Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionTeaching at DA EmptyTeaching at DA

more_horiz
I'm going to bring up a few things that I mentioned to Assassin and have his approval regarding. This is somewhat of a continuation of what Unkown wanted (with regards to a TCG Rulings Team, eventually leading up to a Teaching Team).

You know me as Tsurin. I am the Creator of the Teacher Certification Program (TCP), which will -probably- be the standard of teaching for the future. It is based on knowledge of the Yugioh Trading Card Game, in the form of gameplay, rulings, deck strategy, the KCVDS meta, and deck tiers.

NOTE: This does -not- teach anything about how to build decks, there is a main reason for that. Decks are supposed to be tested before they are determined to be good. In addition, the TCP does not support enough people to have deck testing at present. (In other words, I wouldn't be able to determine if you actually tested with it.) However, it does feature deck fixing (without testing) that is instructive in its own way.

The main goals of the TCP are:
-To teach teachers what to teach and how to teach it, which is supervised by four people who have extensive knowledge about the entire Yugioh TCG.
-To help Academies teach students and help them become better duelists.
-To offer Academies a way to choose teachers that have been trained to be teachers.

The main features of the TCP are:
-A 3-level system designed to help people learn anything from basic to advanced Yugioh Knowledge, in order to teach it effectively
-A way to judge how knowledgable a teacher is

Flaws of the TCP (Just because I listed what it is good at does not mean that there aren't things bad about it):
-Because the majority of teaching cannot be done in a class atmosphere (making classes would be -very- difficult) most is done by articles
-It is a revolutionary idea, meaning not everyone is going to be accepting of it.

I want to offer DA the opportunity to attempt to have teachers. This -will- be replacing the Article Team (because most teaching is done through articles) but a suggestion I have is if we do decide to implement this, we create a new forum: Classes. Classes will be considered optional. The forum itself should be directly below the dorms (in the same section). Classes are meant, of course, to teach. In addition, classes will have some amount of homework. (Most of the homework will be duel testing and answering questions.)

However, there is one small problem with this, and the problem is DA has no need for a fifth Administrator. I feel it necessary to have Administrator powers in order to take on this role, for a couple of reasons. First of all, I would need to hire and fire Teachers (which would be considered staff), secondly because in the event of the Classes not working and failing, I want to take full responsibility, and thirdly, because I am the creator of this program, I know all the workings, inside and out of how it works. Any other Administrator put in charge of it would not have the program ready and in front of them. Finally, because I would be teaching the teachers, it doesn't make sense for someone else to supervise me, who will be supervising the training and execution of teachers.

I'd like to mention a few things to everyone before I say anything more: In the event that DK and DA fight, I will be attempting to stop any and all fighting from occurring, and I will not be taking sides in such a fight. It is sincerely my goal to help each and every Academy as best I can, and each Academy is different, meaning I help them in different ways.

Finally, I wish to mention that Assassin approves of this, regardless of having four Administrators at present.

If there are any questions, comments or concerns regarding this long topic, please post them here and I will get to them as soon as possible, and I thank you for reading this post.

-Tsurin
Article Team Leader

descriptionTeaching at DA EmptyRe: Teaching at DA

more_horiz
I would like to say what Tsurin already mentioned

I know Tsurin as an administrator and I know that he will not be the cause for fights nor will get involved in fights

I accept for Tsurin extending Unkown's idea and launching his old idea of teaching in DA

more_horiz
I completely agree. Users here NEED someone to teach them. Not gameplay. Not strategy. Not deck making. But rules.
All the rules users know is how to play, not why does Solemn Judgment negate Jinzo and why Bottomless can't.

This teaching should take place in Articles topic. Each week or each 3 days post a topic, which is about the rules, that is ignored by users, like Missing the Timing, or Priority, or Spell Speeds, and Synchros and tuners which the users of DA, those who use KCVDS only, do not know of.

more_horiz
No Unkown

How the teaching will take place is not the issue

Tsurin and BCTAU have completely mastered teaching techniques and teach a few DA members about how to teach and what to teach

But first this Major change should be accepted by other staff

more_horiz
I need comments here, from more than two staff members, please.

more_horiz
I absolutely agree with this idea.Teaching will help alot here, I know many duelists who need it and I would be glad to learn something new from Tsurin. So I agree and I hope more people will do it too. Smile

more_horiz
i agree to with the ideea.teaching can help everyon even us the mods or other ranks
its never too late to learn new stuf

more_horiz
Archived.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum