Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

New Skin!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+9
Pepchoninga
Galaksii
faervel
Omega Ophion
CrimsonOverlord
Lux
Atticus
DMK
Anzo
13 posters

descriptionNew Skin! EmptyNew Skin!

more_horiz
Spoiler :

Greeings, minions.

As some of you might've already noticed, we've actually gotten ourselves a new dark theme. I believe the majority here weren't much into the white one, and as part of our job, we sought to give the majority what they asked for: a dark theme. Though keep in mind this is a one-man work, and as busy as I was when creating the skin, I'm surely to have skipped few areas unnoticed, so in the next couple of days you might come across some areas of the forum that doesn't really "fit" with other areas - though it's work noting the staffers were of great help in providing me with their insights. But, I promise you I'll do my best to finish these areas as soon as my time allows it. If you encounter anything like that, then let me know.

Now, to talk about the skin itself. It's obviously 'dark', and with that we had to change a couple of things, such as Ranks and Images around the forum. Those who have 'Custom Ranks' can order a new rank from our shops to match the current them we've gotten, and you get your updated rank for free as well. And those who have a normal rank won't have to do anything, the images are updated on their own, so cheers.

Index: Now, I made a couple of interesting changes to the Index, and before you judge it; experience it for a while. I removed the widgets from the side and placed it on the top, right beneath our logo, and this is interesting. I believe a lot of you here are accustomed to the widget on the right side which we used to have, so this is an entirely new experience for a lot of you. I believe people hate change deep down inside, so this might not be plausible from your perspective, but the top widgets are here to stay regardless of how you feel about it.  Another thing is that we've added a 'Recent Tournaments' widget which will automatically update itself whenever a new tournament is hosted; however, when we tested the code on the test website it was great and all, but here we're having a bit of troubles adapting it to our needs, so the code won't work properly for now - you can surely notice the topics showing aren't just recent tournaments, but globally pinned topics as well. I've requested support from Forumotion to aid me with this, so It shouldn't take more than just a day to get it fixed.

Topics List: They basically remained the same, with a small addition of 'Topic Preview' button, which is represented by icon. It should appear like this from your PC/Laptops: http://prntscr.com/c1s3qb

Categories and Forums: Each forum has a unique image to represent them, some doesn't simply because they don't need one. Also the forums are now similar to a list where they're not divided by a category header. It looks neat and easy on the eye. Let me know how you feel about this.

I don't want to make this another wall of text, so I'll probably stop here and let you guys explore everything else for yourselves. Make sure you let me know if you've gotten anything which can help improve the new skin, I'm all ears to positive recommendations.

And one last time, as I said, this is an unfinished work. We still have a lot hidden which we were short on time and couldn't get it done. So expect a couple of new features in the next few days.

~Cheers

descriptionNew Skin! EmptyRe: New Skin!

more_horiz
Chatbox colors look weird. The red is pink... This is unfair! I want pink! D:<

more_horiz
Bravo, bravo. The white theme was atrocious.

more_horiz
It looks excellent. Well done.

more_horiz
My eyes can get some eye candy again ;--; best theme

more_horiz
Personally i preferred the white theme..... please dont hate me because of that but I am sure i will get used to this one and love it eventually

more_horiz
Omega Ophion wrote:
Personally i preferred the white theme..... please dont hate me because of that but I am sure i will get used to this one and love it eventually

Consider yourself slayed ophion

more_horiz
I am fan of both skins, I gotta say that I like dark skin more. 

I love the simplyness of the white skin, but dark skin though looks overally just better.

more_horiz
I like white skins in general as well @Omega Ophion but as I said, this was what the majority wanted.

more_horiz
>Yellow looks awesome here
>My avi(I HAD MISSED IT SO MUCH) looks awesome here(Just realized how I went back to mekakucity after 2years New Skin! 3974120512 )
I can't complain
Though it'd be great if there was a way to change typing bg color...2hard2type4Ras.

more_horiz
What do you mean typing 'BG' color? It looks fine here.

The BG is white and color is black: http://prntscr.com/c22ina

more_horiz
Can you make yellow little bit more.[size=31].yellow? I feel like this one is little combination of black&yellow.[/size]

[size=31]You got me...? New Skin! 3974120512 [/size]

more_horiz
That BBCode is messed up man.

more_horiz
Not my fault :/

I have told you how it messes up on my phone.

more_horiz
Then don't use the preset ones, type it in manually, similar to this:

Code:

[color="yellow"]This is yellow[/color]

This is yellow

more_horiz
Put that yellow for Ra New Skin! 3974120512

more_horiz
Oh, you mean the group colours. I thought you were talking about post colours.

more_horiz
Nah, group colors New Skin! 3974120512

more_horiz
Better?

I sharpened up all groups colours, not only Ra's.

more_horiz
Yep, a lot better.

more_horiz
Why can't I find Pink Basement here? :<

more_horiz
@Anzo can you put more topics into latest topics? I feel like 12 is just too small and things get lost too easily.

more_horiz
Sadly It's maxed out for the narrow space we've got there, It's one of the disadvantages of having a widget on top.

Though, I'm sure If you use the navigation-assistance links - or that's how I refer to them - located beneath the widget, you shouldn't lose teack of topics. They're the wide orange-ish links.

more_horiz
Can chatbox colors get fixed? They look terrible.

And why isn't YouTube widget not working? When I host a link the video is broke. @Linda-Senpai can relate to the problem.

more_horiz
Yeah slifer color in the chatbox looks pink...

more_horiz
I'm aware of all of this, but I've been extremely busy the last couple of weeks and couldn't find time to fix the ChatBox. I'll get to it ASAP.

more_horiz
Take your time, Anzo. It's pissing off all the Obelisk Blue oldies, because they all wanted to be in the Pink dorm. So I'm enjoying it.

more_horiz
OOoo, yes honay, twerk dat' dark theme
*Sexy Pose*

more_horiz
Jeez people who the hell is this sexy gal...

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Jeez people who the hell is this sexy gal...

HOnnnay, you don't know THE YARN TETHERS,

Oh my, I need to leave longer impressions <3

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply