Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionI could use some suggestions EmptyI could use some suggestions

more_horiz
I could use some suggestions KQoa8

I think you got the idea of what i'm trying to attempt here; however, there was a minor problem during the process. See, each time i try to make the fence either darker or lighter, it affect the BG (The girl sitting on the chair).

I used selection and removed the black borders of the fence (turned it into a render) then placed it on Edged light to that it fits with the light effects i was intending to use. Now, that went well. But, now when i want to create the shadow over his body so that it appears as if he's sneaking from the darkness while the lights is reflecting the fence over his body. That didn't work well. It's not really a question, i mean i worked it out somehow. But, if it can be improved more i'd like to know how. And don't give a silly suggestion so that you feel proud for giving the great Anzo-sama an advice lol Shane is an exception ofc he can be proud lol

EDIT: Forgot to say, my screen diffuse colors are broken, so ignore that washed out areas.

Last edited by Anzo ò_ó on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionI could use some suggestions EmptyRe: I could use some suggestions

more_horiz
I don't get it is he behind or in front of the fence? Though siggeh overall is looking nice Smile

more_horiz
He's supposed to be hiding behind the fence, preparing to take a picture of that girl. The shadow over his body is a shadow, not the fence itself. It's like what happened if the light was coming from behind, hitting the fence, and reflecting shadow over his body.

more_horiz
Why can't Shane give advice.

Well, there are things that I can see but I can't really say right, I'll come back when I do though.

more_horiz
Try to make the shadows bigger and less intense. Before you start to add the shadows, use a black and white gradient map and set it to multiply (low opacity like 30% or something)

It looks like all the light is coming from the front of the signature. Try to add a bit more depth by adding the light on the layers behind the fence.

more_horiz
I did add a gradient map of black and white however i set it on soft light and reduced opacity. Shadows is uncontrollable with this screen, i mean, i have to predict how the shadow really looks like, Until i fix my screen, shadows is off the table.

The BG i used has another character behind the fence, so i had it hidden by using shadows and black brush. I could use a brush behind the fence, but won't over do it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum