Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionNew skin ideas EmptyNew skin ideas

more_horiz
So Lux asked me a couple days ago whether I was thinking about making a new skin or not.

Well, I am thinking of making a new skin though I won't be able to finish one in similar speed to how much time i take to finish any skin. It usually takes about two weeks to a month, though with my current schedule it's a month to six weeks or so - maybe even longer.

I can dedicate like 30 minute online nowadays so making a skin isn't really something I would be able to accomplish quite quickly. Though we're on no hurry here. If anyone has any ideas, thoughts, preferences, suggestions, opinions, etc about our next skin and how it should be then you may share them here in this topic.

~Cheers

descriptionNew skin ideas EmptyRe: New skin ideas

more_horiz
Bring back the white skin!

Inb4 everyone screams NO! At me New skin ideas 3974120512

more_horiz
I actually want a white skin too lol

more_horiz
White skin! And some flash animation and shit. Make it look 2017. And bring back the portal.

more_horiz
Staxx wrote:
White skin! And some flash animation and shit. Make it look 2017. And bring back the portal.

The portal is coming.

more_horiz
I was thinking a hybrid of black and white as duel primary-colored skin.

more_horiz
If it's white, don't make it like the last one...it was burning my eyes and I wasn't even that online at the time.

more_horiz
White Power ranger! New skin ideas 3974120512

Yeah as much as I loved the old white skin the white used was abit much lol so a less harsh white would be good just to give DA a fresh futuristic feeling and will go better with are banner. So like primary white with secondary blue and black.

more_horiz
Noted

more_horiz
are you going to upgrade the site to the new ModernBB @anzo

more_horiz
That would require changing many of our JS. Probably going to keep the current version or switch to PunBB.

Though I'm surely considering it.

more_horiz
So here is an update on the situation.

I've been messing around with ModernBB for the last couple of days, and even though it's quite good looking and easy on the eye, however I must say that once it's fully released then probably everyone is going to use it. It doesn't require anything beyond a click of a button. DA always been different, and for that, we won't be going with ModernBB.

I'm already onto something, and already half way through it - though, with my vacation ending tomorrow and with me going back to regular work schedule, progress is going to be slower.

For the meantime, those who want to help could search the internet for templates or site samples they like or some features they believe we could have and post it here in this topic.

Note: Primary colors are going to be black and white, sub-colors are going to be green, blue and red. Don't ask how or why; they're going to look perfect, no worries.

more_horiz
no this is not a template obv :

so something with dis feeling

more_horiz
ModernBB is looking to be a pain in the ass regardless. Mainly due to most of the usermade content for forummotion being supported in their other versions mostly. So good choice there :D

If I'm picturing the colors you're using correctly then I'm going to say I like where it's going.

As for forum layouts I've always loved how this layout looks.

https://i.imgur.com/S96bILh.png

Or what GFXR has which is sort of like here right now just.. better?
Just yknow.. add a sigline cuz without one it looks dumb
https://i.imgur.com/sfag9Zf.png

more_horiz
A couple of late suggestions. I like what I've read so far. If the new skin will include white, then make it colorful. Colors are exciting and fresh. Too dark is too boring. Too white is too boring.

more_horiz
dark forums are so 2008, also can you make mobile version look better?

more_horiz
^I mean when you have a 24inch monitor the white or light colors tend to bother the eyes. Darker color on a forum is much more pleasing to look at.

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
ModernBB is looking to be a pain in the ass regardless. Mainly due to most of the usermade content for forummotion being supported in their other versions mostly. So good choice there :D

If I'm picturing the colors you're using correctly then I'm going to say I like where it's going.

As for forum layouts I've always loved how this layout looks.

https://i.imgur.com/S96bILh.png

Or what GFXR has which is sort of like here right now just.. better?
Just yknow.. add a sigline cuz without one it looks dumb
https://i.imgur.com/sfag9Zf.png

I can already imagine different possibilities with these samples. I'll give it a shot.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply