Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Teaching deck creation

+5
Paladiex
Jaden_Yuki--
The_Dutch_Prince
Rukiatsu
Atheridis
9 posters

descriptionTeaching deck creation EmptyTeaching deck creation

more_horiz
I think it would be a good idea at the classroom section adding on how to create decks. Cause it gets annoying when u see poeple (here not so much) using nearly the exact same deck except a few exceptions :D

descriptionTeaching deck creation EmptyRe: Teaching deck creation

more_horiz
you mean like original decks right? yeah i think even i like that idea... because the only original deck i have is my Survival Deck.

more_horiz
Atheridis wrote:
I think it would be a good idea at the classroom section adding on how to create decks. Cause it gets annoying when u see poeple (here not so much) using nearly the exact same deck except a few exceptions :D

Nekofjung wrote 2 guides on how to make a competitve deck, suitable for usgae in any format. I say this because he wrote in such a way you will be able to relay the information to the current format ( if you are dedicated enough ) and thereby creating a deck that will be more consistent, competitve and truly your own.

Besides that, I have the opinion that deck building cannot be taught itself. It is rather learned by expereince and reading up on methods on how to make a deck consistent. For example; I used to have a Simorgh deck ( along with Kiryu111 ) that didn't make any sense to nearly everyone else in this community untill they saw it in action or were defeated while us using it. The thing I mean here is, you gotto do what works for you and you alone. Of course you can "borrow" ceertain strategies or combo's but in the end a deck should be yours, otherwise you will never be able to use the deck to its full potential.

more_horiz
I think this needs to happen to give people some skills on how to create a deck and figure out what works in the deck. instead of having others telling you what's not good in the deck, it would be nice to have those skills to realize what works and what doesn't your self (especially for new comers to the game/site)... maybe like an interactive class.

more_horiz
3 keys to a top tier deck. First is draw power, second is burst or swarming capabilities, and the third is deck consistency.

Exodia decks rarely win because of inconsistency even though they have draw power and swarming is null for the decks.

Frognarach's lose because of no draw power.

Plant synchro beasts because of burst, draw, and consistancy.

Tips on the three, try to throw in a few extra draw cards for draw power. A great combo is 3 reckless greeds, they are more consistent in real duels because of the current ruling that when u activate more than 1 in a chain you still only lose 2 draw phases.

Swarming just depends on the deck type, summoning from hand deck or grave can quickly change the game to one's advantage.

Consistancy is a hard one, but the cookie cutter 3 pot of duality really helps all decks.

more_horiz
http://www.duelacademy.net/t3393-an-in-depth-deck-builder-s-guide-v20

^

All you need to be skilled deck builder. No interactive lessons needed, just time to read and follow the guide.

If things are too hard to do in that article then you have to get more experience in ygo dueling to be able to understand it.

I dont think we need anything similar to this since this man was the best of the best in our community and none can write it like he did so, go and read but before you will have to throw that "tl;dr" into recycle bin.

more_horiz
Well yeah they are all right about experience. that is how most famous duelist learn from. i hate it how duelist these days just only looking for decks that can win instead of finding out how to destroy them. its like everyone is saying "If you can't beat them, join them." I hate it. Also everyone lost there will to make their fav decks. makes me sad just seeing this. Well anyways to make a a great deck, you have to look for a deck that makes it you. your style, your combos, your soul. build that deck and duel. Duel, Duel, Duel. Keep on dueling until you can feel that deck. Feel its combos and strategy. Yeah I know, you might be saying, "WTF are you saying Pabel. What do you think I am, Yugi, Jaden, or Yusei!?" but hey trust me its really true. keep on dueling whether you win or lose. if you lose then learn from it and put in cards you think can help ya deck. if you are dueling in a mirror match then its your chance to learn to make it better. to learn new combos, strategies, and techniques. you should duel my hero deck. 5 years of experience was put in to that deck. anyways gl with building a deck :D

more_horiz
mesh TBH you cant really tech how to buid a deck the best you can to teach some one i suppose is writing a article about buildig a deck but meh a clas about building decks is just meh articles are better to tell you the basics and let you build up from there

more_horiz
Paladiex wrote:

3 Keys?
nononononononono.
How long have you played this game?
I've been playing for what... 7 years? :holysheet:
You're right on a certain number of scales, but all decks don't run on "Swarming" capabilities.
Second... you can't just build a deck of your own.
You have to know all about the draws you will draw, what cards you have in the deck to draw those cards/retrieve them.

.__.
I'm too tired to type anymore... but srs. there are wayyyy more than just 3.

@Mim.
your post was worthless... literally worthless...

more_horiz
ok thanks

more_horiz
This kind of topics are always arguable so to prevent much "smart" posts in here I'll lock it. Everyone who thinks that knows how to build a deck properly I suggest to read that article i linked and then you will know that your knowledge about it could be much better. Even if you know all those things the question is how many times did you open up your probability calculator to see what the math says about your cards and strategies.... Even the pro's have read it and learned from it so no reason for you not to do so, its not a shame, no one needs to know. Its you and the article ^^

Locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum