Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDuels of Monkey Island: On the Shore EmptyDuels of Monkey Island: On the Shore

more_horiz
Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore 153pwki

Long ago, when the pyramids were still young, Egyptian kings played a game of great and terrible power. They did battle with magic and monsters for riches and glory. From these Shadow games erupted a war that threatened to destroy the world. Until a brave and powerful Pharaoh locked the dark magic away, imprisoning it for all eternity within the mystical Millennium items. But even the eternity doesn't last forever.
Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore 16gj19j

Medieval Time. The age of pirates, vessels, cards and duels. World government never had so much problems fighting criminals. Many duelists around the world become pirates to search for power that lies in cards in order to achieve whatever they want. The Navy works hard on a successful way to end the pirate era once for all. However, they were unlucky in finding a solution for past few years.
Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore 2j3nwhc

It is year 1672. 27 duelists from Northern Levania, a town located at the American coast, boarded on a ship to compete in the tournament which is going to be held in Marseille, France. Unfortunately, a storm wrecked their ship and only 8 duelists survived. They stranded on a beach of an unknown island located somewhere in the Caribbean.

Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore 8xk4ro

TECHNICAL DETAILS

( 1 ) This event uses plot as background to make it look more interesting. Plot does not reveal all things at once. Sometimes it can go chronological, sometimes retrospective and sometimes neither of those. None of questions related to plot itself will be answered. If something is not clear to you, we wanted it that way and never ask for explanations because they will come with time.

( 2 ) Event structure is composed of a story that will be played by duelists. Story sets up environment and other scenes.

( 3 ) Story will introduce teams. One team will be protagonist and other team will be antagonist. This is just a general form. It can change during the event and reform. Also some new forms may be introduced if their time comes. Teams will be composed of their leader and members. This is also a general form and can be changed. Teams will be played by duelists.

( 4 ) Applications will be opened for every team. There will be sign up rules too. They will depend on exact situation. In general, Dorms will be key for applications. This means some of you will not be able to sign up for positions like being a leader of one team if you are not in required Dorm. Tournaments and other events may also be sometimes a key for taking a position to play.

( 5 ) Battle setup will be result of story. Concept is that story introduces a scene where teams will be left to continue the story and make their decisions and strategies. There will be a picture of scene where locations of teams will be marked as well as each member of those teams individually.

( 6 ) Story may continue or not. That depends on few factors. One of them is interest of people in this event. Another is how teams end their battles. Story follows protagonists in general and if they fail to defeat antagonists of one scene they will be dismissed, more precisely it is game over for them. Applications will be opened again for that team and other teams will be same since they won. If protagonists win they advance to next part of story, teams that lost will be dismissed and applications for them will be opened again. Also if someone is unable to play no matter what reasons, this event is not going to wait and will replace that duelist.

( 7 ) Gameplay and rules will not be familiar most of time. This means you will not get them at once, they will be introduced during this event step by step so that you have no clue what comes next. This will give better feeling and make this event look more realistic to its story. You will have to be prepared to anything, think and plan your strategy when you don't know what comes next. Your misplays can cost you the game so an advice would be to think conservatively when you make your moves. Team's strategy could bring you success more than the duels individually.

( 8 ) Dueling system that will be used by default is Dueling Network. However if both duelists agree and want to use other dueling system, they can use it but they take all consequences for problems that may occur.

Duelists that survived woke up at the shore trying to figure out what happened. Last thing they remember was that storm. In the meantime unknown man spotted them and started to cry out loud "Intruders!!!". He disappeared before they could locate him. It was obvious that something is wrong and someone doesn't want them on this island. Leo, one of the best duelists from survivors, suggested to hide in forest before they get into trouble.
Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore W0gdht

Code Name: Leo
Description: He lives in Northern Levania, a town located at the American coast. He is one of the best duelists there. To prove his dueling skills, he made a choice to compete in a big tournament which would grant him glory and bring more opportunities.

Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore 2nquwdk
Code Name: Montago the Law
Description: Leader of a criminal group that brings terror to people. They demolish everything in their way and rule over several islands in the Caribbean. Their location is always unknown. He never leaves his victims alive. People say that once you enter a duel with him you either kill him or get killed.

Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore 2rx9y76

TEAM A

Boss:
1x Abandoned
Members:
3x Obelisk
2x Ra
2x Slifer

TEAM B

Boss:
1x KratoS (To accept this position Sign up)
1x Abandoned (In case KratoS denies position)
Members:
3x Obelisk
3x Ra
3x Slifer

Staff counts as any dorm, so they can sign up for every position.

Never ask why you are accepted or denied. Mostly first person that sign ups with fulfilled requirements will be accepted and so on, but it doesn't have to be the case.

HAMACHI NETS

TEAM A members
net: monkeyisland-a
pass: no pass

TEAM B members
net: monkeyisland-b

BATTLE (Join only if you are about to duel)
net: monkeyisland-vs

TURN ZERO: Initial Setup

TEAM A (8 members)

1x Boss (Leo)
7x Members (Duelists)

Decks:
Boss:
1x Gravekeeper
Members:
1x Blue Eyes White Dragon (all around this card deck)
1x Doppel-Plants (Plant Synchro with Doppelwarrior)
1x Archfiend (Checkmate or non-Checkmate)
1x Counter Fairy
1x Blackwing (pure)
1x Dark World (pure or hybrid)
1x Elemental Hero (pure, no Light-Beat versions or such things)

TEAM B (10 members)

1x Boss (Montago the Law)
9x Members (Duelists)

Decks:
Boss:
1x X-Saber
Members:
1x Dinosaur (pure)
1x Beast (pure)
1x Amazoness (pure or hybrid)
1x Crystal Beast
1x Evil Hero Gaia OTK
1x Dragunity
1x Insect (pure)
1x Junk and Debris (in space)
1x Nordic

TURN 1

TEAM A - TASK

Boss: Firestorm (Leo)
Members: Sasori ( 1 ), mumakil ( 2 ), Pilover ( 3 ), Sephiroth ( 4 ), Anzo ( 5 ), Evil_Bakura ( 6 ), DrakonEX ( 7 )

Join hamachi net: "monkeyisland-a" with no pass

This will be your teams hamachi net where you together plan your strategies and discuss what you need.

Leo's task 1: Assign decks to teams members. You can talk with them too for opinions and such things. You will send list with decks assigned to your crew via PM to me, not here.

Leo's task 2: On the picture given below are empty spots where you can place your crew. You will examine the picture and find out strategy where to place your members. As you can see at some places you can put more members and on others less. Team's B spots are invisible to you so you must think ahead where they should be. Think as you are in the real jungle where Team B is the predator.

Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore W2hxlh

Technical details: Save the picture to your PC. Open it in some image editor like Paint. Then make numbers at empty spots you want to put your crew. Numbers on picture match the numbers your members have. New picture with marked numbers on empty spots you will upload at www.tinypic.com. Then you will send me the link via PM, not here.

TEAM B - TASK

Boss: KratoS (Montago the Law)
Members: Shadow ( 1 ), FeelTheStar ( 2 ), Placido ( 3 ), Wh0_ar3_y0u ( 4 ), Moody ( 5 ), vem123 ( 6 ), Atlus ( 7 ), hovhannes ( 8 ), DesignerDrugs ( 9 )

Join hamachi net: "monkeyisland-b" with no pass

This will be your teams hamachi net where you together plan your strategies and discuss what you need.

Montago the Law's task 1: Assign decks to teams members. You can talk with them too for opinions and such things. You will send list with decks assigned to your crew via PM to me, not here.

NOTIFICATION: Both Bosses post here when you are done or if you have some issues.

TURN 2

TEAM B - TASK

Join hamachi net: "monkeyisland-b" with no pass (those who still didn't do it)

Montago the Law's task 1: On the picture given below are empty spots where you can place your crew. You will examine the picture and find out strategy where to place your members. As you can see at some places you can put more members and on others less. Team's A spots are visible to you so you have advantage over them, which is logical considering it is your terrain. NOTICE: the places with "X" marked on them are forbidden for yourself, Montago.

Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore 2a4zc4k

Technical details: Save the picture to your PC. Open it in some image editor like Paint. Then make numbers at empty spots you want to put your crew. Numbers on picture match the numbers your members have. New picture with marked numbers on empty spots you will upload at www.tinypic.com. Then you will send me the link via PM, not here. You don't have to make it look good since final picture will be made by me again.

TURN 3: The Duel

Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore V79wrb

Team123456789
ASasoriMumakilPiloverSephirothAnzoEvil_BakuraDrakonEX
BAtlusMoodyhovhannesDesigner DrugsPlacidoShadowFeel the starVem123Who_ar3_ you

Duelists whose numbers are near each other will meet in a duel by the following rules:

1. Match duels
2. FE Format
3. Every duelist must use deck which is assigned to them
4. No Side decking

Match-ups

a1, a2 VS b6

a3, a7 VS b3

a4, a5 VS b4, b9, b8

You duel like complete 3 different battles by the order that can be seen on the picture given above.

BATTLE HAMACHI

net: monkeyisland-vs

Post your duel records/confirmations here: http://www.duelacademy.net/t8917-battlefield.

NOTIFICATION: Do not post in this topic if you are not allowed to.

Last edited by Amy Cool on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:06 am; edited 16 times in total

descriptionDuels of Monkey Island: On the Shore EmptyRe: Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore

more_horiz
Update: TURN 1 posted.

descriptionDuels of Monkey Island: On the Shore EmptyRe: Duels of Monkey Island: On the Shore

more_horiz
Notification to task 1: firestorm completed Task 1 for Team A. KratoS few days already passed since Task 1 was posted and you still did not PM be list of Members-Decks (decklists are not needed just member's name and deck name he will use). This is warning to you since Monkeys doesn't wait.

Notification: Deadlines for this event will not be set, but if you, inactive players, open DA site one day and find yourself excluded from this event do not ask why. Wink

more_horiz
Did Kratos die or something ? because I regularly see him on hamachi .

more_horiz
alredy sent my list to amy idk what happend to her

more_horiz
Sorry guys I was busy these days and yesterday I was writing that article so I'll post soon the next task Wink

more_horiz
Sorry if i spam but is this even still on? Iv been waiting for more than a week now to duel for this.

more_horiz
Lol, I appologize again I'll try to do it today.

EDIT:

Update: TURN 2 posted.

more_horiz
Update: TURN 3 posted.

more_horiz
Match-ups

a1, a2 VS b6

I am the one next to circle 1 and 2, but I'm a6, not b6.

So I duel number 1 first, and then number 2?

more_horiz
You are A6 Bakura. You can see your position in the picture is nor near any battle that is going on in TURN 3, which means you are a joker card for later :D

I think I will make some changes in that picture so everyone gets clearer image.

more_horiz
Ahhh, so I'm the blue one. I see.

more_horiz
If you could start this, even one duel it would be okay. Seems like people are only active when I'm not updating it lol.

KratoS and firestorm you two are bosses so force your crews a bit to duel :D

First round is

Sasori vs Shadow

DrakonEX vs hovhannes

Anzo vs Designer Drugs

Last edited by Amy Cool on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
I have informed my crew about that but didn't know Anzo should be the first one will contact him soon .
About Drakon he has been looking for Blitz for 3 days but without any success same for Fliper since Shadow ain't even in the network

more_horiz
Its okay I just needed to see if you guys forgot it or still trying to duel Wink

EDIT: Blitz swapped out for hovhannes. So this means DrakonEX you dont need to find Blitz anymore now go and find hovhannes :D

more_horiz
how do u dule

more_horiz
how do u dule

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum