Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch

+13
BlackLeg-Sanji
brandy263
Nuran
Echizen Ryoma
Guardian Grarl
NEMESIS
Jaden_Yuki--
Dr. Bob
coolkiller362
jimmythebass
Scyler23
Eheroduelist
Amy Kool
17 posters

descriptionDuels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch EmptyDuels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch

more_horiz
Duels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch 2rztid2

Long ago, when the pyramids were still young, Egyptian kings played a game of great and terrible power. They did battle with magic and monsters for riches and glory. From these Shadow games erupted a war that threatened to destroy the world. Until a brave and powerful Pharaoh locked the dark magic away, imprisoning it for all eternity within the mystical Millennium items. But even the eternity doesn't last forever.
Duels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch 16gj19j

Medieval Time. The age of pirates, vessels, cards and duels. World government never had so much problems fighting criminals. Many duelists around the world become pirates to search for power that lies in cards in order to achieve whatever they want. The Navy works hard on a successful way to end the pirate era once for all. However, they were unlucky in finding a solution for past few years.
Duels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch 2j3nwhc

It is year 1672. 58 duelists from Northern Levania, a town located at the American coast, boarded on a ship to compete in the tournament which is going to be held in Marseille, France. Unfortunately, a storm wrecked their ship and only 32 duelists survived. They stranded on a beach of an unknown island located somewhere in the Caribbean.

Duels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch 8xk4ro

:: TECHNICAL DETAILS ::

( 1 ) This event uses plot as background to make it look more interesting. Plot does not reveal all things at once. Sometimes it can go chronological, sometimes retrospective and sometimes neither of those. None of questions related to plot itself will be answered. If something is not clear to you, we wanted it that way and never ask for explanations because they will come with time.

( 2 ) Event structure is composed of a story that will be played by duelists. Story sets up environment and other scenes.

( 3 ) Applications will have rules. They will depend on exact situation. In general, Dorms will be key for applications. This means some of you will not be able to sign up for some positions (example: Boss) if you are not in required Dorm. Tournaments and other events may also be sometimes a key for taking a position to play.

( 4 ) Battle setup will be result of story. Concept is that story introduces a scene where characters will be left to continue the story and make their decisions and strategies.

( 5 ) Story may continue or not. That depends on few factors. One of them is interest of people in this event. Also if someone is unable to play no matter what reasons, this event is not going to wait and will replace that duelist.

( 6 ) Dueling system that will be used by default is Dueling Network. However if both duelists agree and want to use other dueling system, they can use it but they take all consequences for problems that may occur.

Duelists that survived woke up at the shore trying to figure out what happened. Last thing they remember was that storm. They decided to go separately and that way increase their chances for being spotted and rescued by someone. Only thing that they found were written messages which stated that only 4 of them will survive. The 4 with most duels won. And this is how the Deathmatch began. Duelists started to fight with each other in order to survive, not knowing who is responsible for all this. But, one thing is sure, you do everything to stay alive...
Duels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch W0gdht

:: GAMEPLAY RULES ::

( 1 ) 32 duelists will be enough to start the event.

( 2 ) Deathmatch means all duelists will have one life and they are free to duel anyone. Winning results in increase of your win count but losing results in excluding you from the event. If you stall and don't duel, keep in mind that others will duel and get their win count up. Only 4 with most wins will be the winners of this event.

( 3 ) Duels will be Matches, best 2/3. Format is Advanced TCG by following latest September 2011 Banlist (non-TCG cards not allowed). Side decking is allowed. Deck change is allowed after played match.

( 4 ) Trying to avoid the rules by finding flaws in existing ones will result in new emergency rules to handle those abuses.

( 5 ) Rewards for 4 Winners:

If your rank is Slifer -> You get upgrade to Ra + 1000 DP
If your rank is Ra -> 1000 DP + Secret Gift + if you have most wins from 4 winners -> You get upgrade to Obelisk
If you are Obelisk -> 3000 DP + Secret Gift
If you are Abandoned -> 3000 DP + Secret Gift

( 6 ) Contact is via our main hamachi network: 081-226-743 Password: DA and DN Private Message system.

( 7 ) Sign up here: http://www.duelacademy.net/t10142-sign-ups-episode-1#78806

::Monkey3::

descriptionDuels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch EmptyRe: Duels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch

more_horiz
:: THE DEATHMATCH ::

Add these duelists as friends on DN. When you see someone online try to duel. If you lose, you are eliminated from The Deathmatch. If you win, your win count increases. It goes like this until we have 4 duelists with most wins. Hurry up before someone else takes takes the lead.

You will duel by the following rules:

1. Format is Advanced TCG by following latest September 2011 Banlist (non-TCG cards not allowed).
2. Duels are Matches, best 2/3.
3. Side decking is allowed.
4. Deck change is allowed after played match.

List of Duelists
DN Name GMT Wins
Jaden_yuki-- +4 4
Heyhoe +1 -
Eheroduelist -4 1
coolkiller362 -5 X
brandy263 +11 Withdraw
kyoya123 +9 -
Bettrayer +2 X
ReDWurm -6 -
falco797 +5 -
Dr. Bob -8 X
J_BYYX +2 -
someone_else -7 2
Ceodore -6 X
TS Edward -3 -
BlackLeg-Sanji +2 1
ultimajvdeath - -
IXI Bankai IXI -8 X
Amaretsu -5 1
elijahkwanxy +8 -
Frozenlake -8 X
scyler23 -5 X
Dbz rocks hard2 -6 Ban
JOSHO178 0 -
Makori -5 1
Mugen Daas 0 1
Nuran -5 X

You must record your matches here in this thread (One posts for example: "PlayerA 2:1 PlayerB" and the other one confirms it). If you don't do it, your match does not count. Take a screenshot of your win in DN so that if the other player does not confirm you have a proof. Do not discuss or ask things here. If you need then do it here: http://www.duelacademy.net/t10144-discussions-of-monkey-island.

Good Luck and make sure you duel to survive!

Last edited by Amy Cool on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 6 times in total

descriptionDuels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch EmptyRe: Duels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch

more_horiz
Won against Scyler23 2-0

ggz broski

more_horiz
Confirm

more_horiz
I beat coolkiller362 2-0. ggz.

more_horiz
confirmed

more_horiz
I just beat Dr. Bob 2-1 (because he said he'd give me the win if he lost connection before starting r3, which I'm assuming is what happened). ggz though.

Also,
Amy Cool wrote:
Hurry up before someone else takes takes the lead.

I just thought this was funny because DA is the only forum I'm on that I haven't used someone_else as a username, and now I'm pretty sure that I'm in the lead.

more_horiz
Yeah, I disconnected. Confirmed though.

more_horiz
Arrr, i beat bettrayer 2-0. The crutch hopping cod fish cuddler tried to stab me in the back. (Translation: good games man lol i had fun XD) just kidding around lol. ggs

more_horiz
WARNING: Dbz rocks hard2, you want to test DA's patience or what? You just continue to post wrong and waste our time to give you warnings and delete your inappropriate posts. 7 days ban and I am excluding you from this event since I have a feeling you will not play fairly like you don't do it here with simple posts.

more_horiz
I won vs Ceodore 2-0. Good games!

more_horiz
^That's right. Confirmed.

more_horiz
Lost vs Makori 1-2. Always with the bad hands during Game 3 Razz

descriptionDuels of Monkey Island: The Deathmatch Emptywinner

more_horiz
i won mine

Makori Vs Amaretsu
Makori won 2-1

more_horiz
I don't know how long i can keep up the pirate speak but i beat makori 2-0. ggs

more_horiz
Won against nuran 2-0. man so many challenges today! XD those were great games tho!

more_horiz
confirms

more_horiz
sorry my computers not working so im gonna have to drop out Sad

more_horiz
Won vs that Bankai dude 2-0

1 Win

will edit this post of my results

more_horiz
confirmed.

more_horiz
Jaden_yuki-- wrote:
Arrr, i beat bettrayer 2-0. The crutch hopping cod fish cuddler tried to stab me in the back. (Translation: good games man lol i had fun XD) just kidding around lol. ggs

confirm

more_horiz
So is this dead, should I reset it or you people will play it? I will leave it for 2-3 days more and if I see no activity here I'll reset it and give other people a chance to rank up.

more_horiz
I won against frozen lake. Gg's dude! =)

more_horiz
ya gg Smile

more_horiz
mugen daas beat me 2-0. ggz

more_horiz
Since this will not be active anytime soon, I decided to end the deathmatch and declare winners according to the current standings so we can move on with this.

4 Winners:

Jaden_yuki-- (4 Wins)
Eheroduelist (1 Wins)
BlackLeg-Sanji (1 Wins)
Mugen Daas (1 Wins)

Rewards:

Jaden_yuki-- => 1000 DP + Upgrade to Ra (if you accept upgrade you are no longer leader of Slifers)

Etheroduelist => 1000 DP + Upgrade to Ra

BlackLeg-Sanji => 1000 DP + Secret Gift

Mugen Daas => 1000 DP + Upgrade to Ra

more_horiz
Start a new one >_< i got my DN back and wanna DUEEEEEEEEEL!

more_horiz
Started it already, nub.

more_horiz
Where O_O

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum