Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duel academy RPG!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+12
YgoBeast247
Necruta
YAMI MOTO#1
DanelerH
Booked
niney16
Alisae
Kangaroo-Jolty
username290
Pepchoninga
PowerNova
CrimsonOverlord
16 posters

descriptionDuel academy RPG!  - Page 2 EmptyDuel academy RPG!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

So some of you remember the idea we once came up with. Our very own roleplay rpg consisting of dueling through various seasons of the ygo anime and such. Now i see people are still hype for this so i want to discuss what you guys would like to have and not have, so that i can work on this to give all a good experience. Discuss below!

descriptionDuel academy RPG!  - Page 2 EmptyRe: Duel academy RPG!

more_horiz
Well i was thinking that you need to complete quests to challenge each shadow duelist. The requirements would be like defeat 2 of his minions (servants) and then you can challenge him, win 2 consecutive bas or so on. Any thoughts or better yet ideas we can come up with as requirements to challenge the bosses?

more_horiz
Well first thing you will need to do is have a good set-up. If we wanna make this a long-standing DA special event that will continue trough multiple month it will need to establish a good base. What I mean is, since we are having a Duel Academy Roleplay, every member will need to get into a dorm. At first maybe make the players make some in-game rivalries (aka give them more freedom to create there own character story-arc) and then start smartly implementing the main antagonists to push the role playing experience further. 

As for different ways to get to one of the shadow duelists and duel him, minions seems like a little too boring. While I admittedly don't have a better idea atm, maybe some other more interesting and fun quests could be added to make you feel like you are actually doing something that a Yu-Gi-Oh character would do and not something that you do in a Mortal Kombat game. 

more_horiz
Also what I forgot to say is try and make the Roleplay seem more like a RPG with the MMO element implemented in. That would of course mean staff (people that wil be in charge of managing the Roleplay) will have much more work, but it will also give bucket loads of content. 

Sorry for the double post, but I felt this should've been said now since I may forget it afterwards, and also was to lazy to edit the last post, welp. 

more_horiz
Its ok. Well minions were just given as an example really. Also we do plan to make this stay as our strongest event, we can follow the other seasons and so on, no problem there. But only you are commenting on this for now lol. Others? Cmon we duel a lot these days, ik you are active

more_horiz
Pep, Crimson both of you are on two entirely different wavelengths. Crimson is trying to make an event/RPG while Pep is talking about a Roleplay which are two entirely different things and are structured differently. So the first thing we would need to establish is whether this is going to be an event or a full blown RP.

more_horiz
As far as I know this was though to be a Roleplay. If this is something that we want to be the biggest thing on DA for a long time, it needs to be big. So why not make Roleplay RPG? Thing is we don't need to follow the events of GX completely. We can create our own unique experience, taking things from the diffrent arcs in the anime, so fans of both the game and the show can find the things they loved about GX (Potentially the other ones as well) mixed with our own ideas. 

more_horiz
Necruta just presented to me an idea to make dueling even more balanced and more like the games and such. Basically we introduce packs which you have to buy. Maybe we can add starter decks too at the beginning ? Discuss if you would like such a feature being implemented

more_horiz
Well I've stated in chat why I don't like this idea. 

For me this should be as realistic as posible. And not made like one of those shitty konami pay to win games. Earning in-game currency is great and even having pack stores too, but this being the way we build our decks is taking both from the realism and the overall experience.

more_horiz
Well i do agree that it becomes a bit of a grind. I just presented it as an idea if people wanted it. Im still for the 2 copy of each card and boss monster at 1 rule.

more_horiz
Pep, you are so mean to me.

more_horiz
If the pack system is used, you must make sure that people start off with a good amount of currency so that the beginning of the game isn't a grind fest and cards can be sold, bought and traded between players

more_horiz
Well we have one not wanting this system so far. @danelerh, @drunkion thoughts?

more_horiz
Crimson, I want to be able to play so bad.

more_horiz
Well get a dueling system (ygopro) and actually duel. You say you will, but you never do lol

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Tbh, this would be ruining the experience. A Roleplay must have some plot to follow. Or at least an idea. Since this is a Yugimons Roleplay, the plot/idea will follow stuff that happened on the Yu-Gi-Oh anime, or anything else DUEL related that the staff members come out with. 

Playing a character that doesn't duel, or doesn't contribute to the Roleplay in any way is pointless. This will only make the experience less fun for both the active players (That WILL duel) and the members that don't have access to the needed dueling platform.

@YAMI MOTO#1 @username290

ahem..did u even read!!!!!
i said.....I WOULD DUEL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WHICH WILLL BE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!JEEZ PEPCHONINGA!!!!.....and just 
hear meh out...if fucking love dueling and WILL DUEL U TOOLS WHEN I FINALLY GET THIS YGOPRO SHIT WORKING!!!!
@
anyway.......

a role that doesnt duel at first BUT DUELS LATER!!!!!!
THAT'D BE MEH!!
if that's possible role??
@crimson overlord

more_horiz
But I don't have Yugioh pro and it won't work on my phone.

more_horiz
So then you cant duel simple enough. Yami you can just wait when you can duel then participate.

more_horiz
I said what I thought should be said. At the end of the day, this is a dueling RP/RPG and if you cannot duel, then this is not the thing for you. Keep in mind that if this thing keeps rolling I would guess that after the defeating of every big bad, the Roleplay will stop for a bit (simething like seasons), so players can get a breath and also this may be the time, when player that didn't join at the beginning can come in. 

@niney16 Do you have a computer? I asked you this question a lot. If you do, YGOpro is a very easy thing to get. You can ask another member to guide you thought the downloading process if you are stuck, or just cant do it. 

@Necruta to answer your question since I just disappeared (Something popped up that needed my immediate attention welp). I think that a player shpuld not be limited to opening packs, even if he has a good amount of curency. It would be good to start the thing for every player just before they enter a new year at Duel Academy. They should be able to submit a deck of there choice (maybe with some exceptions to make it a bit more balanced), following the highlander rules, and have it as there main deck for the whole duration of the roleplay. I am, however, absolutely for having the opportunity of buying packs to get more cards and this way making a posible second deck. Tho making it so this is the way ypu create your first deck that you will most likely be using for a long time, takes from the realism. That is what I was trying to fit as a thinking in the sentence you didn't understand.

Also why don't we invite our new academy duelist @Lux to the discussion? He is usually the guy that has great ideas ^^

more_horiz
Like I said before.

No fair.

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
It would be good to start the thing for every player just before they enter a new year at Duel Academy. They should be able to submit a deck of there choice (maybe with some exceptions to make it a bit more balanced), following the highlander rules, and have it as there main deck for the whole duration of the roleplay. I am, however, absolutely for having the opportunity of buying packs to get more cards and this way making a possible second deck.

I agree with this suggestion.

more_horiz
Actually @niney16, it is fair. This will be a YUGIOH event. Everybody that doesn't play the game is more then welcome here, but those kind of events are for the duelists in our community, which is expected to be more then half of our active members. If you cannot get YGOpro on your computer you will not be able to participate in this or any other YGO event, till you do. And even then I highly advice you to think over before joining any event. 

more_horiz
You are so mean to me pep.

more_horiz
@niney16 I will personally ask you to not post in here useless stuff and not try and make stupid argument, because on here nobody will bite the fish and will probably ignore you, unless you have a suggestion or wanna give an opinion on something we are discussing ^^

more_horiz
If you don't want me here then lock it up.

more_horiz
Niney just stop really. Also @lux you really do have great ideas, so help me out bud ^^

more_horiz
I have an idea.

Have everyone duel against each other in a battle City tournament.

more_horiz
In game tournament could be something used for a storyline. Good start for a posible discussion ^^

more_horiz
Like battlecity and zexal with the heart collection? Not bad but hmmm how would villains be evil in this?

more_horiz
Well the cool thing about the animeis that is has rich stories. Storylines are a thing that could be discussed later down the line though (I can think about at least 10 of the top of my head). Antagonists could be implemented in many ways. Just for example if we are talking about a tournament hosted in Duel Academy by a new proffesor/guest that will be the main bad guy. With that in the academy enter 2-3 new students that are actually pons of this new proffesor/guest. They enter this big tournament that will be done troughout the whole academy year and will actually help the evil plan of the antagonist. 

The possibilities for something like this are endless. 

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Well the cool thing about the animeis that is has rich stories. Storylines are a thing that could be discussed later down the line though (I can think about at least 10 of the top of my head). Antagonists could be implemented in many ways. Just for example if we are talking about a tournament hosted in Duel Academy by a new proffesor/guest that will be the main bad guy. With that in the academy enter 2-3 new students that are actually pons of this new proffesor/guest. They enter this big tournament that will be done troughout the whole academy year and will actually help the evil plan of the antagonist. 

The possibilities for something like this are endless. 

So the GX manga (to an extent)?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply