Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Site Improving Suggestions for Duel Academy Contest

+16
Dex
Nekofjung
Potus Mat
LòKóS
Cozzy
GTempest
Tragedy
Plague Rose
Train
yuma fudo
Heimdall
Exiled
Eheroduelist
mimgrim
Nuran
Amy Kool
20 posters

descriptionSite Improving Suggestions for Duel Academy Contest - Page 2 EmptySite Improving Suggestions for Duel Academy Contest

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

We want you to suggest us some new things we can make happen in DA. Suggest anything you think would suit this place and bring more fun. You saw me making Survival Duels, Quiz, Supreme King Quest, League, Testing System etc. Some of you suggested Lottery and there it is now, a great idea, some of you wanted the Chat to be on index page and we expanded the idea into making this Chat you have now on every page and easy to handle. You can think of many things like these, they just have to fit in our site, not contradict with other things we have and have good impression on paper.

If your idea is great and DA decides to make it happen you will surely get credit for it and be rewarded with good amount of DP.

descriptionSite Improving Suggestions for Duel Academy Contest - Page 2 EmptyRe: Site Improving Suggestions for Duel Academy Contest

more_horiz
well what about a dorm champions tourament reps from slifer,ra and blue will fight it off then only like 5 or 10 from each dorms will fight it out and the last dorm standing is the dorm champion

descriptionSite Improving Suggestions for Duel Academy Contest - Page 2 EmptyRe: Site Improving Suggestions for Duel Academy Contest

more_horiz
We had something like this already :D It was hosted by Anzo so it got dead when Anzo leaved us. (I think he got active again only to get that supreme king title :D ) At start it was slifer vs ra and then winer would duel vs obelisk.

more_horiz
yea it was done. also do not suggest tournament types here. this is more for general suggestions what we can add to the site like that media suggestion and so on. tournament ideas have its own thread in tournament section, so if you got some other ideas post em there.

more_horiz
For some reason, I think DA should have like, a post limit or restriction per day.

I mean.. There are points where some people spam too much. A bit too much.

more_horiz
I still think allowing people to host unofficial tournaments is good, I mean it would bring a lot of more activity Smile

more_horiz
and a lot more confusion. official tournaments would lose their purpose. unofficial tournaments would be posted as much as battle arena topics ._. ETC :D

its like giving regular members moderator rights lol.

more_horiz
How about a child forums which sections of of other languages, for people to speak in other languages.

Though English would be the main language spoken everywhere, more people would join if they were able to speak in other languages, since not all Duel Academies are all English-speaking people. Site Improving Suggestions for Duel Academy Contest - Page 2 3974120512

more_horiz
The problem with non-English sections is that you then need mods who speak that language so they can patrol the section for spam, illegal content, verbal attacks ... etc. Too much trouble imo.

more_horiz
nekofjung wrote:
The problem with non-English sections is that you then need mods who speak that language so they can patrol the section for spam, illegal content, verbal attacks ... etc. Too much trouble imo.

I totally know French.
Then again, use translators, if needed. Site Improving Suggestions for Duel Academy Contest - Page 2 1174271126

more_horiz
nekofjung wrote:

Here is an example of a really active french academy.
http://wc-academie.vraiforum.com/portal.php
or at least it was active.

Regardless, I think it would be wise to have multilingual sections.

Last edited by Dexter Morgan on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
nekofjung wrote:

Ôhô
Ôhôô
Unh-honh
Haa'
Ja ai
Ari
Yey
Ja
Hooo
Ejé
Jejé
Nguh mah
Huo
Yáma
Yamá
Ìin
Ö
Po
Ja
Eye

more_horiz
Potus Mat wrote:
nekofjung wrote:

Ôhô
Ôhôô
Unh-honh
Haa'
Ja ai
Ari
Yey
Ja
Hooo
Ejé
Jejé
Nguh mah
Huo
Yáma
Yamá
Ìin
Ö
Po
Ja
Eye

What? I don't even...

more_horiz
Dexter Morgan wrote:
Potus Mat wrote:
nekofjung wrote:

Ôhô
Ôhôô
Unh-honh
Haa'
Ja ai
Ari
Yey
Ja
Hooo
Ejé
Jejé
Nguh mah
Huo
Yáma
Yamá
Ìin
Ö
Po
Ja
Eye

What? I don't even...

Nguh Mah... Jeez, if you're trying to speak Asian, you're doin' it wrong?

more_horiz
Not Asian. A few languages that start with "A".

more_horiz
For the DA chat it would be nice for it to scroll automatically after popping back
up (just saying)

also it would be nice to have a real test like maybe a MOD or some other staff
test them in a best 2/3 duel to see how good they are and see if they know the rulings. i just do not like taking tests

if you per fer to keep the written it would be nice if you put the effects of the monsters, i noticed near the end the monster effects were not on the page any more and it makes it very hard to remember

more_horiz
In order...
It does.
We won't.
Google it.

more_horiz
SoulEater wrote:
test them in a best 2/3 duel to see how good they are and see if they know the rulings. i just do not like taking tests

The dueling test failed miserably because we get so many new members every day it is too hard to get everyone tested. Also, especially with this format, a duel test cannot judge a persons skill at the game at all. The exam we have in place covers all aspects of the game and shows knowledge and ability much better then 2/3 dice roll match.

more_horiz
Exiled108 wrote:
SoulEater wrote:

The dueling test failed miserably because we get so many new members every day it is too hard to get everyone tested. Also, especially with this format, a duel test cannot judge a persons skill at the game at all. The exam we have in place covers all aspects of the game and shows knowledge and ability much better then 2/3 dice roll match.

aww exiled.... you put it so good together that i will quote your answer every time ppl ask the same thing :D

more_horiz
what about adding the monsters effects on the test?

more_horiz
SoulEater wrote:
what about adding the monsters effects on the test?

I'm sure there's something called Googling and Pausing the test, unless you could just hover over the name of the card and some little bubble would pop up with the card and its effect.

That'd be neat.

more_horiz
no pause on the test its timed

and as for google......i don't think your allowed to use it

other wise i would be using yu-hi-oh wikia

Last edited by SoulEater on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
SoulEater wrote:
no pause on the test its timed

I know it's timed. But there's a pause button...
Somewhere.

more_horiz
lol. instead of guessing someone could actually read testing system information. I clearly stated there that using google is allowed.

also, timed test with pause option = non - timed test Razz

more_horiz
I think we should make a contest between deck shops

and have different categories like

1)fund decks

2)tier 1.5

3)Pro decks (anything that competes with T1 aswell as T1

and have all deck shops compete after its over each deck shop can
say "1st place pro decks" or something like that

before competing each deck shop should be assigned a deck that is hard to
build

and each deck shop should probably have the same kind of deck built different ways

then a tourny is set up to see who built it the best

more_horiz
i still think my mentor program idea would be good

so you have this list of people wanting to get "mentored" about something in yugioh, be it deck building or something about ruling or just dyeling skill, but you only have so many mentors so instead of assigning a group of people to different mentors each mentor is asigned one person at a time intill they sucsefully mentored their assigned person and they then get asdigned to the next person the list
each mentot could get paid a certain amount of dp each time they suceshully mentor a person
there could be different types of mentors for deck building, rulling, dueling skill ect.....

basicly a mentor is like a tutor and they focus in teaching people one at a time but they wont be like teachers because they wont be allowed to make classes in the clasd room but they should be allowed to make articles that relate to the type of mentoring they do

so what do you think?

more_horiz
Bump.

You people saw my TCG/OCG checker. Now, think about some stuff that could be useful like that and suggest me here.

more_horiz
Back in WDA we got something really fun, called teams. I guess you can use it here too. It works like this:

A new subforum is made, called Teams, or DA Teams.
Anyone can make a team here for 500 DP, maybe more, and post in the 'Team Sticky'. Here they post the team name and members, if they already have some. You could implement that members who want to enter a team have to pay too, but I think it should be free. (Changing from teams should cost DP though, which is done in the 'Team Sticky' as well)
After posting in the Team Sticky, a staff member can approve of the team. (Mainly just to take DP and approve of the name) After that, the leader of the team can make a topic, which is for their team.
After some teams have been made, the teams can challenge each other to wars. For convenience sake there could be the rule of one war per team at a time.
Anyways: The leader posts in the team thread that they wish to challenge, with the format and rules. (The members participating should always be equal for both teams. So, not all of the members of the bigger team can participate)
The leader of the challenged team can now approve or decline the challenge.
When a challenge is declined, nothing happends, but there should be a minor punishment. (Like the declining team being unable to challenge another team themselves for a week)
When a challenge is accepted, a topic will be made in a 'Team Wars' subforum. The challenging team makes a topic here, with all details, lineups, along with a deadline. Teams can also wage DP, winning team takes all.
Anyways, we experience it to be very much fun, and I think the DA members will too. Wink

more_horiz
they had something like that in DAD Academy when it was up.... man was that a long time ago...

more_horiz
We had it all. It was called Guilds and we tried it twice. Both times ended up bad. I mean it goes well for some time but loses its purpose since DN has teams and wars and KCTAU has too. Most people have their own teams separated from other sites. Also the teams creation brings purpose of Dorms a bit down since people lose interest in Dorm upgrades but shoot more for bringing their team some fame etc. To sum it up we decided that we will not bring teams back and somehow this suggestion appears like every once in a while lol. But I understand that most of you did not see the Guild system we had and thus suggest it again and again :D

Anyway I was more looking for some kind of application that could help like TCG/OCG Checker, but if you really have some innovative idea I'm all ears Wink

more_horiz
Well, there's a very simple, very useful thing that can be implemented: A clock.
This clock would be GMT, and it would be the official 'DA Time'.
People who want to make appointments for tournaments, or anything else, do not have to do all crazy stuff with time zones, but just note at which DA time they can be online. It works great. =)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum