Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionQuick question EmptyQuick question

more_horiz
One question that's been nagging me in recent times is:
You're allowed to activate a searching card, but having no targets in deck right?

Or not?

Example, I deaddrew Skyscraper and Captain Gold, and I don't have another Skyscraper in deck, am I allowed to discard Gold to use effect, shuffle deck and continue, or to activate a card do I have to know there is a target in the deck?

descriptionQuick question EmptyRe: Quick question

more_horiz
Answer is no. You cannot activate a card whose effect you know will do nothing. The main examples of this are:

1. Activating Heavy Storm / Dark Hole with no spells / monsters on field
2. Activating a search card with no available targets.

So to answer your example, you would not be allowed to discard Captain Gold if you don't have a copy of Skyscraper in your deck.

Same thing applies to RotA, Terraforming, Shien's Smoke Signal, and any others like that.

more_horiz
nekofjung wrote:
Answer is no. You cannot activate a card whose effect you know will do nothing.

So if I forgot about it, it's legit?
Like say I intended to use Captain Gold's effect, but completely forgot I only had one Skyscraper?

more_horiz
your opponent check your deck to verify there is no target and then you return gold to the hand. if its a tournament, you get a warning

more_horiz
Actually it makes no sense, you MUST know what cards you have left in your deck just by looking to your hand, field and graveyard.

more_horiz
Lunatic wrote:
Actually it makes no sense, you MUST know what cards you have left in your deck just by looking to your hand, field and graveyard.

Unless you are testing, a netdecker, borrowing a deck, have a crappy memory...

more_horiz
Lol yeah what Potus said :D Also about looking trough opponents deck to check the thing... I didnt know before but few cards allows to look trough your opponents deck, like did he mill every copy of card or not... He he he its time to copy some decks :D

more_horiz
you may if it's mandatory. (i.e: sangan/gk spy).
also card in the deck can't be targeted.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply