Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Discussions of Monkey Island

+9
NEMESIS
coolkiller362
Scyler23
jovanturner123
Anzo
Eheroduelist
Zant
Jaden_Yuki--
Amy Kool
13 posters

descriptionDiscussions of Monkey Island EmptyDiscussions of Monkey Island

more_horiz
Discussions of Monkey Island

All discussions about Yu-Gi-Oh! Duels of Monkey Island will be posted here. You are free to ask questions and other stuff in here. However, will you get the answer or not depends on nature of your questions and other requests.

descriptionDiscussions of Monkey Island EmptyRe: Discussions of Monkey Island

more_horiz
Just wondering why if a slifer wins they get 1000 dp and get upgraded. while if a ra wins they get all of that and a secret gift.

more_horiz
They get only rank upgraded if they have most wins from all those 4 winners while slifers just have to be one of those 4 winners to get their rank upgraded.

About Secret Gift, it's only available for upper ranks than Slifer on purpose. Reasons for this cannot be revealed now.

more_horiz
What is Duels of Monkey Islands????

more_horiz
An Event which has a plot. Basically like some sort of anime where you people from DA are characters. For participating you just sign up by following sign up rules of course. Dueling is what we do here so its not different with this event too.

Now we are at Episode 1. It is an intro story of the event. In this episode DA members will duel in a tournament like game called Deathmatch (most of you are familiar what that is from some games...). When the sign ups are done the deathmatch will start and basically you duel everyone who is in your way in order to get more wins to be one of 4 most successful duelists there. Of course you will try not to lose because if you do, even if its just once, you are eliminated from this episode. You can find more details here at Episode 1: http://www.duelacademy.net/t10143-duels-of-monkey-island-the-deathmatch

more_horiz
I have a question, are we supposed to fall into this "plot", or do we just duel and you post up the story as this progresses? Or is the story just a backstory, we duel and just get DP or what?

more_horiz
I will try to explain, the plot or the story call it what ever you want is just to add some excitment to the event it self because the truth is all what you have to do is to duel your certain opponent(s) during the event and do your best to help your team .. this is in general what is going to happen (maybe).

more_horiz
hm? well this is an interesting conversation mind if join?

more_horiz
http://www.duelacademy.net/t10142-sign-ups-episode-1

more_horiz
Edward: My dorm is currently obby, do I get an upgrade if I win O: ?

All staff members can join too since they are also dorm members. For Obby, no you don't get an upgrade but there will be a chance to upgrade from Obi to Abandoned at some episode. For more detailed look on prices: http://www.duelacademy.net/t10143-duels-of-monkey-island-the-deathmatch

more_horiz
I have a question on the location of this event. Will it be on hamachi or DN? Unfortunately that will determine whether or not I can join. I do want to join and it sounds like a lot of fun. I just need to know where it is.

more_horiz
Its all about dueling. DN is system we use for duels and messaging. Hamachi is only as an extra chat option if you want to contact people. Some find it hard to type in DN so hamachi is easier for longer talks. Either way, you just really need DN and thats it.

more_horiz
OK. Thanks.

more_horiz
If your out of one episode, does that mean you cant participate in the whole event anymore?

more_horiz
No. As soon as another episode hits the spot you can sign-up for it unless it's stated specifically that you can't (which mostly will not be the case).

more_horiz
A question:

If you win a match, but then lose the next one you play in, are you still in?

more_horiz
Nope. Even if you win like 10 matches and lose after that just one you are still out. It might be stupid but its not. If you think someone will sit and wait until you get many wins and then win you after you have done all the dirty work for him, that can be avoided too very easily - just don't duel him and your win count will stay bigger than his/hers. Strategy is here involved too, not only wins. There is always a way but if you lose then you can just wait to sign up for another episode.

more_horiz
thanks. I was worried there for a minute Smile

more_horiz
so it like a fight to the death with our dorms

ps do we have to work as a team

more_horiz
when do you think episode 1 2nd time will be closed?

more_horiz
When do you morons think you'll stop necroposting.

more_horiz
Harbinger wrote:

Actually I think you can bump this thread with a question.

more_horiz
true, the necroposts on this topic actually were useful lol.

good job necroposters, but seriously stop.

more_horiz
Harbinger wrote:

That was unnecessary, it is a discussion thread so you can post in it until the topic itself is over, I used to see you as a valued member now you just come off as ignorant. Everytime someone necroposts you are always there replying trying to up your own post count. How about you pm an admin to lock the thread.

more_horiz
no more necro/spam discussion in this thread. It is open as long as Monkey Island goes on. topic closed.

you dont work as a team. Its a deathmatch and everyone duels alone for his own score vs everyone. only teammate you have is your own mind that helps you creating a good strategy to top because going at everyone would always finish up in you, losing at least one match which means you lost everything. So think how to win, but in the same time not to lose.

as for Episode 1 2nd time, the sign ups will be closed very soon and the duels will start.

If your question is when will Episode 2 start, its not sure still, most probably when the Episode 1 2nd time ends successfully. If the response is like the first time, I'll stop Monkey Island temporarily again.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum