Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Teaching at DA?

+9
Kira Amadeus
Heatdragon
Sergiu
dragonknight
Twiztid_Chris
simo
Neji Hyuga
Assassin
Jin Kazama
13 posters

pollDo you want to see Teaching at DA?

Yes
95%
No
5%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionTeaching at DA? EmptyTeaching at DA?

more_horiz
As you notice, beside my nametag on the left is "Teaching Administrator". However, this is a discussion on teaching. I'm going to give everyone a few reasons why we should have teaching in the following paragraphs.

Most, if not all Academies do absolutely no teaching. Their membership is tested, placed into dorms, and neglected until they have a certain amount of Points, upon which they get thrown into a higher dorm and neglected again. This is discouraging for those who wish to learn the Yugioh TCG. In addition, it can take students months or years to learn how to get good at the game.

This is where teaching comes into play. Teachers can help students learn what they need to know and get better at the Yugioh TCG. Upon getting better, they know how to duel better, which means they will not only have learned something, but at the same time they will have felt like they accomplished something (via going up a dorm).

I have added a poll, and I encourage discussion, questions, comments, and concerns BEFORE you decide to vote. Do NOT just vote based on this topic's title.

descriptionTeaching at DA? EmptyRe: Teaching at DA?

more_horiz
After that I started becoming moderator or administrator in many places and i got satisfied with my academy life.

I went inactive and came back in October.
I was made moderator in DK.

But i realized my dueling skills were low so I resigned from moderator and started concentrating on improving my dueling.

I read Articles and Checked Card Questions in all forums. And it helped me come this far.

If there is teaching i would say I would have become much better much faster.

I guess its not too late and i am sure i have a lot to learn.

more_horiz
Indeed this is another excellent idea by Tsurin.
My vote =Yes

more_horiz
same goes here
I mean my whole experience in dueling is about 6 or 7 monthes and when I started I was a total noob (yes believe it) so I joined academies like DA, DK and APDA
but I didn't actually learn from them... I learned from reading rulings, articles in [url=netrep.net]netrep.net[/url] and search for any rule that comes in a duel
I learned a lot about deck building just by googling it (which I do a lot)
so I really wanna see teaching in DA and/or any other academy (they are called academies for God's sake) you got my vote and this is a real good idea that will help DA to become better

more_horiz
i would have to say yes. this would be a great idea. to be honest, belive it or not i use to play yugioh back in High school alot an was perty goo, but after my deck was stole i stoped playing, in terms now when i duel, its like i forgot everything i can amite that i do need alot of work getting back into the duelist i was. so Yes this would be a great idea.

more_horiz
With 90% of the votes for teaching classes in DA it is clear that DA members has accepted to attend dueling classes.

Tsurin can begin as soon as he wants.

more_horiz
Great Idea i ll Vote Yes As Simo Said this is an Academy Smile So Teaching is important .

more_horiz
nice idea,il vote for it ^^

more_horiz
The idea is great and it can help duelists to duel better
my vote is of course YES

more_horiz
its a good ideea aknow duelists who would like to learn and need

more_horiz
Yes Tsurin, good idea, completes the idea I gave.
Users all need teaching, and your just the one to teach.

more_horiz
Well an academy is made for that
so my vote goes to yes
Gratz Tsurin for the promotion Smile

more_horiz
i said it before and i'll say it again,what's the purpose of an academy that don't Teach it's student? isn't that the main goal? applying this idea on DA would do a great shot, i approve the idea with a big yes.

Last edited by itachi the criminal on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
me and tsurin had a talk about this when he first joined DA i thought it was an brilliant idea and i still do and like itachi said a purpose of a academy is to teach. so i approve this idea as well

more_horiz
Wow. I was not expecting 95% majority for teaching. I'm going to get started on what needs to be done before we start teaching, but if all goes good we'll have it open in less than a week.

Topic closed, I don't think there needs to be much more discussion.

more_horiz
Archived.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum