Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duelist-Imprisoning Mirror [Winner = Ezekeil]

+29
Plague Rose
Doctor G
2ZO14
YuseFudo
LòKóS
mimgrim
Evil_Bakura
TricksterPDH5
Nuran
Exiled
Train
Pilover
PowerNova
Jokerlord
The_Dutch_Prince
! High Dutchman Gianus
Typical Jew™
SuperNBZ
iso09
Ozerec
Dex
Ezekeil
PhantomX
LethalAfterZ
Smokey
Sly
GTempest
Linda-Senpai
Nekofjung
33 posters

descriptionDuelist-Imprisoning Mirror [Winner = Ezekeil] - Page 4 EmptyDuelist-Imprisoning Mirror [Winner = Ezekeil]

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

DUELIST-IMPRISONING MIRROR

Hello everyone and welcome to the 5th installment of the Duelist-Imprisoning Mirror Tournament.

Here's the rules:

1. Each round, everyone receives the same main deck of 25 cards, which I will post here. You can fill in the rest of the deck and extra deck however you see fit. The deck used will change for each round.

2. Rounds are Match Duels (best 2/3). Side decks are NOT ALLOWED.

3. OCG-only cards are forbidden.

4. The tournament size is 24 - 32 duelists, and will be 5 rounds. Each round will end after 1 week, or whenever all matches are played.

If you want to join the tournament, post the following:

Dueling Network (DN) name:
Time Zone (GMT):

Good luck to all participants! Registration will be open until we reach the required number of duelists for the tournie.

PRIZES:

1st place: 3,000 DP, Medal
2nd place: 2,000 DP
3rd place: 1,000 DP
4th place: 500 DP

Accepted Duelists:

1. LoveTaker / thecicada / -8
2. GTempest / GTempest / -5
3. Yamisly / Yamisly / 0
4. yuseifudo33 / yuseifudo33 / -5
5. Lethalafterz / LethalAfterZ / -8
6. PhantomX / + Astro + / -5
7. Ezekeil / [SK] Ezekeil / -7
8. Dexter Morgan / Dexter!Morgan / -7
9. Ozerec / coltendude / -5
10. iso09 / II Isolation / -6
11. SuperNBZ / SuperNBZ / 0
12. germanfan23 / germanfan23 / -7
13. ! Gianus / ! Gianus / +1
14. The_Dutch_Prince / Milliardo / +1
15. Jokerlord / Jokerlord / -4
16. PowerNova / PowerNova / -5
17. Pilover / Pilover / 0
18. Train / kohiju / -4:30
19. Exiled108 / Exiled108 / -5
20. Nuran / (DX)Nuran / -5
21. nekofjung / nekofjung / -4
22. TricksterPDH5 / TricksterPDH5 / -4
23. Evil_Bakura / Evil_Bakura / +2
24. mimgrim / mimgrim / -6
25. LOKOS / LOKOS / +2
26. YuseFudo / YuseiFudo1000 / -6
27. 2ZO14 / 2zo14 / -6
28. Whatup1111 / Whatup1111 / -5
29. Doctor G / Doctor.G / -5
30. Plague Rose / Plague Rose / -5
31. Edward / TS Edward / -3
32. Eheroduelist / Eheroduelist / -5

Teaser: names for the 5 rounds of this tournament will be:

Round 1: Dead Dark World
Round 2: The Wight Way and the Wong Way
Round 3: Counters Countered
Round 4: Lightsworn Losses
Round 5: The Usual.

ROUND 1

Let's
start this baby off! For round 1 we've got a match-up where you're
gonna need to take some care not to misplay into your opponent's open
arms! It's the Dark World mirror match featuring the additional
complication of 3x Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror in each deck to kick off
this Duelist-Imprisoning Mirror tournament! Good luck and may you
manage to create a deck that can make your version of Dark World stand
on top!

Round 1: Dead Dark World

Monsters: 10
2x Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World
3x Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
3x Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
2x Snoww, Unlight of Dark World

Spells: 9
3x Dark World Dealings
1x Dark World Lightning
1x Dragged Down into the Grave
3x Gates of Dark World
1x Card Destruction

Traps: 6
3x Reckless Greed
3x Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror

ROUND 2
Good job to those of you who discarded your way to victory in Round 1! In Round 2, we'll be looking at some massive graveyard pwnage with special summons coming out of both graves like cheese in a sandwich shop! It's time for the King of Skull Servants mirror match! Of course, can't be making it too easy for you, so you'll both be running Skill Drain! That 4000 ATK King won't look so tough when you attack your opponent's monster and he flips the Drain! Of course, then what will your opponent do with all of his/her worthless monsters? Start loading your graves and let's get round 2 underway!

Round 2: The Wight Way and the Wong Way

Monsters: 19
3x Skull Servant
3x King of Skull Servants
3x The Lady in Wight
3x Wightmare
1x Mezuki
3x Paladin of Cursed Dragon
3x Zombie Master

Spells: 3
1x Card Destruction
2x Book of Life

Traps: 3
3x Skill Drain

ROUND 3
Dark Worlds have collided and Zombies have risen from the grave. Now it's time for a more angelic confrontation ... with a demonic twist. It's the Counter Fairy mirror match where Counter Traps will be flying in your face, and of course you'll be countering them with your own Counter Traps! With Bountiful Artemis, and Synthetic Seraphim around, I'm expecting to see lots of drawing and lots of tokens swarming the field on both sides ... that is, if nobody flips Royal Decree! Now get out there and go counter your opponent!

Round 3: Counters Countered

Monsters: 6
3x Bountiful Artemis
3x Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord

Spells: 4
1x Heavy Storm
3x Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps: 15
3x Counter Counter
3x Synthetic Seraphim
3x Royal Decree
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
3x Dark Bribe

ROUND 4
The countering of your opponent's counters has occurred to the max. Now, it's time to lighten up the competition with some deLIGHTful mayhem! Who has the best power of the mill? Who's got the speed and who's got the control? It's time for the Lightsworn mirror match! To make it more interesting, you'll both be running Dimensional Fissure and Macro Cosmos, so figure out when/if you want to use those to deny your opponent any more monsters in the graveyard!

Round 4: Lightsworn Losses

Monsters: 16
1x Aurkus, Lightsworn Druid
1x Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
1x Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1x Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
1x Honest
1x Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
3x Judgment Dragon
2x Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
1x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
2x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2x Wulf, Lightsworn Beast

Spells: 7
1x Charge of the Light Brigade
3x Dimensional Fissure
3x Solar Recharge

Traps: 2
1x Beckoning Light
1x Macro Cosmos

ROUND 5
Well, apparently nobody wanted to play with Lightsworns. As punishment, Round 5 is going to be immensely unexciting!

Round 5: The Usual - Dino Rabbit Finals

Monsters: 13
3x Kabazauls
3x Sabersaurus
3x Rescue Rabbit
1x Sangan
3x Tour Guide of the Underworld

Spells: 7
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Mind Control
1x Monster Reborn
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Pot of Avarice

Traps: 5
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
2x Torrential Tribute

Brackets for this tournament created using Challonge! To view the official bracket, go here:

http://challonge.com/duelistimprisoningmirror

Last edited by nekofjung on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:29 am; edited 15 times in total

descriptionDuelist-Imprisoning Mirror [Winner = Ezekeil] - Page 4 EmptyRe: Duelist-Imprisoning Mirror [Winner = Ezekeil]

more_horiz
Lethal quit middle of game 3 so I guess I win 2-1. Good games.

Proof:

https://imgur.com/a1yue

descriptionDuelist-Imprisoning Mirror [Winner = Ezekeil] - Page 4 EmptyRe: Duelist-Imprisoning Mirror [Winner = Ezekeil]

more_horiz
DC'd, not quit.

You can have the win though.

more_horiz
i cant seen to be at the same time as mr tempest ._.

more_horiz
Train wrote:
i cant seen to be at the same time as mr tempest ._.

Relax much? The round literally just started 18 HOURS AGO. ._.

more_horiz
wait, it didnt start last week? O-o

more_horiz
Train wrote:
wait, it didnt start last week? O-o

18 Hours ago. xD I havent even made my deck.

more_horiz
Due to unfavorable circumstances, both whatup1111 and myself are currently unable to hold our match.
My reasons are as follows:
I have a strange schedule for the next several days, and something could come up at any time.
The times that I can get online do not match up with his, due to his also highly busy schedule.

I apologize for this delay, and inquire as to how you would have us go about our match. Would a time extension be out of the question, or no?

I do not speak for whatup1111, so for his details, please message him.

more_horiz
I will be sending a pm pertaining to the match between me and TDP.

more_horiz
Ezekeil wrote:
Due to unfavorable circumstances, both whatup1111 and myself are currently unable to hold our match.
My reasons are as follows:
I have a strange schedule for the next several days, and something could come up at any time.
The times that I can get online do not match up with his, due to his also highly busy schedule.

I apologize for this delay, and inquire as to how you would have us go about our match. Would a time extension be out of the question, or no?

I do not speak for whatup1111, so for his details, please message him.

We will try and find time to duel this week don't worry. Smile

more_horiz
Any updates on this?

more_horiz
as i said on RttT i cant see gt on

more_horiz
Round 3 is over. Had to make coin flips on 2 matches unfortunately. Please finish your duels for Round 4.

more_horiz
Yeah, this is a little inconvenient... AGAIN
Well, our router is about ready to bite the dust, so we have to get a new one. As a result, I will be without internet for the next few days. I apologize and hope that you will understand!

more_horiz
Trying to get our match done, keep seeming to miss train.

more_horiz
Is this over yet?

more_horiz
power nova gave me the win, after neither of us being able to duel eachother
Spoiler :

more_horiz
Ezekeil moves on since Trickster didn't post. Train vs Ezekeil is the finals, and if Trickster and PowerNova can duel, they can decide 3rd place, otherwise I'mma give the win to PowerNova since I haven't heard from Trickster in forever.

Will post final round deck momentarily.

more_horiz
I will try to get with Trickster to duel for 3rd place, but you're right, its been awhile since I saw him too.

more_horiz
PowerNova wrote:
I will try to get with Trickster to duel for 3rd place, but you're right, its been awhile since I saw him too.

I cant find a time we're both online.

more_horiz
ezekiel is in a trip for a few weeks and im waiting for him to return btw

more_horiz
Train wrote:
ezekiel is in a trip for a few weeks and im waiting for him to return btw

ezekiel was just in chat for at least 30 mins probably more bc i left before he did

more_horiz
I said I was GOING to be on a trip, train.
And I'm not sure when exactly I'll have time to duel D:
As I said, I'm probably going to be without internet soon, for awhile

EDIT: Now officially on mobile internet. So all I have is a 3G phone. D:

more_horiz
Trickster, what is your time zone?

more_horiz
Prizes given out.

Winner = Ezekeil
2nd = train
3rd = PowerNova
4th = Trickster

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum