Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionUria, Lord of Searing Flames EmptyUria, Lord of Searing Flames

more_horiz
(My friend and I were dueling with TCG rulings >_<)

My... "acquaintance" that I've had irritated standings with already pushed me into a ruling situation I wasn't entirely sure about.

TCG rulings have Priority, so my friend summons out Uria, Lord of Searing Flames, I activate the trap card Compulsory Evacuation Device to return it to his hand (knowing he only has 3 continuous trap cards, because he's using my cards to build his deck), but he calls Prio and destroys one of my set cards, and tries to tell me that because he can call Prio, and Uria's effect (destroy one set S/T, S/T's cannot be activated in response to the eff's activation), that I can't use Compulsory to return Uria to his hand.

I tell him thats BS, my logic is:

I wasn't activating a card in response to Uria's effect, I was activating in response to the monster's summon, he was merely calling Prio to have Uria's eff be placed at Chain Link 1 to destroy one of my FDs.

Am I right here?

descriptionUria, Lord of Searing Flames EmptyRe: Uria, Lord of Searing Flames

more_horiz
you're wrong.
your opponent does have priority to activate uria's effect.
you can't activate any spell/trap directly after uria's effect, so you can't activate CED unless there's an inbetween effects.

more_horiz
well your right about priority and that its all chain links HOW EVER it almost sounds like you tried to chain to a summon XD

if he calls prio on urias effect then you can activate S/T card in response BECAUSE it says S/T cards cannot be activated in response to the effect

more_horiz
When a monster is summoned or special summoned the player who summoned it retains priority to activate its ignition eff before you are allowed to respond to the successful summoning.

more_horiz
nekos post is pro, listen to it.

more_horiz
Duely noted, noob question answered

-hides in corner-

thanks all x_x'

more_horiz
Answered and Locked