Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDo you collect 1st Edition Cards? EmptyDo you collect 1st Edition Cards?

more_horiz
Yo, I was just wondering do you guys care about your card's edition? 1st or Unlimited. If your a collector then ye i know how you feel Smile but what about when your trading or you really need that card?

I usually don't really care what edition it is, as long as it's playable in games then I'm happy.

Note: If this topic is old or anything feel free to remove it.

descriptionDo you collect 1st Edition Cards? EmptyRe: Do you collect 1st Edition Cards?

more_horiz
I just collect Razz

editions mean nothing to me, but value does :3

what cards I buy I intend to hold onto and maybe (if I don't use) sell/trade later on

descriptionDo you collect 1st Edition Cards? EmptyRe: Do you collect 1st Edition Cards?

more_horiz
Edition does matter to me in various cases when it comes to trading and selling, as a card being 1st ed or unlimited reflects the amount of money you can move the card for.

Theres theres things like 1st ed super rare dark hole and 1st ed Ultra Rare Monster Reborn from Legend Of Blue eyes being worth a lot mint, because you cant find them anymore, all you can find is unlimited, and if you do find first ed they will be damaged most of the time. As well as things like Solemn Judgment from MRD, so yea it matters in those cases. As well as things like Dark Armed from Phantom darkness, where unlimited currently goes for about 30, while 1st eds go for about double than that, depending on who you talk too.

Also, id buy a certain card for more if its 1st ed. Like as a vendor, I pick up 1st ed Tour Guides for about 10 dollars more than unlimited. You can easily make money back on that and people will always want first ed

However what really pisses me off is when trades and sales are being done for mid/small stuff and the person complains that its not first ed. But when it comes to playing I dont care much cause im playing the card in question, not trying to move it, at the time anyway. Like if i need it right away for whatever reason, depending on the reason, im not gonna care much. So yea there are certain cases where I dont care, but when it comes to making money i do

more_horiz
I could care less the edition, as long as I have it tbh.

more_horiz
eh edition doesent matter to me if i buy card online i usually go for the cheapest undamged card i can get which is usually unlimited XD but when trading i dont care about edition cuase if i need the card im going to try and get it >_< no matter its edition

more_horiz
RebornShadow wrote:
Edition does matter to me in various cases when it comes to trading and selling, as a card being 1st ed or unlimited reflects the amount of money you can move the card for.

Theres theres things like 1st ed super rare dark hole and 1st ed Ultra Rare Monster Reborn from Legend Of Blue eyes being worth a lot mint, because you cant find them anymore, all you can find is unlimited, and if you do find first ed they will be damaged most of the time. As well as things like Solemn Judgment from MRD, so yea it matters in those cases. As well as things like Dark Armed from Phantom darkness, where unlimited currently goes for about 30, while 1st eds go for about double than that, depending on who you talk too.

Also, id buy a certain card for more if its 1st ed. Like as a vendor, I pick up 1st ed Tour Guides for about 10 dollars more than unlimited. You can easily make money back on that and people will always want first ed

However what really pisses me off is when trades and sales are being done for mid/small stuff and the person complains that its not first ed. But when it comes to playing I dont care much cause im playing the card in question, not trying to move it, at the time anyway. Like if i need it right away for whatever reason, depending on the reason, im not gonna care much. So yea there are certain cases where I dont care, but when it comes to making money i do

what she/he said.

more_horiz
Well most cards I get in packs or decks are in 1st Edition, I usually keep my cards in the 1st Legendary Collection binder thing and the cards in there are either a good rarity or just ones that barely anyone in our group has like i have all the Destiny Board cards and none of my other friends do, my friend Joe has Jinzo and no one else does.

more_horiz
I don't normally care unless its limited edition then i trade them for a little
more unless i really need the card i am trading for

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply