Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

POLL ON A NEW RANK UP SYSTEM FOR DA [ALL MEMBERS VOTE PLEASE ASAP]

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+21
PowerNova
Heatnix
Anzo
Hoshi(no)Tama777
TDS
Kaito
Order of Chaos
BlackLeg-Sanji
BlackWarGreymon
LòKóS
Jin Kazama
Typical Jew™
Zane Truesdale
Centrik
! High Dutchman Gianus
Alikaey
faervel
DefinitelyNotXrai
Gremlin
Linda-Senpai
Amy Kool
25 posters

pollWhich rank up system you want to have in DA?

Old (exams and points gathering)
24%
New (all things we said below)
76%
Total Votes:

descriptionPOLL ON A NEW RANK UP SYSTEM FOR DA [ALL MEMBERS VOTE PLEASE ASAP] EmptyPOLL ON A NEW RANK UP SYSTEM FOR DA [ALL MEMBERS VOTE PLEASE ASAP]

more_horiz
Duel Academy: Generations

Duel Academy: Generations is the codename of the new installment of DA, something like Kitkat name for Android OS lol.

DA is 5 years old now. Things change rapidly nowadays and so does YGO. We think that current dorm system leads us nowhere anymore. We admit, we complicated things too much there lol. However we have a new plan. We want you to read our new system and tell us if you support it or not, aka vote on it. If you dislike some parts of it, mention it, for example those names for schools or the tournament ideas etc, just don't quit on system immediately but tell us what exactly you don't like in it. However, we worked a lot on this and we believe that such system should bring us more fun, more competitions and be better for DA. We want to give our old members the fun back, as well as please our new members who know almost nothing about old times and academies as we know it lol.

The Story.
Duel Academy was the most successful dueling school for a long time. It expanded a lot since its foundation and the island grew from an uninhabited place to the center of the dueling education. Duelists around the world dream to be part of that academy and become best of the best. Out of sudden, an event occurred that has shaken the world and opened the doors of a new era for Duel Academy. Namely, Seto Kaiba, the leader of Kaiba Corporation and founder of the world's most prestigious dueling school, decided to screw the rules again and open Duel Academy for shares. Eventually, the company shares were split between several organizations: Society of Light (lead by Sartorious [GX]), Heartland Inc. (lead by Dr. Faker [ZEXAL]), Yiliaster (lead by Rex Goodwin [5Ds]) and finally Industrial Illusions (lead by Maximillion Pegasus [DM]). Kaiba himself remained the boss with 51% of the shares in his possession, still enough to have the final word again. Kaiba made a deal with his new partners to let them open their own schools under Duel Academy, but following the main educational principles of the academy of course. Eventually, Duel Academy was reformed and ready for the new adventures. No one knows why Kaiba did what he did, but he is Seto Kaiba after all, he can do that sort of thing for whatever reason.

The Academy System.
After the reform and going out on the shares market, Duel Academy system looks like this:
- 4 Schools under the Academy: Millennium School (DM), Elemental School (GX), Turbo Dueling School (5Ds) and Numbers School (Zexal) (names can always be discussed)
- Dueling Skills are composed of 4 levels like now, to keep the tradition: Slifer Red, Ra Yellow, Obelisk Blue and Abandoned Dark levels.
- There will be "story" competitions to support this school theme. Those competitions will be main events for ranking up in dueling skill level. 4 Tournaments. Each one organized by different school. Each school will have its own "touch" to the tournament rules. Namely, each tournament will feature one rule for specific card of the era which the school belongs to and members of that school will have benefit of using that rule in the tournament. So, for each tournament, school that is organizing it can use that rule and have "advantage" as host. For example, in 1st Millennium School Tournament, all members of that school can use Cyber Jar to Limited status on banlist. 2nd Millennium School Tournament can have different rule later. Zexal School Tournament can for example have Chaos Master unlimited from banlist for the tournament. This will create a nice touch to the competition and advertise the schools and the eras that they belong to. Here the clash of the generations comes to the surface and all the players that prefer their own eras will have entertainment to abuse their strong card options in those tournaments to show the rest that their era is the best POLL ON A NEW RANK UP SYSTEM FOR DA [ALL MEMBERS VOTE PLEASE ASAP] Icon_biggrin
- Last tournament is held in Academy headquarters featuring rules for each school together. This means in this last tournament each school will have their own "rule" to abuse.
- Rank ups will be given from Slifer to Abandoned in all of these tourneys.
- The ones that win the final tournament in Academy Headquarters TWICE, they get the Black Rank and are treated as graduates of academy. Black Rank is the last one, the best of the best in academy. (the rank name itself can be discussed ofc).
- Other than these "story" events, regular tournaments and pro decklists will have also rank ups. No exams for rank ups will be offered anymore. We will try to make these "story" events fast and entertaining. They won't take long as normal tournaments because their rules will be more like "deathmatch" games where in 1st round they play "win x matches" to get to 2nd round, something like battle city. the 1st 4 to get so many wins until the deadline will be in semi-finals which go in standard way. By that we will have always on going activity. But, this can be discussed ofc.

Conversion Process
- Conversion from old to new system is simple: Current dorm ranks are new skill ranks and those groups are hidden, so that it only shows as rank in profile. The new groups are formed which indicate the schools and members will have colors based on their schools.
- For the current members, school groups will be open for application until all active members get into a school. We will try to limit the applications in such way to distribute almost equal number of members in each school. Our aim is not to have equal number of members, but we just want to escape the part "no one wants to GX school" thing or so.
- Inactive members will be left without school. If they get active, they can always apply.
- New members will be placed in schools they like, if applications are open. (sometimes we might close one school for new applications due to overloaded number of members to balance them out)

As you can see, now we still got the old style ranks for dueling skills, we got new thing, sort of "teams" like schools where you choose what you prefer more, and we got new setup for rank up tournaments to support the story, be fast and not tolerating inactivity of some members so that others can rank up faster and easier. Also ranking up to the best rank (former Abandoned and new Black Rank) is now much easier. right now way to abandoned is YCS (which is no more lol) and unwritten rule to retire as admin LOL, lame as hell. With new system you have opportunity to win 2 times the Final "story" tournament which will be hosted A LOT so yeah. If you are good duelist you can do this, it is possible and worth the effort. Also don't worry if you get bored in one school and want to go to other, that is why we got Items Shop where we will make new School Transfer Item and if you are rich biatch you can do that sort of thing LOL. We believe that with this DA will be much joyful place for you and for us. We as staff also need to see happy members to give us motivation to work more :D

Last edited by Amy Kool on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionPOLL ON A NEW RANK UP SYSTEM FOR DA [ALL MEMBERS VOTE PLEASE ASAP] EmptyRe: POLL ON A NEW RANK UP SYSTEM FOR DA [ALL MEMBERS VOTE PLEASE ASAP]

more_horiz
voted old

descriptionPOLL ON A NEW RANK UP SYSTEM FOR DA [ALL MEMBERS VOTE PLEASE ASAP] EmptyRe: POLL ON A NEW RANK UP SYSTEM FOR DA [ALL MEMBERS VOTE PLEASE ASAP]

more_horiz
didnt want to read all that so I went with the majority

more_horiz
oh thanks N for the confession, now i know who to ban for it Razz

more_horiz
Voted new. Sounds... Interesting.

more_horiz
Amy Kool wrote:
oh thanks N for the confession, now i know who to ban for it Razz

you're most welcome

more_horiz
seeing as it goes for now, the members need a change LIKE REALLY lol.

more_horiz
voted new cuz why not?

more_horiz
Hm, I'm totally for a new system. But it seems like making it to Abandoned/Black Rank/Last Dorm takes much less effort now. Make them win 3/4 tournaments or something. I just think that if a person is going to be in a "pro-er" dorm than me, they should at least have achieved something more considerable than simply winning 2 tournaments.

Making it so easy also takes the glamour out of the dorm a bit and makes it seem less appealing. Just my personal thoughts. I haven't voted yet, by the way.

more_horiz
Voted new

Amy Kool wrote:
seeing as it goes for now, the members need a change LIKE REALLY lol.

I don't want to be a bitch or anything, but I hate it when people do this at the beginning of a poll.
~10 people do not represent anything close to a few hundred (idk) that are active on this website. It's very possible that the correct minority saw this poll before the majority of people who would make this poll go the other way around..

I just needed to get that out.. HATE DAT

Ow, and
SHOTGUN 5DS MOTHERFUCKERS

more_horiz
New because not mainstream. Also why every time I almost get inactive and you guys change new things ._.

more_horiz
Voted old.

more_horiz
do i keep my rank q_q

more_horiz
I am somewhat of the opinion DA should have more than two options.

more_horiz
Everyone keeps their ranks as they are now. Gianus you know how I do things lol.

Also Alikaey, I know it seems like too easy but just take a look and tell me who got two tournaments in DA that is now active? :D Maybe we shall add a thing or two to it to make it harder if it is too easy to accomplish but it shouldn't be not even near the YCS winning rule like it is now for ABD. It should be something that can be done and we are thinking like this: no one wants to stay in DA for 2 years. I mean there are people who do but generally it is few months and that is it, then you get bored of DA. If you can't get to Black rank till then, it is highly that you won't later on for sure. So, winning two bigger tournaments is not that easy as said, maybe few people can do it but i know that 80% of DA will struggle very much in it. But, winning two bigger tourneys makes one very good and valuable as duelist, isn't it? Ofc we can make another thread for ideas for this black rank no worries.

more_horiz
So that means from ABD I will turn into Black thingy? POLL ON A NEW RANK UP SYSTEM FOR DA [ALL MEMBERS VOTE PLEASE ASAP] 3974120512

more_horiz
No everyone stays the same rank. But, if you meet the requirements later on for Black Rank, yeah from Abd you go there, its the 5th rank and last one :D

Why we do like this? well, even Abd people are bored, however still active, so you have another motivation with this black rank as well ^^

more_horiz
Oh I thought ABD was getting changed to Black thingy :D OK then got it now.

more_horiz
Nop, Black rank is the new one, better than abd Razz

more_horiz
Actually Amy, we seriously need a better name -.-

more_horiz
i have to call it somehow for now lol. we shall change it no worries ^^

more_horiz
Black rank sux hellofaway and makin a rank color black in DA wouldn't have much success cuz the names would be well complicated to read lol.

Anyways the new System is somewhat cool but too simple maybe. Older one seems to be better tho.

more_horiz
If you keep it.

BlackWargreymon
black rank

-.-
I'm not that black POLL ON A NEW RANK UP SYSTEM FOR DA [ALL MEMBERS VOTE PLEASE ASAP] 3974120512

more_horiz
agreed , but there is one thing im not getting

-so X-person is a slifer

-he will be part of X-group

-he wins a turney gets to Obelisk blue.

-So where do Dp or how will Dp affect the promotion or degration??

(sorry if stupid question)

more_horiz
I voted old Smile

more_horiz
I'm with the other obe's, I voted old. But I will accept the change ofc, I may be ranked Obelisk, but I am SoL from the inside, and the outside. SoL still rulers DA in secret :U.

more_horiz
BlackLeg-Sanji wrote:
Black rank sux hellofaway and makin a rank color black in DA wouldn't have much success cuz the names would be well complicated to read lol.

Anyways the new System is somewhat cool but too simple maybe. Older one seems to be better tho.

Slifer, Ra, Obi, Abandoned and the last one (black for now) are just ranks that will appear in profiles. the real ranks like now, with member colors will be schools. School ranks are the ones that wear color in new system. Skill ranks are below them.

It might be better for the ppl who are nostalgic for old times, but look at it now, who is even ranking up with the current system? You have to look at it like that, we replace system to refresh things, to make it different and perhaps ignite the interest again in competition with it. Who knows we will see what happens at the end, but its worth the try since right now we just go down with this one.

BlackWarGreymon wrote:
If you keep it.

BlackWargreymon
black rank

-.-
I'm not that black POLL ON A NEW RANK UP SYSTEM FOR DA [ALL MEMBERS VOTE PLEASE ASAP] 3974120512

u sure about that? Razz

ddeevviiss wrote:
agreed , but there is one thing im not getting

-so X-person is a slifer

-he will be part of X-group

-he wins a turney gets to Obelisk blue.

-So where do Dp or how will Dp affect the promotion or degration??

(sorry if stupid question)

X person is slifer but is apart of school that he prefers and wears the color of the school. Skill rank slifer is his dueling level within that school and appears just as additional rank in profile below the school rank. He wins tourney and we promote the winner to obelisk regardless if he was ra or slifer before. DP are cash rewards that get to be there as additional prices ofc. But DP does not affect the rankups, DP is for buying stuff in DA other than rank ups. We used DP just to buy the rank up exam, but in new system we will get rid of exams as a whole so there will be no need for buying that thing anymore. However if one wants to change school he prefers, ofc doing that will be possible if you have enough DP :D

more_horiz
Voted for the old. In all honesty, this new system seems more like a gimmick riddled with complications. I'm not sure what others would say, but I can say that it just doesn't feel worthwhile.

more_horiz
I like the new system, but i had to give my vote for the current system. All i see about the new system is renaming dormitories and scheduling tournaments and such. I can see where the system is going, but under DA's current status, you'll only risk getting members lazy to apply, ending up with only few members actually in those schools, or dormitories, not sure what to call them. However, if there is actually members willing to be tested all over, and waiting for their applications to be approved, and going through all that pain, then the new system could actually work better than the current system.

Note: I haven't read a single post in this topic but the main one, in case this was already brought up, then just ignore me.

more_horiz
Okai Ammmie you won my New system vote Surprised

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply