Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Obelisk vs. Slifer War #3

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+28
XonN
Zodiac火
onlyaaron17
Zepherydax
Fefe2931995
Nymphomaniac
BlackXCaliber
Sasori
Archon
bakura normal
Chovy
Endless Sorcerer
Slonaka
L.Lawliet
Juelz Anthony Cruz
AdoAdo
PhantomX
Nuran
Naito Raizu
LegendaryFrost
LòKóS
Julius Marino
Typical Jew™
FluffyTots
The_Nameless
Anzo
Bloody Kiss
Zane Truesdale
32 posters

descriptionObelisk vs. Slifer War #3 - Page 4 EmptyObelisk vs. Slifer War #3

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Rules:
Dueling System:
DN
War Format: Heart Format
Spoiler :

Deck changing after a won match: No
Deck changing after a lost match: Yes
Deadline: 25 days

Obelisk Roster (4 Hearts):
-PhantomX (`PhantomX) Wins: 2 Loses: 0
-! Gianus (![13 spaces]Gianus) Wins: 1 Loses: 3
-Sasori (Xynta) Wins: 0 Loses: 0
-Roronao Zoro (Chove) Wins: 1 Loses: 2
-A Pimp Named Slickback (Germanfan23) Wins: 0 Loses: 1
-Fefe2931995 (Fefe2931995) Wins: 0 Loses: 0
-LegendaryFrost (LegendaryFrost) Wins: 0 Loses: 2

Slifer Roster (8 Hearts):
-L.Lawliet (L.Lawliet) Wins: 2 Loses: 0
-Fevero (Fevero) Wins: 0 Loses: 2
-Bloody Kiss (Bloody Kiss) Wins: 1 Loses: 0
-Slonaka (Slonakaa) Wins: 0 Loses: 0
-BlackXCalibur(Enraged!) Wins: 1 Loses: 0
-Zepherydax (Zepherydax) Wins: 3 Loses: 0
-CM Punk (Bakura Normal) Wins: 0 Loses: 1

Matches:
Roronoa Zoro vs. Bakura Normal = 2-1
PhantomX vs. Fevero = 2-0
LegendaryFrost vs. Bloody Kiss = 0-2
Germish Fan23 vs. L.Lawliet = 1-2
Roronoa Zoro vs. BlackXCalibur = 0-2
Roronoa Zoro vs. Zepherydax = 1-2
PhantomX vs. Fevero = 2-1
LegendaryFrost vs. Zepherydax = 1-2
! Gianus vs. Zepherydax = 1-2
! Gianus vs. Bloody Kiss = 2-1
! Gianus vs. L.Lawliet = 0-2
! Gianus vs. BlackXCalibur = 1-2

Obelisk Prize: 200DP every time you win a match.
Slifer Prize: 350DP every time you win a match. Also, the duelist with the best performance will get a Dorm Upgrade.

Begin.

Last edited by ZaneVL on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 20 times in total

descriptionObelisk vs. Slifer War #3 - Page 4 EmptyRe: Obelisk vs. Slifer War #3

more_horiz
ok... he dcd.. thats the truth, but dont act like he didnt have the advantage.. thats just a dumb thing to say.

descriptionObelisk vs. Slifer War #3 - Page 4 EmptyRe: Obelisk vs. Slifer War #3

more_horiz
Chovy wrote:
ok... he dcd.. thats the truth, but dont act like he didnt have the advantage.. thats just a dumb thing to say.

Read the last post he made. He admitted not having advantage.
So.. why would I re-duel if he d/c without having any adv?

more_horiz
1. There was no advantage, Warning isn't an advantage, WU can play around it easily.
2. It's not dump to say the truth, think before you speak, Chove.
3. DC = Auto-lose, doesn't matter what you have.

Last edited by Anzo Bot on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
notice how I said CLEAR, in the sense that it's wasn't an advantage that would give me game 100% next turn. And no not everywhere anzo u thinkin of only DN rules, because I do remember back in TAU, if u DC but have a screen the judge takes the time to look at it and make a decision.

more_horiz
@anzo, excuse urself! he said he didnt have a clear advantage! but he does have an advantage, i dont care what the arguments about, but its a FOOLISH thing to say that he doesnt have an advantage period!! if he gets a loss then he gets a loss, period... move on! but if he doesnt get one because he has an advantage then replay the damn match and stop complaining!!

more_horiz
Chove, before the warning hits you, i will tell you this, i was replying to your post when you said he had an advantage, now i'm done, +1 warning for inappropriate use of language.

@Frosty: That's what, a year ago?
Even in TAU, before we shut it down, we added a similar rule, just letting you know.

more_horiz
True the rule was added, but does that make it good, either way still waitin on the judge's call if there will ever be one.

more_horiz
@Anzo, i know that, the first part was for u and the other parts were for everyone else.. and you gave me a warning for saying damn? power trip much? all you've been doing is arguing in this event, if u wanna give someone a warning, give urself one!

more_horiz
Stop spamming.

more_horiz
I think spamming saying "not spamming" is spamming, how about this, stop telling people to do stuff that u do urself.. I'm not intimidated by u just because ur name is white.. if u wanna power trip, give me warnings and kick me off the site, i can careless!

more_horiz
1st off I'd like to ask everyone who is not directly involved in this event, not to post here anymore. I had a hard time reading past all the spam. ijs.

Now to the duel. I checked the screenie, read all the posts and checked the DNF rules. You might say that "they don't count" here, but they seem to be the fairest rules to me. I also don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I hope that you guys are mature enough to accept my opinion.

I think that Zephy should get that win. From the screenie that Frost posted, I can't think of a way for him to win the duel in his next turn. He was already in his BP, so there wasn't much more left to do, other than set Warning and pass.
Zephy said his next draw would've been MST. So Warning would've been gone anyway and with Rat, Rabbit and Magi left I would even say that Zephy would have the advantage at that point. Or at least he could've brought himself into a safer position and could've gotten rid of Stratos.
So with Alius and Spark left, vs a set TT and at least 1 Exceed, not even Dark Hole into Miracle could've won him the game in his next turn.
Since the rules say that if you do not have clear game during the next turn before your dc, you would get a game loss.

That's just how I see things, but I'll wait for Zane's opinion, too.

more_horiz
Just noticed that you've added his next top into the equation without considering any number of cards I could've topped but since you all apparently don't realize the insignificance of this war to the point that even a simple look into a screen or reduel is out of the question, I'll take the loss but not dueling for the piece of sh*t event anymore.

more_horiz
@Frost: I did add 2 epic sacks for you, but as I said, I don't think that they would've gotten you game.

EDIT: @Anzo: Don't delete my color code. e.e

Last edited by Bloody Kiss on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
You can say what ever you want to say, in the write manners, goes for everyone. I'll clean this topic, so you all can drop it now.

On last note, disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated, keep this note close to your minds.

more_horiz
Alright, I'll interject here. From Frost's SS I didn't see any distinct advantage from either side, so I would advise for Frost/Zeph to just redo the duel.

Figures I leave for a day and come back to see this spiral out of proportion. Anzo, I'm going to give you friendly advise and say just stop while you're ahead. No one is blatantly disrespecting you and if someone did, it was for a legitimate reason (from what I saw at least). I realize you're an Administrator, but for the sake of this event, let Bloody and I handle it.

more_horiz
First things first, you guys making me post more in this topic, even tho i'm not willing to keep posting here, for today at least. Second thing, read before you decide. I've ALREADY stated at an earlier post, that i'm not a judge of this event, nor i intend to be one either. The even is Obe vs. Slifers, the only time where i or any of the other Administrators interfere is when the situation reaches a point, where neither you or BK can handle it, so far, it's being on the edge of collapsing, i'd suggest you get the grip on this event, or we'll have to add some new rules to it.

That being said, good luck.

more_horiz
Anzo Bot wrote:
the only time where i or any of the other Administrators interfere is when the situation reaches a point, where neither you or BK can handle it

I suppose that that's fair when we're not on. However, I don't think that this reached a point where Zane or I could not have been able to handle it.
We simply weren't here when people posted. People can't expect an immediate response, since the two of us have lives.
If they have to wait for our responses, so be it, but as I said before, I don't think that your help was needed here. However, I still appreciate you trying to help us out, but your methods didn't seem to be always right.

Last edited by Bloody Kiss on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Anzo Bot wrote:
DC is always an auto-lose, everywhere ._.

The only time that a DC is not a game loss is when you have clear game on board on the turn you DC or next one. The duel was 1-1 before the DC, meaning after one of the 2 DC, the other gets another game win, thus a match win: 2/1.

I'm not fully aware of how things go around here, but in DNF that's how it is. I'm 100% sure that a WA member on DNF will say the same thing.

more_horiz
Bloody Kiss wrote:
Anzo Bot wrote:
the only time where i or any of the other Administrators interfere is when the situation reaches a point, where neither you or BK can handle it

I suppose that that's fair when we're not on. However, I don't think that this reached a point where Zane or I could not have been able to handle it.
We simple weren't here when people posted. People can't expect an immediate response, since the two of us have lives.
If they have to wait for our responses, so be it, but as I said before, I don't think that your help was needed here. However, I still appreciate you trying to help us out, but your methods didn't seem to be always right.

Mentalists always says: It's only wrong if you want it to be wrong.

Anyway, when you or Zane are offline, issues like this can be flamed up, by few members who have nothing better to do, spice it up a bit sometimes. As long as you and Zane have everything under a previous agreement, it's all good on this side of the planet.

more_horiz
Any agreement?

more_horiz
Zepherydax wrote:
To clarify, no, I didn't take any screenshot, simply because I don't need it.
You didn't have any advantage. 5 cards (Magician, Rat, next turn MST Torrential set and Rabbit) vs. 4 cards, so, Idk why you are complaining.
I still don't get where you want to go. You disconnected when neither player had clear advantage.

From what I see, here are almost all of your options with that hand:

Your MST would obviously be used to destroy his set, which is most likely Solemn Warning. He wouldn't set Gemini Spark without a Gemini out.

Rabbit would return to the field and from then on, you can summon two monsters:

-1. Summon Magician - Rabbit eff: Magician eff for lvl3 W-U/lvl4 W-U/Rat:
a. Level 3 W-U - Have Magician out and a level 3 W-U. Lethal with advantage.
b. Level 4 W-U - Rank 4 Xyz with Magician.
c. Rat - Special summon something from the grave, whether it be Shark or Magician or any other Wind-Up:
Spoiler :

-2. Summon Rat - Rat eff for a lvl3 W-U/lvl4 W-U.
a. Level 3 W-U - Xyz into a Rank 3 monster. Possible Rank 3 monsters:
Spoiler :

b. Level 4 W-U - Rabbit and Rat could go into a Rank 3 Xyz, and have a left over Lvl3 W-U. Refer back to scenario 2 option a.

-3. Nothing is summoned and Zeph's turn ends. Frost's turn comes and he summons Alius, Torrential happens and Spark is chained so he gets a draw. Frost would have 2 cards and his turn ends. Zeph's turn comes and he gets 1 card. He can then choose to go for Scenario 1 or 2. They will be at about equal LP at this point. Frost then has his turn and he will have 3 cards in his hand.

This is basically what can happen in that turn and all of the best choices of action. Information was taken from what Zeph said in his post and the screenshot Frost provided.

Overall, Frost would have more LP and 2/3 cards from his deck while Zeph would have 1 card and maybe something else, depending on whatever scenario is chosen.

In my eyes, Frost deserves the win from that screenshot since he would most likely have an advantage during the next few turns. (Sorry Zeph).

Came to this conclusion because Zeph couldn't provide a screenshot. We're only giving him the benefit of the doubt about what he says he has in his hand. For all we know, he could have had nothing. The best option would be to let them replay the duel.

You guys can choose to use this information however you want since it's your biznezz.

From DA's monkey Obelisk vs. Slifer War #3 - Page 4 1170615207.

Last edited by Alikaey on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
Who's Lethal now? e.e

more_horiz
Bloody Kiss wrote:
Who's Lethal now? e.e

Fak, I meant Frost :L

more_horiz
You guys are forgetting that Zepherydax didn't even take a screenshot, so what he said he has in his hand doesn't matter, for all we know he could have dead cards.

more_horiz
PhantomX wrote:
You guys are forgetting that Zepherydax didn't even take a screenshot, so what he said he has in his hand doesn't matter, for all we know he could have dead cards.

X has a point

more_horiz
Or not, another valid point huh.

more_horiz
Just redo the duel.

more_horiz
Preferable in this situation.

more_horiz
Why isn't there a war book?

more_horiz
Can we just say that L beat Obelisk and promote him?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply