Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[Archetype Discussion] Monarchs

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+14
Trickster
BlackWarGreymon
Galaksii
ScottyAdams
psychoturtle
Drunkion
DDS
Etwizzy
Jv
DeathStalker
Booked
BlackJack
Lux
SilentKatana
18 posters

description[Archetype Discussion] Monarchs Empty[Archetype Discussion] Monarchs

more_horiz
Monarchs

"Monarch" is a series of lv 5 or higher monsters, also know as "Emperor" in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Manga, each possessing an attribute reflective of the element they control, each possessing 2400/2800 attack and 1000 defense. They are supported by a series of monsters called "Vassals", smaller versions of the monarchs, each with 800 attack and 1000 defense, dedicated to summoning their larger counterparts. They are used by The Light Brigade members in the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime and by Silvio Sawatari in the Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V anime and manga.

~

Archetype Cards :

Non-archetype cards :

~

Playing Style
Monarchs as a deck, focus exclusively on tribute summoning, at the expense of their extra deck in most cases, gaining advantage by picking apart the opponent's field with each individual monarch. Alongside this, the monarchs tend to forma nigh-impenentrable wall through such powerful cards as "March of the Monarchs" Whilst also locking the opponent out of the game with such cards as "Dominion of the Legendary Monarch" and "The Monarchs Erupt". Monarchs can also make strong game-ending pushes by tribute summoning multiple tiimes in a turn, or tribut summoning on the opponent's turn, making them a deadly threat indeed. 

~

Weaknesses
Certain floodgates, such as Mask of Restrict, can shut down Monarchs completely, whilst cards that shut down their tribute engine effectively cripples the deck, as it renders them almost incapable of summoning their monarchs. Decks with a high amount of Spell and Trap disruption, such as artifacts, can also pose a real problem for monarchs, given the amount they rely on their various floodgate cards.

~

Structure Deck Commercial

Last edited by SilentKatana on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

description[Archetype Discussion] Monarchs EmptyRe: [Archetype Discussion] Monarchs

more_horiz
Very nice Katana-san!

description[Archetype Discussion] Monarchs EmptyRe: [Archetype Discussion] Monarchs

more_horiz
Maybe put in some of the key cards that they use so people can make decks off this?

more_horiz
Can't say I blame you but, lol, spoiler fked up again, edited >.>

@SilentKatana Fill their names in the 123456 spoilers

more_horiz
I've waited long enough...

more_horiz
Added The Great Mara Monarch.

more_horiz
Call me a skrub but I'm failing to see why Kuraz is getting so much play? The only reason I can see is to pop scales but that nets your opponent a 2 draw aswell as filling there extra deck.

more_horiz
Kuraz get's it's effect on the special summon. So you can summon it with Aither on the opponents turn with ease. Generally, the disruption it can provide on the opponents turn offsets the draws the opponent gets. You can also use it on dead continuous spells to get the draw yourself

more_horiz
SilentKatana wrote:
Kuraz get's it's effect on the special summon. So you can summon it with Aither on the opponents turn with ease. Generally, the disruption it can provide on the opponents turn offsets the draws the opponent gets. You can also use it on dead continuous spells to get the draw yourself

This ^^

(Beat me to it..lolz)

But yes, you see the main reason is because he's the only monarch that gets his effect when he's special summoned Kuraz and Aither are the perfect partners in crime in that sense.
(at least at this point.. You never know more stuff may come given the new monarchs are featured in the Arc V manga I believe)

Also the fact it has a dual purpose, he can be used to break up your opponents plays by popping the play makers to disrupt your opponent. Or go Kuraz blade style and popping your own cards to draw cards and advance your game state. It's very versatile in that regard. The question I'd ask is why people aren't running him?

more_horiz
Ok I've been playing this deck a little while now and whilst I agree that Kuraz eff is usefull I always gets fucked over by there 2 draws (if I pop there cards that is). I was thinking about playing another monarch in his place.

more_horiz
Everybody plays Kuraz in OCG since it's a Quick Effect used by Aither. Most of time you Kill your opp monsters not the Pendulum Scales, you kill them if you know you can handle the Pendulum Summon, if they get Re-Used.

But the 75% of times you kill your own Original Monarch OR your own Spell\Traps AND Kuraz Itself to draw.

more_horiz
So after more hours of playing this is the deck I've come up with so far http://prntscr.com/9yw6cc
Any suggestions?

more_horiz
Majesty's Fiend
^ him

more_horiz
Yeah but Domian + Vanity is a good lock and you still get to use your Monarch effects, Domain + Majesty is good also but you loose your effects to and they can still special summon.

more_horiz
lose* not loose

more_horiz
I think vanity>Majesty Specially since Pepe will be gone now and mirror can die in peace

more_horiz
I don't like running more than 1 Kuraz (hint: kurac means d*ck in Croatian, close enough).

more_horiz
I'm liking 2, Popping dead cards etc to draw through my deck. What you run in place of the second Kurac ? [Archetype Discussion] Monarchs 3974120512

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
I'm liking 2, Popping dead cards etc to draw through my deck. What you run in place of the second Kurac ? [Archetype Discussion] Monarchs 3974120512

1 Majesty is good. My build is heavy anti pepe tho, in 4 days I will adapt it to the adjusted list.

more_horiz
1 Kuraz is fine. I also recommend considering Thestalios, card is an absolute beast in the mirror. You should be preparing for the mirror more than anything, as this will be the best deck ... ironically, everyone's hyping Kozmo, which as long as you don't brick; you shouldn't have any real problems dealing with counter-siding is key post g1

more_horiz
Kuraz is also only used in the beater Monarch deck. You pretty much remove all monarchs except Erebus in the lock monarch deck in favor for majesties fiend and vanities fiend at 3.

I also believe that kuraz is good at 2 but in the mainliner of the monarch beater deck is Aither into Zaborg, but in this beater deck you have at least anywhere from 3-15 cards in your extra so you can use Zaborg to continually remove cards from your opponents extra. Although is a bit of an OCG deck for Elder Entity En'tis (because when she's sent to the graveyard she destroys 1 card your opponent controls) You can add things like PsyFrame Omega too because he also works really well in the graveyard.

more_horiz
Yeah I have a OCG deck which has the likes of N'tess and Omega in [Archetype Discussion] Monarchs 3974120512 but I prefer playing TCG. I've made a few last alterations to my deck now and will upload a screen later.

more_horiz
psychoturtle wrote:
I don't like running more than 1 Kuraz (hint: kurac means d*ck in Croatian, close enough).

That's true!

more_horiz
2 kuraz for the life!

more_horiz
Jv wrote:
2 kuraz for the life!

I remember you said some user posted something of the sort b4......?

more_horiz
Are these guys really competitive? From what I've heard, they're dissed almost everywhere and people still complain that they know to brick hard... Perhaps it's just me, I still didn't see someone using them

more_horiz
yeah they are, you just gotta know how to build them, if you try to put weird techs yeah you will be break, the turbo build spamming kuraz and ether is what makes the deck strong

more_horiz
You wrote Mobius instead of Granmarg in OP. Garum [img] messed up and the monarchs stomfort too.

Also some images can't load

more_horiz
Yeah, so... talking as a HERO player
I decided to play few matches in this newest format on my study breaks and these guys were pain in the ass if I don't get some backrow in the first hand. Also, I haven't updated my deck in years so there was no side for these bitches.
 Still, nothing I play got hit so I didn't touch main at all exept switching Crush Card Virus with Emptyness from side to main. I'm usually able to pull Dark Law almost every turn + if I get Fiendish Chain or Mind Crush, they're pretty much screwed, after siding I just put in 3 Masks of Restric and few Spell Shatering Arrows and deck it DEAD. Once again I'm actually impressed how new decks arrive and I still have decent Match-ups and shit like, I never loseeee [Archetype Discussion] Monarchs 3974120512

more_horiz
well you were lucky to no see a Twin twister and friends.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply