Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSummon Negation EmptySummon Negation

more_horiz
So, my friend is a pretty stubborn know it all, and has said that according to new rulings, cards such as Solemn Warning, Thunder King Rai-Oh, and Black Horn of Heaven can now not negate the summons of the following cards, and more

Black Luster Soldier (Both Formes)

Chaos Sorcerer

Any Fusion monster summoned through Polymerization

Dark Simorgh

He's been saying that now those kinds of summon negation cards cannot negate the summons of cards that are summoned to resolved the effect of a spell/trap, such as Starlight Road or Monster Reborn, and also cards that banish in order to summon such as Chaos Sorcerer, can also now not be negated.

Naturally, I'm entitled not to believe him, because of, for the most part, the one screw up he made with Elemental HEROes, my favorite archetype. He said he checked and that they could be summoned from the grave by Monster Reborn of Call of the Haunted

Now, I could've looked this up online, but I really don't have the time to piece through website after website right now, so if those who are knowledgeable on rulings would be able to tell me if this (being the Summon Negation rulings) is true or not, and show me some trustworthy ruling sites, I would very much appreciate it, because the admins on DN right now are completely worthless, especially when they get the same HERO rulings wrong over and over and over.

descriptionSummon Negation EmptyRe: Summon Negation

more_horiz
I've not heard anything about this. I think your friend is just retarded.

more_horiz
Solemn warning can negate inherent summons like BLS, Simorgh Chaos sorc, and xyz/synchro summons, as well as spells/traps like call of haunted and reborn that summon monsters. Thunder king Rai-Oh can only negate inherent summons like xyz/synchro and simorgh, bls, chaos sorc, etc.

more_horiz
Also, my initial comment was directed towards being able to negate the special summons on inherit special summons. If we're talking about summons via effects, then you have to negate the effect and not the monster, which has been clarified by KONAMI for like the last three years now.

more_horiz
Okay. Thank you very much.

more_horiz
Yeah out of those situations Black horn and TK not negate fusion summon and ritual summoning is a normal commonly known rule

But they can still negate BLS envoy and other like him

Last edited by Phoenix King on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can doesnt have a t silly lol)

more_horiz
that is retarded what your friend said they can be stoped by anything that could stop the summoning if they are in limbo

more_horiz
And he won't accept the answers of any of you

more_horiz
Only hypocrites deny.

I've sent you a PM on the matter, and if he still doesn't accept it after that, tell him to go f*ck himself x.x

Well, not that blatantly insulting, but such hypocrisy is unbelievable.

more_horiz
Summoning Conditions are different from effects that summon

BLS Envoy is a Summoning Condition therefor there is no chain to interupt if you intend to use warning or judgment

Fusion Summon besides Contact fusion always come from spell cards or a monsters effect.That mean you must chain to the effect that is activating or else you cant at all because you cant interupt the resolution of a monsters effect

You friend is a moron btw.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply