Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSuper Polymerization vs. Macro Cosmos EmptySuper Polymerization vs. Macro Cosmos

more_horiz
I wanted to be sure first because I watched a video about combos with Heroes in ChroahCresta's Channel last year. I wanted to know if you can still activate Super Poly even though Macro is still on the field. I heard that sending monsters to the grave is not a cost for super poly and when I look at it, the wording of the card seems like it was trying to say that. Some say that is has the same wording as Poly and Poly can still be played when Macro is on the field. Please tell me your answers so I can feel comfortable when I go to Philly Regional next weekend.

descriptionSuper Polymerization vs. Macro Cosmos EmptyRe: Super Polymerization vs. Macro Cosmos

more_horiz
super poly can work , sending to grav not a cost Smile

descriptionSuper Polymerization vs. Macro Cosmos EmptyRe: Super Polymerization vs. Macro Cosmos

more_horiz
^Correction

The "Discarding 1 card from your hand" part is a COST, but Super Polymerization does not care where the card goes, so even if Macro Cosmos is active on the field you can activate Super Polymerization.

more_horiz
I will not elaborate the answers to this in full detail, if you want me to do so, PM me about it.
Anyway, what Train H. said was correct, you can activate Super Polymerization if Macro Cosmos is on the field.

more_horiz
Train Hardnett wrote:
^Correction

The "Discarding 1 card from your hand" part is a COST, but Super Polymerization does not care where the card goes, so even if Macro Cosmos is active on the field you can activate Super Polymerization.

besides the idiot in my class, this sh*t made my day LOLOL
Did you mean "super polymerization doesn't require the monsters to be sent to somewhere specified in the card text" ? anyhow as he said you can still use super poly if macro is already active, and even if chained ;d

more_horiz
plastico why are you such an idiot. It clearly states that the Super poly doesn't care where the card that is discarded as a cost to activate super poly goes.

more_horiz
Hate to bump a dead topic, but I have a new question concerning this ruling-
I just dueled someone who said that I couldn't use Super Polymerization against Macro Cosmos, and that it is different from the Polymerization ruling as stated above.

A similar card in function (Chimeratech Fortress Dragon) apparently has a ruling that apparently trumps the above logic (big shocker I know, Konami screwing with logic)

Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
"Cyber Dragon" + 1 or more Machine-Type monsters
Cannot be used as a Fusion Material Monster. Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards from either side of the field to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) The original ATK of this card becomes 1000 x the number of Fusion Material Monsters used for its Special Summon.

Ruling:
When the effect of "Macro Cosmos" etc is applied, cards are not sent to the Graveyard, and directly removed from play. "Chimeratech Fortress Dragon" cannot be Special Summoned if "Macro Cosmos" is active, since you cannot send cards to the Graveyard.[11]

So either everyone's ruling statement above is wrong, ruling is wrong, or Chimeratech is different in function in some way from Super Polymerization.

Text for Super Polymerization for reference:
Discard 1 card. Send, from either side of the field to the Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card, and Special Summon that monster from your Fusion Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters' effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation.

more_horiz
You can use Super Poly while Macro is out. Ignore the scrubs.

Macro Cosmos only stops things that send cards to the graveyard as a cost. If the card sends cards to the graveyard as a part of its effect, then Macro will prevent it. Since Super Polymerization states "Discard 1 card" as a part of the cost, and doesn't specify that the card MUST be discarded to the Graveyard, then you are able to use it while Macro Cosmos is out on the field.

The discarded card will then be banished, and so will the Fusion Material.

Should totally +rep and thank me for this reply c: (please?).

more_horiz
Thanks, I thought that the wording seemed different for a reason, I just didn't understand how.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply