Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSangan vs Super Poly EmptySangan vs Super Poly

more_horiz
I don't really, if not hardly ever, ask ruling questions since I look them up online when I come across something but I couldn't find anything for this one so... anyway, so I was dueling Archer and we came across to this situation:

My field:
Sangan
Tour Guide

His field:
Alius
Bubbleman x 2

Super Poly is activated and a card was discarded.
Sangan and Alius is sent to the grave and Escuridao is summoned.

Does Sangan get its search?

descriptionSangan vs Super Poly EmptyRe: Sangan vs Super Poly

more_horiz
Of course.

Sangan is mandatory.

more_horiz
Mandatory effects cannot miss the timing. They will always activate.

more_horiz
^ I was too late >.<

more_horiz
well i got a couple of places where it does not ._. ijs

more_horiz
Then go ahead and tell us, please.

more_horiz
Perdition wrote:
Then go ahead and tell us, please.

Sangan can fail to activate if during the response window it is supposed to activate no effect can be activated, for example if you tribute sangan for the normal summon of Obelisk the Tormentor, Sangan's chance to activate is during the summon response window of Obelisk, but no effects can be activated in response to Obelisk's summon, as per its text, therefore Sangan will not activate and cannot activate at a later time either, it will completely miss its chance and be wasted.

That however is not "missing the timing". Missing the timing is a term describing a specific gameplay mechanic regarding "when..., you can" trigger (and trigger-like) effects that trigger at a time a chain cannot be formed. In that example, and in any case something like that happens, it's just Sangan failing and dying, it has no special name.

And this wasn't about the super poly situation btw, sangan will activate as normal in that one since it is supposed to activate in response to the resolution of the current chain anyways, where there is no issue activating.

more_horiz
Yes, I was refering to situations where Sangan would miss the timing as that was the topic.

Of course there are cards such as, as mentioned above, Obelisk and the other Egyptian Gods which would cause Sangan not to activate.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply