Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDeck discussions EmptyDeck discussions

more_horiz
So that's a thing i'v asked to be done before and i still can't understand why there's no such a section here.I gues everyone knows what it is, since there's such almost in every forum based on the game, but i'll try to explain it in short.

A section with topics about the top decks at the moment.Particularly for the first post you need a basic explanation what the deck do, card reviews and a few decklist samples of decent builds(decklists that have topped for an example).

The meaning of the topic is people to discuss the deck, what may fit into it, what are his strengths and weaknesses, different techs, how it goes against other decks or how the variants of the deck change due the going of the format.

This is like huge help for people that did not play for a long time and have to get used with all new decks all over again.I mean i pretty much learn all about the current format from such a topics in other forums.
Also it's a great way for people to share ideas  and thoughts about what can be good, what they have tried and found out it's working, to keep track if the deck is doing well or it stays behind the others etc.

descriptionDeck discussions EmptyRe: Deck discussions

more_horiz
So It's Articles and Meta Reports Section merged together?

I remember you making such a suggestion and I remember I said I was going to do something about it but I don't remember when I forgot about it, yea messy mind here. But anyways, I don't see why we can't have such a section, but It's still kind of confusing, we have a discussions section where someone can bring up a discussion about a meta deck and others contribute to it, why would we need another section where people can do exactly the same?

Unless what you're trying to say is that everyone will be able to make "mini-articles" but not categories as essays about the meta decks where people can discuss how to use it and such?

more_horiz
Current Discussion section is unorganized, since everyone can post anything. Deck Discussion is like its subsection where you can browse loads of deck types and see their progress and some other info's you need. We have developed a bit lately, in discussion area we have some card talks, especially the new cards and what we think about em etc. Same like Artifacts are now a sensation I believe and people want to know their impact and how they will develop, what can come into deck, tech cards, some variants to play it, u know, they want to see if they are worth trying or at least what they can expect from that deck if facing it sometime in the future, especially will the deck create an impact on your side deck and are you going to update your side against it or you rather think the deck wont make it to the top. Those kinds of things. No one has to make an article about it, just start the deck discussion, as nigma said, put few facts, builds about it and that is it. As time goes, the topic starter watches over things and updates the 1st post with gathered valuable info from posts so that the reader can easily see stuff and build on discussion further. That way topic will be alive and people will respond to it.

If you use the discussion are for it now, it would be same like if I used the Pimp my Deck section for Pro Decklists since technically, those are also builds that people can comment on, suggest things etc, but I used different section to point it out, to be outstanding and more important. People who read pro decks have more confidence and know the deck is proven already by many. Same with this new thing, deck discussion. If the whole community supports and builds on the discussion there, stupid things filter out and at the end you have a great deck topic. After a while people will recognize these topics as valuable and support em more.

more_horiz
I did check the tcg-ocg discussion section, tho it's all messed up.I gues someone can make a topic about a meta deck there, but the point is we need well formed topics about them, that should be easily accessible and not just a few decks, but all meta, so it should be done by staff or someone who work with you.

Like you go to the section.There you got like 15 topics, Geargia - discussion,Mermails,Madolche etc.You click on it, you see what geargia deck looks like, how it works, what people are using this format in it, did the deck recently topped a tourney or not.Then people just keep track how the deck goes due the format.Like what should be sided against that and that, what about main that, thats too slow, this topped, this ain't working well etc.In the end of the format all that is locked and you make new topics with updated information(If the deck have not died or change dramatically, you may just copy/paste pretty much all).

I know it's like a lot of job, but this thing really helps and actually topics are pretty active most of the times.

more_horiz
Okay, so just to understand this correctly. It's TCG and OCG Discussion section but where only Staff members can post stuff? Like in a way to make sure It has only the topics people are interested in not like the current section everyone can post, right?

more_horiz
Why is everybody posting long posts

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply