Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Battle Arena, Shadow Arena and Survival Duels rules changed!

+7
GTempest
Tragedy
Eheroduelist
mimgrim
LòKóS
LethalAfterZ
Amy Kool
11 posters

descriptionBattle Arena, Shadow Arena and Survival Duels rules changed! EmptyBattle Arena, Shadow Arena and Survival Duels rules changed!

more_horiz
We tried to solve the issue like normal people. Warned few members before to show others that cheating with double accounts is not effective and will be caught eventually. Still, some of you are inappropriate and try to cheat on us. We do all this fun for you, so that your online duels have more meaning. Still, you become greedy and want to get those DPs or top the League by using multiple accounts and posting large duel results in order to get good score easily. Sad thing is that none of you really knew how to do it in a professional way.

Now, we also reply to your cheating with the new rules for Battle, Shadow Arenas and Survival Duels. The new rule states the following:

"You cannot duel an opponent that has the same IP like you. If you do, you risk to be permanently banned from Duel Academy."

No matter why you and your opponent have the same IP, from now you can be permanently banned from Duel Academy. It is up to you to choose an opponent that does not live in your house or in your small region that shares the same IP range. Sometimes it will be not on purpose and sometimes it will be cheating trials. It is up to staff to determine your situation but at the end, you are guilty anyway. So, don't force us to decide because in most cases we won't care much and just permanently ban you from Duel Academy.

descriptionBattle Arena, Shadow Arena and Survival Duels rules changed! EmptyRe: Battle Arena, Shadow Arena and Survival Duels rules changed!

more_horiz
Now I have a legit reason to deny cicada when he bugs me for a duel here Battle Arena, Shadow Arena and Survival Duels rules changed! 1112170017

descriptionBattle Arena, Shadow Arena and Survival Duels rules changed! EmptyRe: Battle Arena, Shadow Arena and Survival Duels rules changed!

more_horiz
Thanks godness nobody here have same Ip like mine. I hope... :D

more_horiz
ok well is IP adrees liek the adress for the computer or the interent conection yuor using? and if its comp adress is it possible for 2 comps to ahve same adress? and if its internet i should have no probem with this......i hope O_O

more_horiz
An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, printer) participating in a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication.[1] An IP address serves two principal functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing.

Computers within range of each other (or if someone gets onto your internet), can access the internet through the same IP address.
This happens in one of two ways:
1- You open up another tab, create a new account through that tab, and such.
(noob way of doing it, easy to catch and such.)
2- A computer nearby log on through your internet, you could have the same IP address, if not it will be extremely similar.
(still noobish, but this can be done to you instead of you epically failing.)

(If I'm wrong on this you guys can just post corrections and such, thats just what I know/looked up.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address

more_horiz
for users that normally don't cheat, do not fear anything we know the ways to differ cheaters from non-cheaters.

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
for users that normally don't cheat, do not fear anything we know the ways to differ cheaters from non-cheaters.

Battle Arena, Shadow Arena and Survival Duels rules changed! 3603946073 Sounds awkward and odd. Then again, if I'd be having some random peeps 'round my house, dueling on DN against me, then how would you tell the difference from that? Battle Arena, Shadow Arena and Survival Duels rules changed! 3974120512

more_horiz
i eat code i spit code. thats it.

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
i eat code i spit code. thats it.

The Code Has Spoken.

more_horiz
How can you tell if two people have the same IP?

more_horiz
we just can. as for you to determine, you can simply ask your opponent if he lives near your house lol.

more_horiz
I thought this was a rule to begin with? @.@

Obviously some people aren't too smart.

more_horiz
uhm if they aren't using the same router as you they aren't going to have the same I.P. its as simple as that

more_horiz
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:
uhm if they aren't using the same router as you they aren't going to have the same I.P. its as simple as that

Some country's do it differently. An IP address is shared by many people, not just one.

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:

Phew! That's a relief. I was scared for a moment there but I'm glad you guys have your ways to tell who's actually cheating xD

Hopefully no one here lives close to me O.O

more_horiz
Living close to you is not going to make someone have the same IP as you. that makes no sense at all

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum