Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

NEW YU-GI-OH SERIES

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+15
Set 5 Pass
Centrik
username290
Neji
Train
psychoturtle
Lux
Atticus
DDS
Staxx
Epic Furry
Bladecharge
CrimsonOverlord
Galaksii
PaNiCMaKeRz
19 posters

descriptionNEW YU-GI-OH SERIES - Page 2 EmptyNEW YU-GI-OH SERIES

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Starting from April of 2017, we're getting a new YGO series. This time the plot is setting in high school and new protagonist's name is Yusaku Fujiki.

NEW YU-GI-OH SERIES - Page 2 GyDbOfV

Remember 5D's and how dueling on bikes seemed so new and futuristic? Well, these guys will duel eachother on motherfucking HOWERBOARDS!!! 

NEW YU-GI-OH SERIES - Page 2 O6dK004

I'm not sure what's the name of this series but get ready for new cards, archetypes and new boss monster with 2500 ATK points. What are your opinions on this? I'm not really into YGO Anime since end of the GX series but this looks crazy enough, right?

descriptionNEW YU-GI-OH SERIES - Page 2 EmptyRe: NEW YU-GI-OH SERIES

more_horiz
DDS wrote:
They're making a sixth series?!

I still haven't gotten around to watching 5Ds..lmao

Same

more_horiz
I stopped giving a damn after GX

more_horiz
Lol, I watched some 5Ds and it was quite fun. Tho time didn't allow me to go past 50th episode. I am planning on finishing Arc-V since it's a damn good story ^^

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
I dont really get why people moan about pendulums. Only 1 or 2 decks topped with them, the other top decks didnt even use this mechanic. The only thing that made pendulum so scary and cancerous to people was PEPE the one and only deck to ever be competitive with pendulums. Oh right majispecters were a thing for like a month too

Guess we gonna ignore that Qliphorts ever existed :D
DDS wrote:
They're making a sixth series?!

I still haven't gotten around to watching 5Ds..lmao

We missed nothing

more_horiz
Majespecters are like the most annoying deck for me in the whole entire world...

And yeah as a person who did run Qlis for a time (Screwing people with first turn Towers was so fun and easy lol) I will admit they were quit the threat for a long time.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
I dont really get why people moan about pendulums. Only 1 or 2 decks topped with them, the other top decks didnt even use this mechanic. The only thing that made pendulum so scary and cancerous to people was PEPE the one and only deck to ever be competitive with pendulums. Oh right majispecters were a thing for like a month too

full power pepe lasted for 2 weeks, nerfed pepe lasted for a couple of months, qliphort lasted for like 3 banlists lol

more_horiz
hope the new mechanic is more flexible and adaptable to old decks, maybe toons will finally see a raise in playability again?

more_horiz
Train wrote:
hope the new mechanic is more flexible and adaptable to old decks, maybe toons will finally see a raise in playability again?

Toons got decent support not so long ago as well as Crystal Beasts. It's nothing special but they're playable again

more_horiz
I'm not sure they'll have a new mechanic. If they do though, I anticipate it won't be monster-based. Perhaps some kind of 'spell/trap xyz' function, overlaying two continuous spells or continuous traps into a new one that retains previous abilities, as well as adding something upon detach.

more_horiz
All of this would make the game too complicated. Spels and Traps are not really made to be messed with that much imo, it's enough that we got half spells, half monster cards (Pendulums). 

@Train Toons can be decent but unfortunately they still lack that speed. They are verry easily countered and if you don't open well you are pretty dead. 

@Galaksii since when did Crystal Beasts become playable NEW YU-GI-OH SERIES - Page 2 3974120512

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
All of this would make the game too complicated. Spels and Traps are not really made to be messed with that much imo, it's enough that we got half spells, half monster cards (Pendulums). 

@Train Toons can be decent but unfortunately they still lack that speed. They are verry easily countered and if you don't open well you are pretty dead. 

@Galaksii since when did Crystal Beasts become playable NEW YU-GI-OH SERIES - Page 2 3974120512

TCG still hasn't recieved that support, I don't know what happened in OCG though, they got those pendulums. I even forgot what they do...

more_horiz
Well I saw some videos of the deck in action. It just lacks the good combo plays and the power plays. It's just that decks like Toons and like CB either can't be made competiive or need to be given a completely new base.

more_horiz
Alikay had pretty killer Crystal Beasts, he was combining them with everything. Fluffals, Shaddolls, Dragon Rulers, Ninjas. It was a pleasure to watch him play...

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Bookingly wrote:
idk about arc v but number of episodes of DM to Zexal was getting less n less, so that's a thing

Also so far as things revealed: The MC doesnt like to stand out and its a plain n normal guy (with that hair? LIEZ oh wait its YGO nvm but yeah its the setting) (inb4 hand fetish serial killer bomberman MkII reincarnation CHET?), and the main theme is "to steop one step out and TRY" I feel like TRY (TORAI) will be a new phrase for EGAO....heh ._.

Im just a normal guy who wants to live a peaceful live without any disturbance.....KILLA QUEEN DAISAN BAKUDAN BITSUA DASUTO

Yet is a mass murdered who blows people up.

Ah gotta love JoJo's
Instead of calling for help, they just yell at the enemy while their friends are too deaf to hear them :DDD

more_horiz
Asuna wrote:
I'm not sure they'll have a new mechanic. If they do though, I anticipate it won't be monster-based. Perhaps some kind of 'spell/trap xyz' function, overlaying two continuous spells or continuous traps into a new one that retains previous abilities, as well as adding something upon detach.

well even if the new mechanic is more s/t based then monster based we can still expect that new 2500/2000 boss monster. because that's been the tradition from gx right?... right?

more_horiz
username290 wrote:
Asuna wrote:

well even if the new mechanic is more s/t based then monster based we can still expect that new 2500/2000 boss monster. because that's been the tradition from gx right?... right?

from the original ygo*

more_horiz
username290 wrote:
Asuna wrote:

Dark/Black Magician
Elemental HERO Neos
Stardust Dragon
Number 39: Utopia
Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
...and the one we're waiting for

more_horiz
Another weird hair kiddo.

more_horiz
Lol he is at least better then Yuya NEW YU-GI-OH SERIES - Page 2 3974120512

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Bookingly wrote:
idk about arc v but number of episodes of DM to Zexal was getting less n less, so that's a thing

Also so far as things revealed: The MC doesnt like to stand out and its a plain n normal guy (with that hair? LIEZ oh wait its YGO nvm but yeah its the setting) (inb4 hand fetish serial killer bomberman MkII reincarnation CHET?), and the main theme is "to steop one step out and TRY" I feel like TRY (TORAI) will be a new phrase for EGAO....heh ._.

Im just a normal guy who wants to live a peaceful live without any disturbance.....KILLA QUEEN DAISAN BAKUDAN BITSUA DASUTO

Ah gotta love JoJo's
Instead of calling for help, they just yell at the enemy while their friends are too deaf to hear them :DDD

mfw one block away, explosions going off everywhere.....huh guess josuke overslept . SMFH

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Neji wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Bookingly wrote:

Ah gotta love JoJo's

mfw one block away, explosions going off everywhere.....huh guess josuke overslept . SMFH

Exactly what I mean by part 4 is unhehable lol

but anyways new phrase for new YGO is TRY so maybe sopme ppl can TRY to get back the game....heh?

more_horiz
I watched all of the original serie, GX and 5Ds almost all Zexal and a 60% of Arc-V, I cant say Im a big fan of the anime but I loved  the original and GX cuz of their caracters cant say the same thing for the rest of the series but I can mention Kalin from 5Ds, Kaito from Zexal and Akaba Reiji from Arc-V, as for their protagonists I dont feel any of them havin the complex atitude, motivations and development as Yugi had. I dont understand why they keep doing new series based on future dueling with new mechanics and things, is this because of the TCG game? a good serie would be the continuation of the original serie with a threat gainst the protagonists and not over the world and stuff, like srsly that take over or destroy the world stuff its soooooooo boring in any anime, we seen this hundred of times, is it that hard to have a threat against the protagonists, smthing like a personal vendeta?

more_horiz
It appears the new Yu-Gi-Oh protagonist knows little to nothing about the game so we're in a Jonouchi situation.

more_horiz
Smthing like Yuma when Zeal started, that will change, the joke its only at the begiing lol

more_horiz
The original ygo series ends with the new movie, darkside of dimensions, so yeah fresh ideas are always welcome, excited for this as usual with all anime ygos

more_horiz
tbh they cant use very complicated ideas lol, now that it turned into a story that aim for kids unlike ORIGINAL ygo chet
kids dont like very confusing shets when they r like 6 (the game? thats a diff story but heh yeah)

more_horiz
Yei, great we are gonna learn how to summon a monster in attack mode! I suumon...BEAVER WORRIOR.

But anyways Books, the anime is not directed to the little kids addience since I can tell ya the new shit gets pretty darn complicated even for me.

more_horiz
it is aimed for kids lol
the complicating level is not as high as other teen aimed or adult aimed audience heh

more_horiz
Still, 6year olds don't watch yugioh, they watch teenage mutant ninja tutrs!

more_horiz
uk in japan, its suppose to aim for kids but half of the audiences are teen over over teens lol, but that doesnt change the fact that it is aimed for kids

just like how some magicial girl show is aimed for little girl or maybe teen girls, but half of the audience is male over 30 years old lol

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply