice shit today... Better preformance on both sides than the ones in group stages

more_horiz
That's what big teams do!

more_horiz
We still have to face this Belgium after the summer in qualifications again. It will be awesome if we get a tie like once we did

more_horiz
A tie at home would be good indeed.

more_horiz
COME ON ICELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1 Iceland Lead England.

:D

more_horiz
No one mention spain getting absolutely cooked so allow me

RIP IN FREAKING RIP SPAIN

more_horiz
That's because nobody cares :p

Italy's "reward" is a date with Germany anyway haha.

more_horiz
I love when things like this happen. Iceland knocked out England omgg

more_horiz
That is an absolute joke. The two countries I support both go out, in the quarter final

more_horiz
England, oooooooh boy what happened today was hilarious

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply