Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSociety of Light! EmptySociety of Light!

more_horiz
Society of Light! UzSTr

Hello there, and welcome to the Society of Light. Unlike everything else you are familiar with, this event is quite different than anything you have ever seen or heard about. We all know and realize that for a very long time, Duel Academy has had 4 dorms: Slifer Red Dorm, Ra Yellow Dorm, Obelisk Blue Dorm, and Abandoned Dark Dorm; these four dormitories represent Duel Academy.
However, in the presence of the pure, impure always walk close aside them.

During the time it has existed, the highest dormitory of Duel Academy, Abandoned Dark Dorm, was proven to be the best dormitory in DA, surpassed by none, only followed by Obeliks Blue, Ra Yellow and Slifer Red. Well, I have bad news for you, these dorms, for the very first time, will have to work together in order to defeat the uprising dorm of Duel Academy, The White Dorm, Society of Light!

Purity means impurity. Abyss now holds light. No one can tell who is good and who is evil. The Society of Light is seeking to dominate Duel Academy and gather the best players from all of the four dorms, in order to be acknowledged as the best dorm in Duel Academy. The question here is: Would you allow it?

In times of a fight between good and evil, good people and bad people are lost in the chaos of shadows, but this time, they're lost in the light. You might have to be evil in order to defeat the bigger villains. Or you can try and stay away from the light, if you feel that you're not good enough to fight against it, if you feel that you do not stand a chance against it.

Society of Light will be declaring a war against the four dormitories. And the winner shall get all! Are you ready? Because they're ready, and waiting for you to fall for the light. Who wound win, and who would lose, the eternal question that only you can put an answer to it. Will you pass or will you fail? That's decided with your skills.

Society of Light! Pumw2JK
If you feel bored, you hate being good, you want to collect souls: Go get those souls, and don't let anybody to stop you! For a whole week, who ever loses in a Shadow Duel will subsequently lose his soul - in exchange for the light at the same time - and become one of the White Dormitory Students.
Said in a more comprehensible way, once you lose in a Shadow Duel, you will become a Student of the White Dorm! (To avoid confusion we will announce which week will be "recruiting" week)

After the process of the one week of sign-up, we will declare the names of those who lost their souls in Shadow Duels, or should I call it Light Duels with all the irony within me, and became one of the Society of Light students! Yes, those people will be those who strive to destroy the other four dormitories!

All of that being said, I'll now explain to you how it's going to work in this event. I've already introduced to you how to join to this event, you simply lose in a fair shadow duel, even if it sounds ironic how "fair" and "shadow duel" are both in one sentence. Now, it is time to introduce the other things you need to be aware of in this event.

After we gather the army of souls from those who lost in Shadow Duels, they will form a team with one purpose: Defeating the other four dorms of Duel Academy. But, there is an additional rule for this, a rule you must obey. To make this easier for you to understand, I'll call the Society of Light members from this points on "Enlightened Students". During the event, when you win against an Enlightened Student, you free his soul which consequently causes that member to return to his normal attitude and his original dorm again - becoming one of the good guys. Well, good and evil are hard to distinguish in this event either way. But, when you lose to an Enlightened Student, it's the same as losing in a Shadow Duel, you will lose your soul and become of those people you used to fight against at some point of your life, an Enlightened Student yourself! To simplify it:
  • Enlightened Student > You = You become an Enlightened Student yourself
  • Enlightened Student < You = You set his soul free.
Of course, these are the only two ways for you out there in the wilds, there is no third option to rely on. Now to our next case, the Society of Light leaders. Yes, you understood that correctly, it's in plural form, not singular, and it's due to a quite obvious reason. There is more than one leader of this dorm, hidden well among those Enlightened Students and will only appear during the end of the event claiming your sanity and soul!

Our next point is what would you gain from participating in all of this. Simple answer would be saving your academy and gaining glory and becoming a legend - the other answer is gaining Duel Points, a lot of Duel Points, as well as a possible Dorm Upgrade to the Obelisk Blue Dorm. And for those who perform a particularly astounding and spectacular show during the event, swinging their swords and defeating Enlightened Student like a real monster and causing them to lose the war, might get a dorm upgrade to the Abandoned Dark itself! That's the just IF you were able to astonish us with your performance during the event, which is very hard thing to do.

The amount of Duel Points you will get depends on how many wins you get, regardless if you are an Enlightened Student or an Ordinary Student, you get Duel Points for each victory you get. It's different though, as I said before, if you are an Ordinary Student who happens to lose a duel against an Enlightened Student, you will be gaining some Duel Points of course, but you will lose your soul and become an Enlightened Student yourself, we've talked about this before. However, if you were an Enlightened Student and you lost a duel against an Ordinary Student, you will not only become free from the light, but you will also become unable to participate in this event anymore. That's a curse indeed. To simplify it:
  • Enlightened Student LOSES a duel against an Ordinary Member = Free your soul and become unable to participate in the event anymore.
  • Enlightened Student WINS a duel against an Ordinary Member = The Ordinary member becomes an Enlightened Student himself.
That is supposed to be very easy combination of rules to understand if you have been paying attention.

Now, how many Duel Points we are talking about:
- For each victory: 50 Duel Points
- For each lose: 5 Duel Points
- For participating in each Duel: 1 Duel Point. (At the end of the Event)
Now, what is all of this Victory, Loss and Participating about...
Victory is when you win a duel, doesn't matter if you are an Enlightened Student or an Ordinary Member.
Loss is for when you lose a duel, doesn't matter if you're an Enlightened Student or an Ordinary Member.
Participating is ONLY for the winner side at the end of the event, if Enlightened Students won the war, each Enlightened Student will gain 1 DP for each victory he/she gained during the event. And if Ordinary Members won the war (the other four dorms), each Ordinary Member will get 1 DP for each victory he/she had during the event.

Last edited by Anzo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

descriptionSociety of Light! EmptyRe: Society of Light!

more_horiz
Permission given to Moderators and Teachers to see this section. Before we kick-off, me and Irate worked on this post. Constructive opinions are welcomed. Non-constructive opinion my cause you a punishment, i'm serious.

more_horiz
titles for parts like we have for tournaments, something in that way i mean.

Like, "Introduction" "Rewards" "Gameplay" n stuff u know :D

more_horiz
I thought a decent paragraph instead is good for a change: "All of that being said, I'll now explain to you how it's going to work in this event. I've already introduced to you how to join to this event, you simply lose in a fair shadow duel, even if it sounds ironic how "fair" and "shadow duel" are both in one sentence. Now, it is time to introduce the other things you need to be aware of in this event.
"

more_horiz
so these guys getting their own color?

more_horiz
Hmm looks good for the most part, but a few parts seem a bit confusing to me~

more_horiz
Most likely, no. Since there will be members losing and winning the whole time, people join the dorm and people leaving it. It's a pain to update that the whole time.

more_horiz
V1:
Society of Light! YFXRtad

V2:
Society of Light! MUNRyPd

I spent over 2 minutes on these...

more_horiz
seems legit

more_horiz
I like the second one better.

more_horiz
Me too. Second one it is then.

more_horiz
Of course Amy can code few things to make it very easy. LOL

more_horiz
For example?

more_horiz
LoveTaker wrote:
They both look practically the same except for one tiny, hardly noticeable difference.

And that difference makes the 2nd better~

more_horiz
Yup, i deleted that post what i was trying to edit mine. lol

more_horiz
for the "how to sign up" and all the paragraphs title you could use PS to make the titles with some sexy font.

more_horiz
Like with a text made with PS?

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Like with a text made with PS?

yup.

more_horiz
First of all, why is it a dorm? It should be something else. Secondly, this should have something to do with the shadow realm tourny. Thirdly (if that is a word) will there be an oppurtunity for roleplay? I like my morality shiz. Lastly, you do realise that EVERYONE will be on the winning side so the participation DP's condition is redundant?

more_horiz
Abadoneds have #a200ff as their color, by the way.

Also, to improve activity, I suggest you archive this post before we kick off so we have a clean section.

more_horiz
JJ wrote:
Secondly, this should have something to do with the shadow realm tourny

Its better if they dont coincide im going to end it earlier 2mrow and think up some special rules for round 2 when i decide to host it again.

more_horiz
@JJh: I'll end the event once one of the two sides get a specific number of wins that i'll only announce depending on the event activity.

Also, how about this?

@Irate: ik e.e

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
@JJh: I'll end the event once one of the two sides get a specific number of wins that i'll only announce depending on the event activity.

Also, how about this?

@Irate: ik e.e

looks good.

more_horiz
Damn the forum banner looks sexy on DA Index.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum