Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDA Chat: PM Feature -> DA External Chat EmptyDA Chat: PM Feature -> DA External Chat

more_horiz
Hey people. For some time, you wanted to PM someone in DA Chat, but you couldn't. So, you needed to go for a third party solution like opening DN to chat or using Skype, Hamachi, whatever.

Since forumotion does not allow us to have server access, we cannot implement that feature into DA Chat. Instead we also have to go for a third party solution, but of course we can tweak it so that its really fast and easy to use.

We found that Mibbit chat is one of the best for this need. They offered free chat hosting and we can embed it on our site too! That means, you will not have to "go" there to chat, the chat will be located here at DA, although technically it's not at DA lol. Why do we do this? Because that chat service offers PM system too. You can basically privately chat with someone just like in facebook chat, messengers n stuff like that.

To sum it up, we will use external free chat which has PM implemented already and use it when we need to PM someone fast without going to skype or DN.

To make it even faster, I have put the link for the chat in Options bar of DA Chat under "PM: Start". Basically you just click it and follow the instructions given at the start.

Enjoy PM, enjoy DA Smile

descriptionDA Chat: PM Feature -> DA External Chat EmptyRe: DA Chat: PM Feature -> DA External Chat

more_horiz
Cool, I use mibbit everyday so this will be nice.

Also, why not just create a DA mibbit chatroom too? Then we could have the forum chatbox, and the mibbit one. You could create bots like uno-bots and mafia-bots too =/

descriptionDA Chat: PM Feature -> DA External Chat EmptyRe: DA Chat: PM Feature -> DA External Chat

more_horiz
LoveTaker wrote:
Cool, I use mibbit everyday so this will be nice.

Also, why not just create a DA mibbit chatroom too? Then we could have the forum chatbox, and the mibbit one. You could create bots like uno-bots and mafia-bots too =/
Ahh, I remember those bots on PO <3

more_horiz
I once saw a Hangman-solving Bot play a Hangman-Bot somewhere.

Was funny lol

I don't know, maybe such chat is to come soon, but, be content with what we have atm, LT.

more_horiz
Does it have a nice design? If not you can just implement a new chatbox that FMquery created. It's FMchat v5 and it gives us a lot of features.

more_horiz
Awesome DA Chat: PM Feature -> DA External Chat 3479277773

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply