Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionThe Wicked Avatar + Copycat EmptyThe Wicked Avatar + Copycat

more_horiz
I'm am really puzzled by this one. When using The Wicked Avatar, my opponent played Copycat. The Wicked Avatar's effect means it gains 100 atk as Copycat has 0. But Copycat then copies Wicked Avatars atk. But Wicked Avatar then gains another 100 on top of Copycats, but then Copycat copies the same atk; and so on. Does this carry on in an indefinite loop? Help would be appreciated.

descriptionThe Wicked Avatar + Copycat EmptyRe: The Wicked Avatar + Copycat

more_horiz
If I understand you correctly, you have The Wicked Avatar on your field, with no other monsters on either side of the field?

If that's how it is and your opponent then summons Copycat, TWA will gain 100 attack. Then Copycat's effect will trigger, making it have 100 atk as well. Then TWA will readjust it's atk making it have 200. Nothing happens after that.

The Wicked Avatar's effect to have 100 more atk than the other monster is a continuous effect, so it will keep adjusting. Copycat's effect is a trigger effect and only activates that one time upon the summon.

more_horiz
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. It was really bugging me.

more_horiz
Answered/Locked

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply