Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionCardcar D Vs. Skill Drain EmptyCardcar D Vs. Skill Drain

more_horiz
Can Cardcard D still get its effect off Skill Drain since it is a cost and Skill Drain's effect allows the card to activate and then negate the effect?

descriptionCardcar D Vs. Skill Drain EmptyRe: Cardcar D Vs. Skill Drain

more_horiz
Cardcar D activates on field but resolves in grave. It tributing itself is cost.

Yes, You will still get Carcar D effect.

No, Skill drain will not negate it.

more_horiz
Thanks, I knew that was the case. I hate when I'm dueling with someone and they insist you are wrong. Just because they have higher rating, they believe they're always correct.

more_horiz
Kirito~Kun wrote:
Cardcar D activates on field but resolves in grave. It tributing itself is cost.

Yes, You will still get Carcar D effect.

No, Skill drain will not negate it.

Correct answer, wrong reasoning. Card effects that activate on the field ALWAYS RESOLVE ON THE FIELD. The issue is simply that the card itself is not on the field when its effect is resolving and Skill Drain can only negate the effects of monsters that are on the field when their effects resolve.

more_horiz
Well that seems more reasoning.

-Thanks Neko

more_horiz
Juelz Anthony Cruz wrote:
Thanks, I knew that was the case. I hate when I'm dueling with someone and they insist you are wrong. Just because they have higher rating, they believe they're always correct.
Anybody who plays rated singles for a year on DN is bound to have high rating. What matters more in exp, and even then you shouldn't be listening to people on DN unless they can give a legitimate reason(s). Anyway, Neko is correct. All effects resolve in the place where they activate, and Cardcar D is no longer on the field to be affected by Skill Drain.

more_horiz
answered then? if no doiubt aise in 30 minutes i shall lock the thead

more_horiz
lockz

more_horiz
My 2 cents: Skill Drain negates the effects of face-up monsters, so if, for whatsoever reason, a monster like Elemental HERO Strator, Tour Guide, Hanzo, etc. is not face-up at resolution of their effect due to Bottomless Trap, Torrential Tribute, Book of Moon, whatsoever, then the effect resolves properly.

But, yeah, cards like Cardcar D, Stardust Dragon, Thunder King Rai-Oh which trobute themselves/sebd themselves to the graveyard/banish themselves at activation of their effects are also not affected by Skill Drain, ever though their effects resolve on the field.

Mind any spelling mistakes, can't pfoperly see what I'm typing.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply