Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionAre Tokens Afflicted by Solemn Warning? EmptyAre Tokens Afflicted by Solemn Warning?

more_horiz
Okay, so here's my question. Say I have a jam breeding machine out on the field. I have enough tokens for what I want, but I want to get rid of JBM. So the next time a token can be summoned, can I activate my own Solemn Warning to cancel the summon, and destroy JBM? Thanks!

descriptionAre Tokens Afflicted by Solemn Warning? EmptyRe: Are Tokens Afflicted by Solemn Warning?

more_horiz
solemn warning negates any card that special summons be it yours or your opponents.

descriptionAre Tokens Afflicted by Solemn Warning? EmptyRe: Are Tokens Afflicted by Solemn Warning?

more_horiz
SetoKaibaIII wrote:
Okay, so here's my question. Say I have a jam breeding machine out on the field. I have enough tokens for what I want, but I want to get rid of JBM. So the next time a token can be summoned, can I activate my own Solemn Warning to cancel the summon, and destroy JBM? Thanks!

waste of 2000 lp imo, but yes it does work

more_horiz
Solemn Warning will NOT work here.

Solemn Warning can only negate the inital activation of a card. Jam breeding machine does nothing at activation, therefore you cannot activate Warning as a response to it.

Its similar reasoning that prevents Warning from being used in response to things like Infernity Launcher and Valhalla.

more_horiz
So I have conflicting answers. Not a waste of 2000 lp in one of my decks. My slifer deck needs to get JBM off the field, and I only have solemn warning instead of a MST...so I just wondered if this would work.

more_horiz
SetoKaibaIII wrote:
So I have conflicting answers

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=893074

more_horiz
It depends on the card, If it was scape goat then yes it would but like reborn said it wouldn't work on jam breeding machine since it doesn't negate the original summon

more_horiz
Jaden_yuki-- wrote:
It depends on the card, If it was scape goat then yes it would but like reborn said it wouldn't work on jam breeding machine since it doesn't negate the original summon

Actually, Reborn didn’t say “Solemn Warning” can negate the “Original Summon.” Such thing doesn’t exist. lol He just said that it can only negate the activation of the card itself. Since “Jam Breeding Machine’s” summoning effect happens at another time than its time of activation, “Solemn Warning” can’t negate it.

P.S.: “Solemn Warning” doesn’t act the same way with Monsters, just saying.

more_horiz
So its answered and therefore locked

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply