Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Replace dorms with factions

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+7
Anzo
Booked
Linda-Senpai
username290
CrimsonOverlord
Lux
AbyssalYGO
11 posters

descriptionReplace dorms with factions - Page 2 EmptyReplace dorms with factions

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Soo the recent survey got me thinking:
What is the current purpose of DP and Dorms really?
There are a few purposes for DP and dorms change your color, but besides that there is really no purpose for those to exist.

Soo... that got me thinking:
Why not replace Dorms with factions?
Have like 2, 3 or 4 factions with each their own leader.
One option would be like Arc-v: Synchro, Fusion, XYZ and Standard(Pendulum?), but those would restrict creativity.
Maybe 2 sides could work the best?

Anyways, to start this off, you could have one huge tournament with everyone involved (including staff, even they would participate in factions war) and people would be forced to save replays/recordings of the matches. In the case of 2 factions, the top 2 duelists would be the leaders, and then a draft would start where they take turns choosing people for their teams. They can also pick the leader if they don't want to be the leader themselves.

Ofcourse we would still be 1 community, it would add some more competitiveness and some more goals, as you could always challenge the leader of your faction for the title or something like that. I'm not too sure on the details ofcourse, but this sounds like something that would be fun, what do you guys think?

descriptionReplace dorms with factions - Page 2 EmptyRe: Replace dorms with factions

more_horiz
Welp ok

descriptionReplace dorms with factions - Page 2 EmptyRe: Replace dorms with factions

more_horiz
AbyssalYGO wrote:
Alright, lets just stick to the same old dorm system and watch the site's activity bleed to death, I don't care either way tbh

If we go down, and this is merely a conditional phrase, then it's not going to be due to dorms; most likely a different reason.

more_horiz
^ not that conditional when a tournament like ProDecklist opened the 3th and now the 13th has just 5 people signed in.
SO yeah.

more_horiz
Jv wrote:
^ not that conditional when a tournament like ProDecklist opened the 3th and now the 13th has just 5 people signed in.
SO yeah.

Well yeah.

more_horiz
Still conditional. Takes more than a couple of bad incidents to give up now does it. I mean if anyone here thinks we're going down then O' please you're free to go somewhere else, don't let us hold you back or anything.

We made a point two years ago when the game started a declining phase that we're mainly going to remain open for those who have history here or simply aren't feeling like being part of big chaotic communities; chilling is our motto.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Still conditional. Takes more than a couple of bad incidents to give up now does it. I mean if anyone here thinks we're going down then O' please you're free to go somewhere else, don't let us hold you back or anything.

We made a point two years ago when the game started a declining phase that we're mainly going to remain open for those who have history here or simply aren't feeling like being part of big chaotic communities; chilling is our motto.

Well said Anzo, 10/10 IGN lol +1 thumbs up

more_horiz
Been awhile since something made me want to post
DA's staff has been around the block more than naught with a phat one rolled hypothesizing how to make it that place that slaps the taste out your grandma mouth, and pretty much has accomplished that feat whether you admit or not, especially when compared to every other online academy out there. Even in the recent Dark Ages, it found light and came to be what you see it as now. Having been in the back seat of that caddy tokin on that phat one at one point in the history of DA, there isn't much any of us can suggest, and what is in place currently works.

For instance, I for one feel professors/teachers should be mandatory for an academy, as well as Rulings and Duel Exams for dorm placement. I have done both for DA, and despite my view on them, they are completely pointless here. Members either know it all or fail to rise to a competitive level of understanding because Dark Magician is their most beloved card (although that new support is dope as fukk), meaning they just simply won't abandon the mindset they carry. With minimal amount of testing, one could pilot Kozmos and land in Obelisk, but has the inability to tell me why he/she thinks chaining Royal Decree to Solemn Warning is a completely legitimate play.

I like the fact that you wish to see change in a community you've grown fond of, and that alone speaks for itself whereas many of us will just continue to stroll as we are now, but just make sure you go about it in a different manner. If you present a change, make us understand why the current is failing. Don't be quick to condemn something while standing on earth bound to collapse. Hard evidence speaks a thousand words. You good sir could be DA staff in the making, where change begins here. Now how bout going out and talking smack to all the other dorms or even within your own dorm for that matter and making it into an event? Cause what you are presenting honestly sounds just like that lol

Now time to get back to my festivities which inspired this message Cool

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply