Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionWhat's with dark colors ? EmptyWhat's with dark colors ?

more_horiz
I decided to make a little research on designs Duel Academies use.
In most cases they use Blue/Gray/Dark colored theme , you have to agree that's kinda depressive ? Only academy that stands out of this is WDA,their White/Gray skin sure looks sexy and can't be depressive.Who in the hells name makes site for young people with dark colors ? Colors that youth likes are White/Gray/Blue , weir isn't it ? So what I want here is the name of he/she who started this black trend.Message for him/her : "When you do something turn it 180 degrees when you finish and it's going to be perfect".

descriptionWhat's with dark colors ? EmptyRe: What's with dark colors ?

more_horiz
black is the new black

more_horiz
Remember the audience academies go for, mostly between 12 to 21 in it's majority. During those years, all teens feel rebellious and want things to look "dark" and "cool", so it's all about black and neon.

It also is a hell of a lot better on your eyes after long periods of time in front of it.

more_horiz
Idk heat I really like them pink and yellows, and I'm 17. Rebellious? I think nawt.

But then again I do what I want, like a bad ass.....With my mom's permission.

more_horiz
Don't try to copy WDA. WDA OP.

more_horiz
Dark theme is not depressing at all, dark doesn't hurt the eyes, from the other hand too much white color might actually damage it, that's why some educated people say the Facebook's theme is bad since people tend to browse Facebook for hours, which is hurting their eyes since white color tend to have a bigger impact on one's eyes. Mainly, that's not why we tend to have "Dark" themes, but dark themes have allot better options compared to light themes. For instance, we can use soft version of colors such as Blue, Red, and Yellow, meanwhile if our skin was white, we'll have to use a bit darker color in respond which after allot of experimentation is hella boring. One way to put this, dark is not the same as black, our theme doesn't feel "black". For instance, take the current skin as an example, the background is light grey and the seconder color is Blue and green in some other areas. Now, if our skin was white, we'll have to design allot simpler icons and such, since white doesn't work well with complicated/sophisticated icons, it also tends now to show a good quality overall. Yes, white skin for a change should be cool, but i guarantee to you after only two weeks, you'll be missing the darker version of it.

more_horiz
Also black goes with every color because it's neutral.

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:
Idk heat I really like them pink and yellows, and I'm 17. Rebellious? I think nawt.

But then again I do what I want, like a bad ass.....With my mom's permission.

He enjoys yellow cuz of me :3

But yeah the colours are just mostly black because most people prefer them at this age. I don't mind black is cool but brighter colours are better too look at and less depressing.

more_horiz
Well I think white is more better because it can make a site more pro than black, though white looks a little bit "basic". Just my thought.

more_horiz
Easier to read font on black ._.

more_horiz
i like black

more_horiz
But you dont like white....RACIST

That was a joke^ please dont take it to heart anyone ._.

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:

Look who's talking about racism...

more_horiz
Sayonis wrote:
Mr.Kandy wrote:

Look who's talking about racism...

An asian?

more_horiz
Sayonis wrote:
First topic message reminder :

I decided to make a little research on designs Duel Academies use.
In most cases they use Blue/Gray/Dark colored theme , you have to agree that's kinda depressive ? Only academy that stands out of this is WDA,their White/Gray skin sure looks sexy and can't be depressive.Who in the hells name makes site for young people with dark colors ? Colors that youth likes are White/Gray/Blue , weir isn't it ? So what I want here is the name of he/she who started this black trend.Message for him/her : "When you do something turn it 180 degrees when you finish and it's going to be perfect".

We use black simply because it's easier on the eyes. Darker websites are proven to reduce eye-strain. Plus, if you do your research, it's not just duel academies, millions of recreational sites are black. This is the purpose of your high-contrast windows theme, it's meant for programmers who are staring at a screen all day.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply