Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionStardust Dragon Assault Mode Vs Continuous effects EmptyStardust Dragon Assault Mode Vs Continuous effects

more_horiz
Wondering if Stardust Dragon Assault Mode is able to negate continuous effects.

Example:

Stardust Dragon Assault Mode is on the field, and I summon Destiny HERO Plazma, which would negate the effect of Stardust Dragon Assault Mode. But can Stardust Dragon Assault Mode negate the effect and destroy him when he is summoned?

descriptionStardust Dragon Assault Mode Vs Continuous effects EmptyRe: Stardust Dragon Assault Mode Vs Continuous effects

more_horiz
No because Continuous Effects do not activate so Stardust cannot chain to the effect.

descriptionStardust Dragon Assault Mode Vs Continuous effects EmptyRe: Stardust Dragon Assault Mode Vs Continuous effects

more_horiz
No he cannot for reasons Spade said~

But to clarify it could negate the activation of a continuous spell or trap when that card is played onto the field just not after it hits the field~

more_horiz
Confirming the above statement, Continuous Effects never activates, it is considerate active as long as the card remains face-up on the field. But if the card is a continuous trap or spell card Stardust Dragon Assault Mode can negate the activation of the card.

more_horiz
so in short, you cant negate the activation of a card that is already active.

more_horiz
What about spells like black whirlwind? Can SDAM negate the spell effect when I summon a monster, preventing my search??

more_horiz
If its already on the field, then no~

But if the card itself was activated then yes~

Anymore questions?

more_horiz
If I remember right, back in the day Generic Fields like Sogen and Mystic Plasma zone didn't start a chain when the card was activated

Solely because it was a continuous effect

But that's gone now

more_horiz
I'm pretty sure that Sangan always started a chain, PK.

Anyways, to original question, Plasma negates SD/AM's effect, however, if you tribute SD/AM to activate its effect, Plasma will not negate it.

And, as mimgrim said, do you have any other questions?
If not, then I'll lock the topic.

more_horiz
Behemoth wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Sangan always started a chain, PK

He said Sogen not Sangan~

more_horiz
Was in a hurry; I usually don't check what PK says Stardust Dragon Assault Mode Vs Continuous effects 1151057309

No, really. Any objections against me locking this?

more_horiz
Wait a day to see if Bob has any more questions, if he doesn't post after a day then lock it~

Just to be safe~

more_horiz
Im good.

Thanks guys

more_horiz
Well this is Central Building and I have powers over Central Building, sorry Irate I am getting to it before you~ Stardust Dragon Assault Mode Vs Continuous effects 3974120512

Locked~

more_horiz
Not really

~ Lockception cuz i can Stardust Dragon Assault Mode Vs Continuous effects 610493824

more_horiz
Double Lockception~

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply