Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSpellcaster Deck help EmptySpellcaster Deck help

more_horiz
Like the topic says, I need help with my Spellcaster deck. For the longest time it was the deck I used for fun, in real life and on the Duel Network, but I want to make it more competitive and less of a card salad.

Total: 52 cards
Monsters: 24
1 Dark Magician
2 Breaker the Magical Warrior
1 Chaos sorcerer
1 Dark Magician Girl
1 Dark Red Enchanter
2 Ebon magical Curran
2 Magician Valkyria
1 Old Vindictive MAgician
1 Princess Curran
1 Princess Pikeru
2 Rapid-Fire magician
2 Silent Magician lvl 4
1 Silent Magician Lvl 8
2 Skilled Dark Magician
1 Sorcerer of dark Magic
2 Summoner Monks
2 White magician Pikeru

Spell cards: 15
1 Bound Wand
1 Darkworld Shackle
1 Gravekeeper's Servant
1 Mage Power
2 Magical Dimension
2 magical Mallet
1 Monster reborn
1 Shield crush
1 Spell Absorption
1 Spellbook of Wisdom
1 Swords of Revealing light
1 Trial of the Princesses
1 Unity

Traps: 12
1 Alter for Tribute
1 Call of the haunted
1 ceasefire
1 Fiendish Chain
1 Magical Cylinder
1 Magic Jammer
1 Metal Reflect Slime
1 Mirror Force
1 Pitch-black Power Stone
1 Shadow Spell
2 Trap Jammer

XYZ:1
Magi Magi Magician Gal

So yeah, any edits are welcome and appreciated.

descriptionSpellcaster Deck help EmptyRe: Spellcaster Deck help

more_horiz
1. Keep the deck to 40 cards.

2. You need a more centeral theme then jsut spellcasters (you are going for to amny things in this deck)

3. check out the spellbook and prophecy archetypes ._.

more_horiz
I will definitely take that advice and begin reorganizing this deck, and taking a look at those spellbook cards. Benn seeing them around and just haven't really payed attention to them.

Will update later, with an updated card list.

more_horiz
OHHHH. You should be running The field spell - Secret Village of the spellcasters? not sure of the name. & also cut the cards down to 40 or 42.

more_horiz
I've only dueled with this deck once and got destroyed. So it's gonna need some getting used to.

I used to have that field spell in my deck, but then I took it out. Not to sure why.

Spellcaster Deck help Tc2DG

more_horiz
its best if you put it back in tho. I used to run a Chaos Village deck, but the i was so careless and lost it. but dis is what i think you should do. not to familiar with some of the monsters tho.

Total: 41?
Monsters: 17
2 Breaker the Magical Warrior
1 Chaos sorcerer
1 Dark Magician Girl
1 Dark Red Enchanter
2 Magician Valkyria
2 Old Vindictive MAgician
2 Rapid-Fire magician
2 Silent Magician lvl 4
1 Silent Magician Lvl 8
2 Skilled Dark Magician
1 Sorcerer of dark Magic
2 Summoner Monks

Spell cards: 14
1 Wonder Wands
2 Mage Power
2 Magical Dimension
1 Monster reborn
1 Swords of Revealing light
1 Dark Hole
2 Mst
1 Heavy storm
3 SECRET VILLAGE OF THE SPELLCASTERS

Traps: 10
1 Alter for Tribute
1 Solemn Judgement
2 Magical Cylinder
1 Metal Reflect Slime
1 Mirror Force
1 Pitch-black Power Stone
1 Shadow Spell
2 Solemn Warnings

more_horiz
Maybe turn it into a Chaos Spellcaster deck? I've tried to run spellcaster decks, and lets c. 3 breaker would be good, cuz it will force people to negate, solemn, or do something, unless they want their facedown to be popped. 2nd the village field spell would only be good, if you're running a variant, where u can keep your spellcasters on the field. Its double-edge, so its risky to run that card, just saying. 3 apprentice magician would definetely help that deck, cuz you can special effect veiler, the lv 2 spellcaster monster to add another book, or night's sorcerer. old vindictative magician would go well with apprentice magician as well. If you try to run the chaos spellcaster variant Milla the temporal magician might help. Also to make things faster, if u wanna synch into cards like Arcanite Magician, try using emergency teleport, and running a couple pyschic commander, or krebons in it, I found the spellcaster deck runnning a little bit faster with 2 emergency teleport. also magical dimension gives u a -1, so it might not be the best card, compared to smashing ground, or substituting for mystical space typhoon or pot of duality for draw power. Getting both Spellbook of control, and Spellbook of leadership, is way too situational to pull of, so a staple would be more accurate to add, likes solemn judgement warning, and mirror and such. Well thats some advice I can give you. Wonder want I would keep at 1 card. Maybe you can trade it for Bound Wand, thats more effective, and it forces your opponent to either us an MST, or go around destroying the monster by card effect, or battle, they would probably have to just banish it, to get around its effect. I can make a decklist for you, and u could try it, to see it works out for you, if you want...

more_horiz
This is the spellcaster deck i just made recently .

http://www.duelacademy.net/t17709-chaos-village-deck

more_horiz
I tried your first list Kid_Wreck and it was a vast improvement from my original deck; but I took out Dark Magician Girl and replaced it with the Original dark Magician. Seemed more fitting with the Skilled Dark Magicians in the deck. Also took out one of the Secret Village cards. It felt like I was drawing that card every other turn.

Oh yeah I forgot to say, I sided 2 Mausoleum of the Emperor.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply