Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionStrategies against Prophecy Decks? EmptyStrategies against Prophecy Decks?

more_horiz
Hello, it's been a while since I've been on this forum, but it crossed my mind when this question arose. Ok, so on DN my friend and I have been having a rivalry between my Madolche deck and his Prophecy/Spell Book deck. I've been able to hold up fairly well against every other deck of his except that one with Madolche. I've identified most of the problem as the High Priestess of Prophecy who's able to easily destroy my field, monsters, and anything else I play since there's always a ton of spell books for him to banish each turn. It gets especially bad when he has several out. Now I have my side deck geared towards negating summons and stopping effects, but he still manages to best me a lot of the time.

So, after that wall 'o text, I'm just wanting to know some general strategies against the Prophecy/Spell Book archetype. Thank you :D

descriptionStrategies against Prophecy Decks? EmptyRe: Strategies against Prophecy Decks?

more_horiz
Imperial Order :D

Side in cards like Spell Canceller and use Trap Cards that negate his summons (as you mentioned).

A basic strategy is also dropping Veiler on EVERY card that would make a +1 when it's Normal/Special Summoned. No matter how much of a -1 it might be. Just do it.

Yeah, you may also, in the right situation, Eradictor Epidemic Virus if you have the correct monsters on the field.

On the other side, I never played Madolce... so...

If this doesn't complete disrupt your own strategies, try using Macro Cosmos.

descriptionStrategies against Prophecy Decks? EmptyRe: Strategies against Prophecy Decks?

more_horiz
Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell

more_horiz
You can either main or side necrovalley against them, it works well for stopping there banishment plays. meaning that sure they have a 2000+ beater, but it can't use it's destruction eff, simply because of valley

more_horiz
MissSaucy wrote:
You can either main or side necrovalley against them, it works well for stopping there banishment plays. meaning that sure they have a 2000+ beater, but it can't use it's destruction eff, simply because of valley

And then they activate their Spellbook Tower...

more_horiz
pIrate wrote:
MissSaucy wrote:

And then they activate their Spellbook Tower...

So then you negate it Dx

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply