Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionsolemn warning and monster effects that speacial summon Emptysolemn warning and monster effects that speacial summon

more_horiz
heres a real life example. i desyroy my friends light pulsar dragon and then he uses pulsars effect to speacial summon red eyes darkness metal dragon. now i activate solemn warning and negates pulsars effect, right? but my real question is does it destroy pulsar or metal dragon

descriptionsolemn warning and monster effects that speacial summon EmptyRe: solemn warning and monster effects that speacial summon

more_horiz
Pulsar is already in the Grave, so it can't be destroyed, and due to Solemn Warning negating Pulsars effect to Special Summon, REDMD will never be brought to the field.

However in this case it sonds like he Summoned REDMD before you activated Solemn Warning, in which case activating Warning then is an illegal move.

If they are Special Summoning a monster via a card effect you must activate Warning after you opponent declares their target but before the summon it.

Hope this helps.

descriptionsolemn warning and monster effects that speacial summon EmptyRe: solemn warning and monster effects that speacial summon

more_horiz
ok what about if he just used red eyes effect to.summon its self

more_horiz
Red-Eyes Metal Darkness Dragon does not have an effect that can special summon itself, unless you are referring to a traditional formatted game, where one is able to summon REDMD (Red-Eyes Metal Darkness Dragon) using another REDMD's effect. In that case, the REDMD that used its effect would be destroyed if Solemn Warning used.

more_horiz
then you activate warning on REDMD's eff, REDMD's eff gets negated, then gets destroyed, and whoever he targets with REDMD's eff can't be brought to the field.

EDIT: OH! Himself! Well if you read the eff of REDMD, i'm pretty sure it said that he can special summon any dragon except another REDMD.

more_horiz
That's called a Inherent Summon, which Warning can also negate.

Basically it goes like this.

Normal Summon - Warning can negate.

Inherent Summon - When a monster Special Summons it self by its own condition, warning can negate.

Summon by effect - Warning must negate the effect summoning the card but it can't negate the physical Summon.

@ XraishionX - He's talking bout REDMD's summoning condition to Special Summon it self by banishing one face-up Dragon type you contorl.

@ PabelFTW - Thats not what he was asking, he meant its summoning condintion e_e

more_horiz
i mean you can speacial summon red eyes by removing a monster from play could i negate that effect

more_horiz
alxndr wrote:
i mean you can speacial summon red eyes by removing a monster from play could i negate that effect

That's not a effect, that a Summoning condition for an inherent Summon and yet Warning can negate it.

more_horiz
thanks every one

more_horiz
Alright, any other questions about this?

more_horiz
Take the silence as a no.

Answered, locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply