Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Society of Light!

+7
Placido Le Pwnzor
PowerNova
Slonaka
BlackPhoenix2661
Jue Viole Grace
RAI
Anzo
11 posters

descriptionSociety of Light! EmptySociety of Light!

more_horiz

Hello there, and welcome to the Society of Light. Unlike everything else you are familiar with, this event is quite different than anything you have ever seen or heard about. We all know and realize that for a very long time, Duel Academy has had 4 dorms: Slifer Red Dorm, Ra Yellow Dorm, Obelisk Blue Dorm, and Abandoned Dark Dorm; these four dormitories represent Duel Academy.
However, in the presence of the pure, impure always walk close aside them.

During the time it has existed, the highest dormitory of Duel Academy, Abandoned Dark Dorm, was proven to be the best dormitory in DA, surpassed by none, only followed by Obeliks Blue, Ra Yellow and Slifer Red. Well, I have bad news for you, these dorms, for the very first time, will have to work together in order to defeat the uprising dorm of Duel Academy, The White Dorm, Society of Light!

Purity means impurity. Abyss now holds light. No one can tell who is good and who is evil. The Society of Light is seeking to dominate Duel Academy and gather the best players from all of the four dorms, in order to be acknowledged as the best dorm in Duel Academy. The question here is: Would you allow it?

In times of a fight between good and evil, good people and bad people are lost in the chaos of shadows, but this time, they're lost in the light. You might have to be evil in order to defeat the bigger villains. Or you can try and stay away from the light, if you feel that you're not good enough to fight against it, if you feel that you do not stand a chance against it.

Society of Light will be declaring a war against the four dormitories. And the winner shall get all! Are you ready? Because they're ready, and waiting for you to fall for the light. Who wound win, and who would lose, the eternal question that only you can put an answer to it. Will you pass or will you fail? That's decided with your skills.

Society of Light! Pumw2JK
If you feel bored, you hate being good, you want to collect souls: Go get those souls, and don't let anybody to stop you! For a whole week, who ever loses in a Shadow Duel will subsequently lose his soul - in exchange for the light at the same time - and become one of the White Dormitory Students.
Said in a more comprehensible way, once you lose in a Shadow Duel, you will become a Student of the White Dorm! (To avoid confusion we will announce which week will be "recruiting" week)

After the process of the one week of sign-up, we will declare the names of those who lost their souls in Shadow Duels, or should I call it Light Duels with all the irony within me, and became one of the Society of Light students! Yes, those people will be those who strive to destroy the other four dormitories!

All of that being said, I'll now explain to you how it's going to work in this event. I've already introduced to you how to join to this event, you simply lose in a fair shadow duel, even if it sounds ironic how "fair" and "shadow duel" are both in one sentence. Now, it is time to introduce the other things you need to be aware of in this event.

After we gather the army of souls from those who lost in Shadow Duels, they will form a team with one purpose: Defeating the other four dorms of Duel Academy. But, there is an additional rule for this, a rule you must obey. To make this easier for you to understand, I'll call the Society of Light members from this points on "Enlightened Students". During the event, when you win against an Enlightened Student, you free his soul which consequently causes that member to return to his normal attitude and his original dorm again - becoming one of the good guys. Well, good and evil are hard to distinguish in this event either way. But, when you lose to an Enlightened Student, it's the same as losing in a Shadow Duel, you will lose your soul and become of those people you used to fight against at some point of your life, an Enlightened Student yourself! To simplify it:
  • Enlightened Student > You = You become an Enlightened Student yourself
  • Enlightened Student < You = You set his soul free.
Of course, these are the only two ways for you out there in the wilds, there is no third option to rely on. Now to our next case, the Society of Light leaders. Yes, you understood that correctly, it's in plural form, not singular, and it's due to a quite obvious reason. There is more than one leader of this dorm, hidden well among those Enlightened Students and will only appear during the end of the event claiming your sanity and soul!

Our next point is what would you gain from participating in all of this. Simple answer would be saving your academy and gaining glory and becoming a legend - the other answer is gaining Duel Points, a lot of Duel Points, as well as a possible Dorm Upgrade to the Obelisk Blue Dorm. And for those who perform a particularly astounding and spectacular show during the event, swinging their swords and defeating Enlightened Student like a real monster and causing them to lose the war, might get a dorm upgrade to the Abandoned Dark itself! That's the just IF you were able to astonish us with your performance during the event, which is very hard thing to do.

The amount of Duel Points you will get depends on how many wins you get, regardless if you are an Enlightened Student or an Ordinary Student, you get Duel Points for each victory you get. It's different though, as I said before, if you are an Ordinary Student who happens to lose a duel against an Enlightened Student, you will be gaining some Duel Points of course, but you will lose your soul and become an Enlightened Student yourself, we've talked about this before. However, if you were an Enlightened Student and you lost a duel against an Ordinary Student, you will not only become free from the light, but you will also become unable to participate in this event anymore. That's a curse indeed. To simplify it:
  • Enlightened Student LOSES a duel against an Ordinary Member = Free your soul and become unable to participate in the event anymore.
  • Enlightened Student WINS a duel against an Ordinary Member = The Ordinary member becomes an Enlightened Student himself.
That is supposed to be very easy combination of rules to understand if you have been paying attention.

Now, how many Duel Points we are talking about:
- For each victory: 50 Duel Points
- For each lose: 5 Duel Points
- For participating in each Duel: 1 Duel Point. (At the end of the Event)
Now, what is all of this Victory, Loss and Participating about...
Victory is when you win a duel, doesn't matter if you are an Enlightened Student or an Ordinary Member.
Loss is for when you lose a duel, doesn't matter if you're an Enlightened Student or an Ordinary Member.
Participating is ONLY for the winner side at the end of the event, if Enlightened Students won the war, each Enlightened Student will gain 1 DP for each victory he/she gained during the event. And if Ordinary Members won the war (the other four dorms), each Ordinary Member will get 1 DP for each victory he/she had during the event.

descriptionSociety of Light! EmptyRe: Society of Light!

more_horiz
Good event for me who was absent for 2 years Smile

Don't u forget some thing buddy ?

if Enlightened Student won the war and the event is over, Will all student return to their ordinary dorms or not ?

Another point, with who Shadow Duel would played ? and Is it follow Shadow Arena rules from here ?

if all students return to their ordinary dorms,
then sign me up and let's the war begin Smile

if not, then forget about me because i'm not very good at all .

more_horiz
All students will return to their original dorms, except those who were exceptionally good, those get dorm upgrades. Even an upgrade to Abandoned Dark is possible.

During the sign-up period it doesn't matter against who you play, just be sure that it is during the period (20.1. - 28.1). And, yes, normal Shadow Arena Rules apply.

more_horiz
im paticipating..im gonna go all out..and finally get out of the rat hole known as slifer..who knows maybe to the abandoned dorm

more_horiz
Too lazy to read such a wall of text.. how can I sign up for this Society of Light?

more_horiz
In order to sign up correctly, go to the other thread in this sub-section and post your loss in a Shadow Duel in the period from the 20th of January to the 28th of January.

more_horiz
I'll clean this topic, for any question, you can PM me instead.

EDIT: Or to think about it, just post here.

more_horiz
Just to clarify, every single member of DA who does not participate in a Shadow Duel/does not lose in a Shadow Duel between Jan. 20th - Jan. 28th will be considered to be a participant in this event on the ordinary member side?

more_horiz
Unless he/she does not want to duel for either side (be it now for whatsoever reason), yes, every member (should) stand up and fight for his dorm.

more_horiz
sign me up

more_horiz
The OP is obvious Placido, read the Sign-up part.

more_horiz
very nice
Society of Light! 1968215193

more_horiz
As I can tell the sign ups for the Society are long over and I am on the Ordinary side, how/when may I fight for my dorm? I'll protect the Slifers for life!

more_horiz
Jun-Lian Chang wrote:
As I can tell the sign ups for the Society are long over and I am on the Ordinary side, how/when may I fight for my dorm? I'll protect the Slifers for life!

Read the rules and informations of this event for sure ._.

more_horiz
Sorry... >,<

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Now, how many Duel Points we are talking about:
- For each victory: 50 Duel Points
- For each lose: 5 Duel Points
- For participating in each Duel: 1 Duel Point. (At the end of the Event)
Now, what is all of this Victory, Loss and Participating about...
Victory is when you win a duel, doesn't matter if you are an Enlightened Student or an Ordinary Member.
Loss is for when you lose a duel, doesn't matter if you're an Enlightened Student or an Ordinary Member.
Participating is ONLY for the winner side at the end of the event, if Enlightened Students won the war, each Enlightened Student will gain 1 DP for each victory he/she gained during the event. And if Ordinary Members won the war (the other four dorms), each Ordinary Member will get 1 DP for each victory he/she had during the event.

Anzo-sama, does this apply to each duel throughout the Event?
Wave 2, Wave 3,...?

On a sidenote, doesn't 1 DP seem like a way too small amount to even care for? ._.

more_horiz
Participating Duel Points is a secondary resource of Duel Points after the Victory and Loss Duel Points. Even though a 1 Duel Point sound like a very small amount of Duel Points to care about, still, It's not something meant to make you richer; however, It's something to make it sound better to at least get paid for only participating in the event, means you focus on Victory Duel Points since it's the real thing; Loss Duel Points comes second in place, and the last is participating duel points, It's more of a humble way to say "thanks for the effort".

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum